which order the points where scored in historic tennismatches - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 25th, 2009, 02:39 PM   #1
country flag XaaaX

XaaaX is an unknown quantity at this point
which order the points where scored in historic tennismatches

I am doing some statistics on tennis matches and are interested in getting some data from historic tennis games.

The data I am looking for, is in which order the points where scored in historic matches, and not just the end-result. The perfect data for me would be:

For example:
Match 1 - player X vs player Y
Ball 1 - winner player X
Ball 2 - winner player Y
[Last ball of the mach] winner player X. Winner of the game player X

This way I can make stats about how many percentage of breakballs are actually won and so on.

It would also be useful for me to have data for the order for the gamepoints in historic games (1-0, 1-1, 2-1...6-2 etc.).

I am looking for all kind of games, but of course wta, atp and grand slam matches are preferred.

If anyone are aware of sites where I can download such data (or if anyone themselves have such data and would be willing to send them to me) I would be very happy to hear from you.

/Jim
XaaaX is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 26th, 2009, 09:21 AM   #2
country flag XaaaX

XaaaX is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: which order the points where scored in historic tennismatches

No clue anyone?
XaaaX is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25th, 2009, 05:02 AM   #3
country flag rajak325

rajak325 is an unknown quantity at this point

The 2000 Chase Championships final provided what was probably the best women’s match of the year.

It was the 14th meeting between Martina Hingis and Monica Seles with the head to head 11 – 2 in Martina’s favour.

Monica was a 3 time winner of the year ending championships with Martina having won it just the once.

Both players were serving well from the start and the first 5 games were close but all went with serve. The next three games went comfortable with serve to take it to 4-4.

The ninth game saw Martina take a 40 love lead and then, with a combination of a few loose shots and a couple of great ones from Monica, she lost the game.

At 5-4 Monica was now serving for the set. At 30 all Martina made a simple forehand error which gave Monica set point. Martina saved the point with a wrong-footing forehand winner on the 10th stroke of the rally. A few points later she had broke back with some deep hitting forcing the errors from Monica’s racket.

Martina held serve comfortably to love with a couple of excellent forehand winners leaving Monica to serve to try to stay in the set.
===========================================
Self Certification Mortgage Broker
Marine corps Gifts
rajak325 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8th, 2010, 07:28 AM   #4
country flag pooja

pooja is an unknown quantity at this point

Steffi Graf’s achievement stood out further because it was the only time anyone has ever won The Grand Slam with each tournament on a different surface.

Gabby had beaten Steffi twice out of the three times they played in 1988 so she went into this match with plenty of confidence.

The first set started with Steffi Graf holding her serve to 30 after dropping the first two points to unforced errors. Gabby replied with a good service game of her own, holding to 15.

Steffi then held serve and broke Gabby to take a 3-1 lead. Sabatini broke back the very next game after some sloppy play by Graf and then held serve to bring it back to 3-3.

Steffi won the next 2 games to take a 5-3 lead. She was now serving for the set. She quickly got to 40-15 holding two set points. Gabby managed to save both with a great topspin cross-court backhand winner and a wonderful lob. On the third set point Steffi secured the game after a 25 stroke rally to take the set 6-3.

The first 3 games of the second set went with serve. Then Graf made a few too many errors and Sabatini quickly took a 4-1 lead. Steffi won the next two games to pull back to 4-3.