Tournaments 2009~2010 - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 29th, 2009, 12:42 AM   #16
country flag fantic

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Costa Mesa Intercollegiate Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by gouci View Post
Maybe it's the way you're dressed? If you go to a wealthy tennis club to watch a tournament you should be dressed in tennis attire. If you're dressed in regular jeans you'll stick out and may have people wondering who is that guy and what is he doing loitering around here. Maybe you should purchase a tennis warmup jacket and pants. If you go to a college match wear a cap or sweater of the team you support. If you're dressed appropriately people will know you're there for the tennis and probably will leave you alone.
thanks for the advice. Well in my case it had nothing to do with 'wealth', I've been to Riviera and West-End and such, but had no problem there. Maybe my sporting a dark? retro-looking(80s! it was the cheapest, so -.-) sunglass and a dark parka-'sinister' effect- might be the reason..though I don't think so, maybe being at all places everytime has an unsettling effect, like 'who's that strange guy who keeps popping up at EVERY tourney?

And I do have visors(NCAA, USC, CAL-it looked cool, really!..) and always wear them
"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
Nil admirari (never enthuse over things).
- Horace, Epistles
fantic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 29th, 2009, 12:58 AM   #17
country flag gouci

gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all

Fantic did you get a chance to watch the Smith vs Radeva/Jogasuria match? If so what do you have to report? Tennisace and I would appreciate it.
gouci is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29th, 2009, 01:03 AM   #18
country flag fantic

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute

came back after eating Pan fried noodle.

Jogasuria vs Radeva

Radeva wasn't that bad. Just that J was GOOD. She also had a sharp drive like Bursulaya but unlike her, she was consistent.
R really seems like Fink to me, at least her play-style is..and she does a forehand volley like Christian(I can't explain properly -.-), slices aren't
bad..

Zamudio vs Aboubakare

It was a good match. Both were good, A was a wee bit more powerful and she could nail a drive to the sideline near the net, but the difference was relatively negligible.

Now these J sisters..doubles, singles, they're pretty good..and Harutyunyan did pretty well at WAATC..this Akron team is a good team.

I suspect that the difference between LBS and UCI was depth last year, in that case Bisharat and Smith is only a plus. Smith is a smooth player (is this a right expression -.-), technically quite sound and has promise. Smith sisters are all good.

I didn't watch the semi too long 'cause the view was limited, I think J was ahead of Smith.

And the game between Toth (SJJC) and Hejazi (UCSB? he sported Cal shirt) was very interesting.
They both were good, but I was more impressed with Toth. He could do everything, quite nimble and his touch was great. (it was on court 9,
in case I got the names wrong)

Won't go tomorrow, so that's it.
"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
- Horace, Epistles
Old Dec 29th, 2009, 01:39 AM   #19
country flag fantic

Quote:
Fantic did you get a chance to watch the Smith vs Radeva/Jogasuria match? If so what do you have to report? Tennisace and I would appreciate it.
didn't see much but J was winning, and she was a better player. J is a bit more powerful, I guess.

the court #5 had a pretty limited view, and that view was obscured by many peoples watching..so I just
gave up, sorry.
- Woodrow Wilson
- Horace, Epistles

Last edited by fantic : Dec 29th, 2009 at 04:53 AM.
Old Dec 29th, 2009, 08:55 AM   #20
country flag gouci

gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all

Quarter Finals

Aboubakare (Brown) def. Zamudio (UC Davis) 4-6,6-2,6-1

Angelina Jogasuria (Akron) def. Lee (Cal Poly) 6-4,6-2

Angelika Jogasuria (Akron) def. Radeva (Cal) 6-3,6-3

Finals

Angelina Jogasuria vs Angelika Jogasuria

The twins will battle each other.

Akron has Zaruhi Harutyunyan at #1, she did well at the Riviera, who will be reinforced well by 3 freshman. The Jogasuria twins from Indonesia plus Prang Pantusart of Thailand who had an ITF ranking high of #173.

Akron's #2 & #4 singles from last year in addition are also returning. This should make Akron the favorites to win the Mid-American over Western Michigan and Miami-Ohio, who got #1 singles Monica Gorny poached by Duke and lost their head coach to Maryland.

Last edited by gouci : Dec 29th, 2009 at 09:04 AM.
Old Dec 29th, 2009, 10:34 AM   #21
country flag fantic

Quote:
Quarter Finals

Aboubakare (Brown) def. Zamudio (UC Davis) 4-6,6-2,6-1

Angelina Jogasuria (Akron) def. Lee (Cal Poly) 6-4,6-2

Angelika Jogasuria (Akron) def. Radeva (Cal) 6-3,6-3

Finals

Angelina Jogasuria vs Angelika Jogasuria

The twins will battle each other.

