Fed Cup - Page 5 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 3rd, 2010, 03:31 PM   #61
country flag KamilZ

KamilZ is a splendid one to behold KamilZ is a splendid one to behold KamilZ is a splendid one to behold KamilZ is a splendid one to behold KamilZ is a splendid one to behold KamilZ is a splendid one to behold KamilZ is a splendid one to behold KamilZ is a splendid one to behold KamilZ is a splendid one to behold KamilZ is a splendid one to behold KamilZ is a splendid one to behold
Re: Fed Cup

Alex great come back Romania should leads 2-0 now, but Ioana...what is she doing?! ehhh

The Lisicki Express!
Flavia Pennetta Vera Zvonareva Maria Kirilenko Yanina Wickmayer
Raluca Olaru Julia Görges Kichenok twins Arantxa Rus
Pervak Dementieva Kuznetsova Vesnina Lykina
Pekhova
KamilZ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 3rd, 2010, 03:40 PM   #62
country flag onis80

onis80 is a glorious beacon of light onis80 is a glorious beacon of light onis80 is a glorious beacon of light onis80 is a glorious beacon of light onis80 is a glorious beacon of light onis80 is a glorious beacon of light onis80 is a glorious beacon of light onis80 is a glorious beacon of light onis80 is a glorious beacon of light onis80 is a glorious beacon of light onis80 is a glorious beacon of light

On the Fed cup official page, the Romanian doubles team has changed: R3 - A.SADIKOVIC / P.SCHNYDER (SUI) v. I.OLARU / S.HALEP (ROU) I hope Raluca will do better in doubles!
onis80 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3rd, 2010, 03:51 PM   #63
country flag Shvedbarilescu
Everybody's a star!!!

Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute

Well one has to say that was either very brave or very foolish of Spirlea to take Alexandra out of the doubles after such a great performance in the singles but then again Alexandra isn't known for playing doubles and she might have been tired.

Raluca will obviously carry a lot of pressure on how now and she has to do better here in the doubles than she did in the singles. A lot of pressure also for Simona playing doubles in such an important match. We can only hope, that Patty has run out of gas after that singles match. Romanian do have a great advantage over Switzerland in that they do have options on their side whereas Switzerland can't really deviate from their top two players so I guess this is where that advantage hopefully comes into play....

Last edited by Shvedbarilescu : Feb 3rd, 2010 at 03:59 PM.
Shvedbarilescu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3rd, 2010, 03:54 PM   #64
country flag iPatty

iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute

Part of me wants Romania to win this tie because it's Simona's Fed Cup debut but of course I will be rooting for Patty. I'm glad Alexandra was able to hang in there and she must have played very well in the third set. After the close fight against Wickmayer and now beating a Top50 player (not sure if she was playing like one, but still), I think it's safe to say that she is slowly finding her footing on hardcourts.
Old Feb 3rd, 2010, 05:35 PM   #65
country flag KamilZ

KamilZ is a splendid one to behold KamilZ is a splendid one to behold KamilZ is a splendid one to behold KamilZ is a splendid one to behold KamilZ is a splendid one to behold KamilZ is a splendid one to behold KamilZ is a splendid one to behold KamilZ is a splendid one to behold KamilZ is a splendid one to behold KamilZ is a splendid one to behold KamilZ is a splendid one to behold

Great Ioana had fantastic day...lost in singles, when she leaded 4-2 in 3rd...lost in doubles...
Alex saved chances for win, but only she did good job today

The Lisicki Express!
Pekhova
Old Feb 3rd, 2010, 06:06 PM   #66
Everybody's a star!!!

Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah at the end of day one Alex showed she is up to the challenge of Fed Cup, unfortunately Raluca didn't. And at the end of the day, it looks almost certainly like Romania aren't now going to qualify from this group. Very disappointing.
Old Feb 3rd, 2010, 06:11 PM   #67
country flag Sherbi

Sherbi is a glorious beacon of light Sherbi is a glorious beacon of light Sherbi is a glorious beacon of light Sherbi is a glorious beacon of light Sherbi is a glorious beacon of light Sherbi is a glorious beacon of light Sherbi is a glorious beacon of light Sherbi is a glorious beacon of light Sherbi is a glorious beacon of light Sherbi is a glorious beacon of light Sherbi is a glorious beacon of light

