Aleksandra Krunic - Page 8 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 6th, 2010, 11:00 AM   #106
country flag Cp6uja

Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Aleksandra Krunic

Aleksandra again won in straight sets, but this time without bagel

Her next opponent is British Naomi Broady which upset Julie Coin today. 1990 born Broady is about #300 in rankings, but since last november she is unbeaten on ITF tour (15+ matches winning strike) and if Alex lose against such opponent it will not be tragedy.

I hope that Krunic will play here doubles with Bojana Jovanovski (1st seed here and #1 favorite in singles which destroyed her opponent today 6-0 6-1) because that will be maybe future Serbian #1 Fed Cup doubles team... but that's not happen. They should thinking about that in near future and everytime when Jovanovski, Krunic and Curovic played at same event they should play together.

So whatever happen in next round Aleksandra already reach big success here and broke TOP500 (despite she played just 8 ranked events in last 53 weeks, next monday I think there will be just 3 younger players better ranked than Krunic).

AMAZING BELGRADE MIRACLE: In just three years (2008-2011) 5 different players born in same city reach world #1 in rankings and several GS titles and finals (WTA singles: Ana Ivanovic and Jelena Jankovic, ATP singles: Novak Djokovic, ATP doubles: Nenad Zimonjic and Daniel Nestor... with notable performances of Bojana Jovanovski, Janko Tipsarevic and Viktor Troicki which is also all three born in Belgrade)
Cp6uja is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 6th, 2010, 10:32 PM   #107
country flag cosmic

cosmic is a glorious beacon of light cosmic is a glorious beacon of light cosmic is a glorious beacon of light cosmic is a glorious beacon of light cosmic is a glorious beacon of light cosmic is a glorious beacon of light cosmic is a glorious beacon of light cosmic is a glorious beacon of light cosmic is a glorious beacon of light cosmic is a glorious beacon of light cosmic is a glorious beacon of light

Boy, she rocks!
cosmic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7th, 2010, 09:19 AM   #108
country flag sundjerbob

sundjerbob has disabled reputation

Alex in QF 7-5 6-0 against BROADY !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Goooooooooooo Alex
sundjerbob is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8th, 2010, 12:08 AM   #109
country flag Cp6uja

Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute

Awesome success for young Aleksandra.
So far in whole career she played just about 10 ITF events and all is 10K (except just one 25K). So before this big-one 50K tournament best ranked opponent which she ever meet is about #400 ranked, but she still managed to win 10 straight sets in the row here, including this win against TOP300 in-form player! And don't forget that she won career-first event which she ever played (2008 Prokuplje 10K), so this is not just coincidence, this girl must be very courage, focused and self-confident. And of course very talented.

Thanks to risky decision to drop juniors career just in moment when she has open opportunity to rise in one of best Jr-players and even Jr-slam title contender she choose harder way for young player to be visible on tennis radar. But in same time she obviously not waste her time and seems that she is already prepared for "next step". For direct 25K and 50K access she needs to be ranked TOP300-TOP250, and only this week she already improve at least 100 places with nice chances to improve more if in next couple hours she beat Lu from China. Chinese is #225 in rankings but I dont think that she is much better than Alex previous opponent and thanks to so express wins here she is less tired than anybody expect from some very young girl after 5 back-to-back matches (Alex won 10 straight sets including FOUR BAGELS ).

AMAZING BELGRADE MIRACLE: In just three years (2008-2011) 5 different players born in same city reach world #1 in rankings and several GS titles and finals (WTA singles: Ana Ivanovic and Jelena Jankovic, ATP singles: Novak Djokovic, ATP doubles: Nenad Zimonjic and Daniel Nestor... with notable performances of Bojana Jovanovski, Janko Tipsarevic and Viktor Troicki which is also all three born in Belgrade)
Old Jan 8th, 2010, 11:03 AM   #110
country flag Just Do It

Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute

She is in the SF.
vs Bojana now
Just Do It is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8th, 2010, 12:14 PM   #111
country flag Cp6uja

12th set in the row
What a spectacular way to debut on "bigger stage" and to start new season
I was surprised yesterday when she beat in straight sets that British girl with 15+ ITF-tour winning strike, so this "routine" win against nearly TOP200 opponent now is not anymore surprise.

SF opponent is compatriot and FED-CUP teammate Bojana Jovanovski, which is already right now TOP100 player by quality and results in last 5 months... so Alex should just go on court and without any pressure to show once again her best tennis. Her biggest advantage will be motivation (for Bojanovski whole this event is just preparation for next week AO Qual. when she has really good chances to reach careers 1st GS Main Draw).

I think she is scheduled to play another challenger in China next week, but of course no way that she will play quallies this week, so i think she will back to Europe and not be able to more explore this good shape in next about month , but at least FED-CUP week Serbia vs Russia will be nice opportunity for Alex to improve watching and training with big WTA stars Ana Ivanovic and her new "mentor" Jelena Jankovic.

Old Jan 8th, 2010, 03:37 PM   #112
country flag daniela86

daniela86 has a reputation beyond repute daniela86 has a reputation beyond repute daniela86 has a reputation beyond repute daniela86 has a reputation beyond repute daniela86 has a reputation beyond repute daniela86 has a reputation beyond repute daniela86 has a reputation beyond repute daniela86 has a reputation beyond repute daniela86 has a reputation beyond repute daniela86 has a reputation beyond repute daniela86 has a reputation beyond repute

Awesome tournament I'm so shocked by these results I expect her to put a great fight against Bojana.
Bencic~~Voegele~~Jankovic~~Zvonareva~~Karolina and Krystina Pliskova ~~Giorgi
daniela86 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8th, 2010, 04:43 PM   #113
country flag Slutiana

Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cp6uja View Post
12th set in the row
What a spectacular way to debut on "bigger stage" and to start new season
I was surprised yesterday when she beat in straight sets that British girl with 15+ ITF-tour winning strike, so this "routine" win against nearly TOP200 opponent now is not anymore surprise.

SF opponent is compatriot and FED-CUP teammate Bojana Jovanovski, which is already right now TOP100 player by quality and results in last 5 months... so Alex should just go on court and without any pressure to show once again her best tennis. Her biggest advantage will be motivation (for Bojanovski whole this event is just preparation for next week AO Qual. when she has really good chances to reach careers 1st GS Main Draw).

I think she is scheduled to play another challenger in China next week, but of course no way that she will play quallies this week, so i think she will back to Europe and not be able to more explore this good shape in next about month , but at least FED-CUP week Serbia vs Russia will be nice opportunity for Alex to improve watching and training with big WTA stars Ana Ivanovic and her new "mentor" Jelena Jankovic.
She's in the SF so she should get a SE into the next event if she can't play qualies.

Go Alex Take out BoJo now. I hope Tamara makes a move soon too, I want them moving up at the same time.
Slutiana is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8th, 2010, 04:44 PM   #114
country flag Slutiana

Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute

Fed Cup will be great! Hopefully.

Jelena Jankovic
Ana Ivanovic
Bojana Jovanovski
Aleksandra Krunic
Tamara Curovic (5th player)

Old Jan 8th, 2010, 07:45 PM   #115
country flag oleada

oleada has a brilliant future oleada has a brilliant future oleada has a brilliant future oleada has a brilliant future oleada has a brilliant future oleada has a brilliant future oleada has a brilliant future oleada has a brilliant future oleada has a brilliant future oleada has a brilliant future oleada has a brilliant future

Is Aleks playing the Junior AO?
Old Jan 8th, 2010, 09:43 PM   #116
country flag AJDE ANA

AJDE ANA is just really nice AJDE ANA is just really nice AJDE ANA is just really nice AJDE ANA is just really nice AJDE ANA is just really nice AJDE ANA is just really nice AJDE ANA is just really nice AJDE ANA is just really nice AJDE ANA is just really nice AJDE ANA is just really nice AJDE ANA is just really nice

Nooooo...
She has already done enough at this tournament, but i believe you can beat Bojana tonight... So go on, show your good tennis and make one more surprise GOODLUCK!!!
AJDE ANA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9th, 2010, 09:55 AM   #117
country flag Just Do It

Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute

Alex def. Bojana in 3rd set TB
Just Do It is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9th, 2010, 11:29 AM   #118
country flag ce

ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute

6/7 6/3 7/6
Old Jan 9th, 2010, 01:44 PM   #119
country flag Slutiana

Coming of age. I really hope she plays Junior Wimbledon just for the sake of it. (TBH, if she continues like this she could even be in the qualies)
Old Jan 9th, 2010, 03:52 PM   #120
country flag AJDE ANA

AJDE ANA is just really nice AJDE ANA is just really nice AJDE ANA is just really nice AJDE ANA is just really nice AJDE ANA is just really nice AJDE ANA is just really nice AJDE ANA is just really nice AJDE ANA is just really nice AJDE ANA is just really nice AJDE ANA is just really nice AJDE ANA is just really nice

Congratulatioooon! omg i cant believe that she really beat Bojana! way to good girl. c'mon in the final!
AJDE ANA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote