Marion in Melbourne - Page 8 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 30th, 2010, 07:48 AM   #106
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Marion in Melbourne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceland View Post
No, I had to go after the first set. I used comments from people who did watch the stats plus statistics (4pts). Apparently, all her shots went to the bottom of the net. I know when she does it. She has done it so many times. Like the Stanford final, when she wasn't moving for the whole second set. Or the Bali final when all of a sudden, she cannot serve at all. Anyway how can you not win more than 4 points against Zheng with the serve she has?

When she gives up in her mind, she can go that far. I don't believe a word on her being tired. She hasn't played before the AO. THe whole point was to be fresher to go deep in the draw. If she isn't fit enough to have enough energy for 3 matches, maybe she should retire from tennis. Enough of being politically correct.
Yeah,I know you've been a big fan for a while so your criticism has some credibility...and your reasoning is decent.I guess that I wanted to wait a while after the match to ask so that disappointment wouldn't cloud sound thinking....Thanks for your comments

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Our Slam: Islas Marias Prison Island Open--Benito Juarez Open(red clay)--Mazatlan Open(LOTS of Mexican 'grass' AND 'sugar')--the Mexico City Open(VERY poorly attended b/c almost NO ONE can get thru the traffic)
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 31st, 2010, 07:44 AM   #107
country flag Alizé Molik
Championne de Wimbledon 2013

Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceland View Post
No, I had to go after the first set. I used comments from people who did watch the stats plus statistics (4pts). Apparently, all her shots went to the bottom of the net. I know when she does it. She has done it so many times. Like the Stanford final, when she wasn't moving for the whole second set. Or the Bali final when all of a sudden, she cannot serve at all. Anyway how can you not win more than 4 points against Zheng with the serve she has?

When she gives up in her mind, she can go that far. I don't believe a word on her being tired. She hasn't played before the AO. THe whole point was to be fresher to go deep in the draw. If she isn't fit enough to have enough energy for 3 matches, maybe she should retire from tennis. Enough of being politically correct.
This is the point. I know some fans just blindly follow and make up excuses for their favourite's but I know that Marion can do better. I watched the entire match and she gave up in the third set. No profesional player "runs out of steam" playing her third match of the year, and the first one that went to 3 sets! We all love Marion but let's be realistic, the only problem in this match was mental. Let me add to what Antoine said the following; when in Wimbledon she failed to close out the first set at 5-4, she gave up and didn't win another game. In the final of Bali she failed to close out the first set, and then retired injured, even though she was in perfect health for the rest of the tournament. I know we all love her, I have followed her basically since she broke into the top 100 and she has always had this kind of mental, one day she's a fighter, the next she loses it. However over the last two years, she has been doing more of this giving up and retiring than ever.
Old Jan 31st, 2010, 12:14 PM   #108
country flag leviathane

leviathane has much to be proud of leviathane has much to be proud of leviathane has much to be proud of leviathane has much to be proud of leviathane has much to be proud of leviathane has much to be proud of leviathane has much to be proud of leviathane has much to be proud of leviathane has much to be proud of leviathane has much to be proud of leviathane has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alizé Molik View Post
This is the point. I know some fans just blindly follow and make up excuses for their favourite's but I know that Marion can do better. I watched the entire match and she gave up in the third set. No profesional player "runs out of steam" playing her third match of the year, and the first one that went to 3 sets! We all love Marion but let's be realistic, the only problem in this match was mental. Let me add to what Antoine said the following; when in Wimbledon she failed to close out the first set at 5-4, she gave up and didn't win another game. In the final of Bali she failed to close out the first set, and then retired injured, even though she was in perfect health for the rest of the tournament. I know we all love her, I have followed her basically since she broke into the top 100 and she has always had this kind of mental, one day she's a fighter, the next she loses it. However over the last two years, she has been doing more of this giving up and retiring than ever.
+1

I think she has to change her strategy ang play in Paris Coubertin next week.

Chanda Rubin ,Monica Niculescu, Kritina Mladenovic, Svetlana Kuznetsova, Vera Zvonareva, Kimiko, Martina Hingis , Stephanie Foretz, Laura Thorpe, Caroline Garcia, Patty Schnyder, Dinara Safina, Aravane Rezai, Ahsha Rolle, Arena Rodionova, Tatiana Golovin
leviathane is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote