Yahoo names Lisicki/Kohlschreiber für Hopman Cup 2010 - Page 4 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 9th, 2010, 10:35 AM   #46
country flag ChrisCologne

ChrisCologne is a name known to all ChrisCologne is a name known to all ChrisCologne is a name known to all ChrisCologne is a name known to all ChrisCologne is a name known to all ChrisCologne is a name known to all ChrisCologne is a name known to all ChrisCologne is a name known to all ChrisCologne is a name known to all ChrisCologne is a name known to all ChrisCologne is a name known to all
Re: Yahoo names Lisicki/Kohlschreiber für Hopman Cup 2010

IMO, Kiwi stated he´ll continue till the Olympics to have a chance once again to compete (in doubles)

As there´ll be mixed, ALG and Lisicki are the obvious choices to represent Germany within that competition as for the girls, too

I´d love to see Germany being re-invited for a third straight time but I think the Australian have the policy of inviting new names and nations just for mixing things. I think it was only due to the fact that Sabine was THE story of last year as Robson is of this year

My guess is the the re-invitation of the next year is definetely Great Britain with Robson and Murray being a force even more by then

The fact that might be a chance though is that the Hopman cup has six slots left open each year with Australia and the qualyfing Asian nation taking part, but those 6 spots often represents 10-12 nations famous for tennis and then are filled with players willing to play and then let the rankings or diversity decide if to invite or not

I believe that the thing goes that they ask the male player from 1 of each nation if he´s willing to play. So, Haas declined. They asked Kohli, he was willing. Then they ask the girl, and she accepted. A team is set, now compare that with the rankings of other teams if they make it to the draw

Hopefully, next year, or the year after the signs are set for London 2012 and both Kiefer and Haas get a nice climb in rankings and form
ChrisCologne is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 9th, 2010, 11:09 AM   #47
country flag mk27

mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Yahoo names Lisicki/Kohlschreiber für Hopman Cup 2010

I don't think that Kiefer will play next year. He doesn't want to play qualifying in Melbourne and i think he will retire this year. Haas won't play Hopman Cup because of his injury there 5 years ago.
mk27 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote