Fed Cup - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 3rd, 2010, 02:11 AM   #16
country flag hellas719

hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Fed Cup

Any idea who will play this year?
Probably Sorana, Alexandra, Raluca, and Monica, but maybe they should give someone like Simona a chance

Wickmayer. Venus. Ivanovic. Cirstea. Halep.
Azarenka. Krajicek. Flipkens. Pironkova. Begu.
Lisicki. Paszek. Vesnina. Pavlyuchenkova. Cornet.
Stephens. Oudin. King. Vandeweghe. McHale.
Grammatikopoulou ~ Papamichail ~ Sakkari
hellas719 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 8th, 2010, 05:20 PM   #17
country flag thadeuss

thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future

yeah Sori, Alex, Ralu and Moni will play this year. And Irina will be the captain I'm glad she accepted to lead Romania
thadeuss is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8th, 2010, 08:05 PM   #18
country flag hellas719

hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute

I like the team
If it was up to me, I would've chosen Cirstea, Olaru, and Niculescu for sure! Then I would've decided between Dulgheru and Halep for the last spot. Gallovits wants to play for Hungary so I doubt she'd play, Halep is top 200 and she will be on the team in the future so it would be good for her to get experience and she is in good form, and Dulgheru has no Fed Cup experience and is not a great hard court player
I think Sori will play singles #1 and I think Ralu and Alex will both play singles #2 and doubles will be Monica and Raluca every time

Old Jan 8th, 2010, 08:44 PM   #19
country flag thadeuss

thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future

Gallovits refused to play for Romania in 2008 when the team needed her, I doubt she will be called again. If she didn't want to play for Romania which has a better team and after all she's romanian I doubt she'll play for Hungary.
At the moment Dulgheru is better than Halep even on hard court so the choise is the best one..
Old Jan 8th, 2010, 08:52 PM   #20
country flag hellas719

I know that there were rumors that said that Edina said she wants to play on the Hungarian Fed Cup

Old Jan 8th, 2010, 09:13 PM   #21
country flag thadeuss

Well those rumors were BS I guess...
Old Jan 8th, 2010, 09:17 PM   #22
country flag hellas719

But she said it herself that she would like to play for Hungary's Fed Cup team but she wasn't 100% sure and that was last year so I guess she decided not to

Old Jan 8th, 2010, 09:28 PM   #23
country flag thadeuss

Maybe she said that after Beijing, when she was not allowed to play for Romania because she refused to play FedCup. But since Ruxandra became president of the federation she said that Gallovits will always be an option for FedCup, so she's not a closed chapter

Last edited by thadeuss : Jan 8th, 2010 at 09:34 PM.
Old Jan 8th, 2010, 09:58 PM   #24
country flag hellas719

Oh, okay
But I think she said it around Budapest 2009. When did Ruxandra become president?

Old Jan 8th, 2010, 10:14 PM   #25
country flag iPatty

iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute

If it's indoors, Cirstea and Niculescu should play both singles and doubles.
Old Jan 9th, 2010, 04:59 PM   #26
country flag thadeuss

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellas719 View Post
Oh, okay
But I think she said it around Budapest 2009. When did Ruxandra become president?
March 2009
Old Jan 29th, 2010, 06:45 AM   #27
country flag thadeuss

according to this article Sorana and Monica won't play at FedCup because of health problems
http://www.prosport.ro/alte-sporturi...nebuna-5455365

the team will be: Raluca Olaru, Simona Halep, Alexandra Dulgheru & Irina Begu

Old Jan 29th, 2010, 09:29 AM   #28
country flag teo_honey

teo_honey has a brilliant future teo_honey has a brilliant future teo_honey has a brilliant future teo_honey has a brilliant future teo_honey has a brilliant future teo_honey has a brilliant future teo_honey has a brilliant future teo_honey has a brilliant future teo_honey has a brilliant future teo_honey has a brilliant future teo_honey has a brilliant future

Disappointing team. Hope they'll surprise us as the unknown Sorana and Monica team did in 2008.

SORANA CIRSTEA
~Haide MONICA & Edina!~
teo_honey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29th, 2010, 03:31 PM   #29
country flag thadeuss

FedCup training

Ioana Raluca Olaru

Alexandra Dulgheru

Simona Halep & Alexandra Dulgheru

Ruxandra Dragomir & Irina Spirlea

The team

Old Jan 29th, 2010, 05:18 PM   #30
country flag Shvedbarilescu
Everybody's a star!!!

Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by thadeuss View Post
according to this article Sorana and Monica won't play at FedCup because of health problems
http://www.prosport.ro/alte-sporturi...nebuna-5455365

the team will be: Raluca Olaru, Simona Halep, Alexandra Dulgheru & Irina Begu

No Sorana and no Monica? Yipes. That's a real shame. It really is time Romania got into the World Group II but I can't see it happening with this team at all.

Even so, I wish the whole team the best of luck.