Very disapointing loss, particularily the way it hapenned with Ioana not able to beat Sadikovic and with a weird choice for the doubles... Will Irina keep Ioana for the doubles or give Simona a chance?
Sherbi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3rd, 2010, 08:37 PM   #68
Everybody's a star!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherbi View Post
Very disapointing loss, particularily the way it hapenned with Ioana not able to beat Sadikovic and with a weird choice for the doubles... Will Irina keep Ioana for the doubles or give Simona a chance?
Personally I think Olaru has too much doubles experience relative to the other girls on the team to leave her out of the doubles team. Yeah I'm not saying Raluca is that strong in doubles but compared to the rest of the team she definately has had the best results. Obviously Monica and Sorana are sorely missed when it comes to making doubles selection decisions but that's the way it is, doubles should have been Romania's strongest suit. But with the team as it is I think I would play Raluca in the doubles with Alexandra rather than Simona.

I also would strongly consider trying Simona in the number 2 singles spot after today. Simona had some really nice results indoors late last year beating Bychkova, Krajicek, Bremond and Kerber indoors. And given Raluca's performance today, I think Simona now deserves a chance to show what she can do in singles.
Old Feb 4th, 2010, 12:45 AM   #69
country flag hellas719

hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute

Ralu
It's all her fault
It should've been a win
Now Romania will probably have to wait another year

Wickmayer. Venus. Ivanovic. Cirstea. Halep.
Azarenka. Krajicek. Flipkens. Pironkova. Begu.
Lisicki. Paszek. Vesnina. Pavlyuchenkova. Cornet.
Stephens. Oudin. King. Vandeweghe. McHale.
Grammatikopoulou ~ Papamichail ~ Sakkari
hellas719 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4th, 2010, 01:42 AM   #70
country flag hellas719

hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute

The score in doubles was 6-7 1-6

Wickmayer. Venus. Ivanovic. Cirstea. Halep.
Azarenka. Krajicek. Flipkens. Pironkova. Begu.
Lisicki. Paszek. Vesnina. Pavlyuchenkova. Cornet.
Stephens. Oudin. King. Vandeweghe. McHale.
Grammatikopoulou ~ Papamichail ~ Sakkari
hellas719 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4th, 2010, 10:43 AM   #71
country flag thadeuss

thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shvedbarilescu View Post

I also would strongly consider trying Simona in the number 2 singles spot after today. Simona had some really nice results indoors late last year beating Bychkova, Krajicek, Bremond and Kerber indoors. And given Raluca's performance today, I think Simona now deserves a chance to show what she can do in singles.
Simona will play today sigles and doubles with Dulgheru. It seems that Raluca won't play today at all..
thadeuss is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4th, 2010, 12:08 PM   #72
country flag thadeuss

thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future

Romania vs. Croatia

Halep def. Tomljanovic 7-6(5) 1-6 7-6(2)
thadeuss is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4th, 2010, 12:30 PM   #73
country flag KamilZ

Good for them, that Ioana doesn't play today Congrats Simona - well done Now, Alex must win

The Lisicki Express!
Pekhova
Old Feb 4th, 2010, 12:37 PM   #74
Everybody's a star!!!

Great win for Simona. Really impressive scoreline in that it shows she must have played her heart out to get the win against a very tough opponent. Ajla Tomljanovic has been zooming up the rankings and this was always going to be a toughy to get through. Very pleased.

It's looking like Romania may still have a small chance to get through. Alex needs to beat Martic now obviously and hopefully Romania can win the doubles against Croatia too. Portugal are obviously crap and will be a total formality tomorrow so really providing Romania can finish off Croatia, doable but not guarenteed, it will all come down to Croatia v Switzerland. Switzerland will be the favourites to win but Croatia could be tough in both singles matches and if Croatia could win, Romania just might squeak through. Longshot but let's hope.

I still think Raluca and Alex are Romania's best doubles combo out of the available players and I do wish Irina would try this combo but I'm not the manager.
Old Feb 4th, 2010, 12:44 PM   #75
country flag KamilZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shvedbarilescu View Post
I still think Raluca and Alex are Romania's best doubles combo out of the available players and I do wish Irina would try this combo but I'm not the manager.
Yes, Ralu & Alex it's the best doubles combo, but i hope Irina knows, what she doing and she is right today

The Lisicki Express!
Pekhova