irish tennis - Page 53 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 20th, 2010, 08:06 AM   #781
country flag polly

polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of
Re: irish tennis

Hard luck Louk, the French open is next!
polly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 20th, 2010, 08:36 AM   #782
country flag polly

polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of

Just read on the BBC blog that Sonia O'Sullivan was at Louk's match, apparently there were queues of 7 to 8 feet deep!!!
Old Jan 20th, 2010, 08:37 AM   #783
country flag polly

How many do ye reckon went to see Louk's match???
Old Jan 20th, 2010, 12:39 PM   #784
country flag Stevecw

Stevecw has a brilliant future Stevecw has a brilliant future Stevecw has a brilliant future Stevecw has a brilliant future Stevecw has a brilliant future Stevecw has a brilliant future Stevecw has a brilliant future Stevecw has a brilliant future Stevecw has a brilliant future Stevecw has a brilliant future Stevecw has a brilliant future

Good effort by the sounds of it.
What a great little run it was by him. Bring on the French Open
Old Jan 20th, 2010, 03:54 PM   #785
country flag Tennis-Chick

Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute

Still an amazing week for Louk! He should be very proud of himself How many ranking points did he get for qualifying and winning a round?

Beth Mattek-Sands Georgie Stoop

Come back soon Tati
Tennis-Chick is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2010, 05:30 PM   #786
country flag Ferg

Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennis-Chick View Post
Still an amazing week for Louk! He should be very proud of himself How many ranking points did he get for qualifying and winning a round?
Im not 100% but around 120 I think. He'll be on the cusp ofthe top 200 either way.
Old Jan 20th, 2010, 05:34 PM   #787
country flag Ferg

Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute

Oh, and it has to be said, fair pla to the Irish people who went to support him in Melbourne, it was an incredible atmosphere and they never stopped cheering him even as he went down. I doubt very many of them even have an interest in tennis so it shows a special Irish thing for people to always support each other. Nice gesture by Louk at the end by applauding them. I love players like him too, not one particular strength, but just a massive worker and fighter. Not many players would take a third set to 7-5 after losing the first two to a player like Isner. I'll definitly go support the Davis Cup team when they play in Dublin.
Old Jan 20th, 2010, 05:49 PM   #788
country flag polly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferg View Post
Im not 100% but around 120 I think. He'll be on the cusp ofthe top 200 either way.
i think louk will get 25 points for qualifying and another 45 for getting to the second round, so he gets 70 points in total and that should bring him to about 208.
Old Jan 20th, 2010, 05:50 PM   #789
country flag polly

where are louk and conor off to next???
Old Jan 20th, 2010, 06:09 PM   #790
country flag KournikovaFan91
*Sesil*

KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute

So a big crowd turned out, typical jumping on the bandwagon, like all those rugby "fans" who appeared just cause we win stuff.
Old Jan 20th, 2010, 06:14 PM   #791
country flag polly

i wonder how many roughly turned up to see louk's match against isner???
Old Jan 20th, 2010, 06:14 PM   #792
country flag Ferg

Quote:
Originally Posted by KournikovaFan91 View Post
So a big crowd turned out, typical jumping on the bandwagon, like all those Leinster rugby "fans" who appeared just cause we win stuff.
Fixed. Im sure he was delighted with the support though, bandwagon or not!
Old Jan 20th, 2010, 06:18 PM   #793
country flag Ferg

Quote:
Originally Posted by polly View Post
i wonder how many roughly turned up to see louk's match against isner???
Well someone who saw Bartoli-Zahalova said during the break in sets the camera showed the stadium and it was full with Irish fans waiting for Louk.
Old Jan 20th, 2010, 06:27 PM   #794
country flag polly

its great to see that louk got fantastic support in melbourne and he really appreciated it.

i wonder does anyone have a video of it, i would love to see his match
Old Jan 21st, 2010, 01:49 AM   #795
country flag KournikovaFan91
*Sesil*

KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferg View Post
Fixed. Im sure he was delighted with the support though, bandwagon or not!

I am from Leinster and tbh I can't stand most of their fans