Akron has Zaruhi Harutyunyan at #1, she did well at the Riviera, who will be reinforced well by 3 freshman. The Jogasuria twins from Indonesia plus Prang Pantusart of Thailand who had an ITF ranking high of #173.

Akron's #2 & #4 singles from last year in addition are also returning. This should make Akron the favorites to win the Mid-American over Western Michigan and Miami-Ohio, who got #1 singles Monica Gorny poached by Duke and lost their head coach to Maryland.
Watching them all yesterday I thought that Radeva might lose, but wasn't prepared for this one;

SF Angelina Jogasuria d. (1) Bianca Aboubakare 6-4; 6-1

maybe Aboubakare couldn't recover from the exertion of winning against Zamudio

Double J's are really good, they're technically quite sound, have nice drive (not that powerful, but pretty fast and accurate), and agile too..we'll hear more of them in the future, I guess.
By the way I wasn't that impressed with Gorny, she did win against Rachael White at WAATC..
- Woodrow Wilson
- Horace, Epistles
Old Dec 30th, 2009, 08:58 AM   #22
country flag fantic

Freeman Memorial(UNLV) & NCTC(PALM SPRINGS)
UNLV Freeman Memorial

UNLV BU USC UCLA STAN UF

NCTC

USC UCLA NU FSU STAN

this is what I've found, please correct if I'm mistaken.

NCTC is held at a 'bravable' distance
- Woodrow Wilson
- Horace, Epistles
Old Dec 30th, 2009, 05:10 PM   #23
country flag fantic

Re: Tournaments 2009~2010

indoors 2009
----

*the baking was rife at Indoors;

MD

Thongdach def. Constantinescu 4-6, 6-0, 6-3
Falconi def. Chifchieva 6-0, 7-6(3)
Thongdach def. Will 1-6, 6-3, 6-0
Falconi def. Bek 6-2, 6-0
Falconi def. Chan 6-0, 6-2
Dy def. Petukhova 1-6, 6-3, 6-0
Falconi def. Brooosova 6-1, 6-0

Consolation;

Vallverdu def. Constantinescu 6-4, 2-6, 6-0
Vallverdu def. Novakova 6-0, 6-3
Vallverdu def. Scharle 6-0, 6-0
Zsilinszka def. Mosolova 6-4, 6-0

*Interesting results;

Broosova def. Novakova 7-6(3), 2-6, 7-6(5)
Cossou def. Cao 7-5, 6-4
Chan def. Kent 6-2, 1-6, 6-4
Fahoum def. Cao 6-4, 1-6, 7-5
Kent def. Chifchieva 7-6(5), 6-4
Novakova def. Andersson 6-1, 6-1
Scharle def. Rhee 6-4, 6-3
- Woodrow Wilson
- Horace, Epistles
Old Dec 30th, 2009, 06:30 PM   #24
country flag gouci

Re: NCTC (Palm Springs)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantic View Post
NCTC is held at a 'bravable' distance
Palm Springs is about 2 hours away from Los Angeles 1 way and $25 in gas round trip.

If you're going to watch multiple days I suggest you look for an inexpensive motel around Palm Springs to stay at. Driving 4 hours roundtrip on back to back days is brutal. Instead of paying $50 in gas for the weekend pay $25 gas plus $50 motel and save yourself 4 hours of driving in the desert for an extra $25.
Old Dec 30th, 2009, 07:14 PM   #25
country flag fantic

Re: NCTC (Palm Springs)

Quote:
Palm Springs is about 2 hours away from Los Angeles 1 way and $25 in gas round trip.

If you're going to watch multiple days I suggest you look for an inexpensive motel around Palm Springs to stay at. Driving 4 hours roundtrip on back to back days is brutal. Instead of paying $50 in gas for the weekend pay $25 gas plus $50 motel and save yourself 4 hours of driving in the desert for an extra $25.
I'm actually thinking of sleeping in the car
- Woodrow Wilson
- Horace, Epistles

Last edited by fantic : Dec 31st, 2009 at 02:39 AM.
Old Dec 31st, 2009, 05:55 AM   #26
country flag buji

buji has a brilliant future buji has a brilliant future buji has a brilliant future buji has a brilliant future buji has a brilliant future buji has a brilliant future buji has a brilliant future buji has a brilliant future buji has a brilliant future buji has a brilliant future buji has a brilliant future
Re: Tournaments 2009~2010

Want to know whether Tara iyer is still hanging out there in Duke team or has she finished her college.

buji is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9th, 2010, 05:21 PM   #27
country flag fantic

59th Gene Jung Whittier Midwinter Jr Tournament

anuary 16-17; January 23-24, 2010
1. Smyth, Lacey
2. Guillermo, Lorraine
3. Xepoleas, Lynda
4. Cornea, Jennifer
5. McNall, Emily
6. Smith, Joanna
7. Johnson, Natalie
8. Parizher, Jessica
9. Blakeley, Julia
9. Brewer, Jordan
9. Cos, Paola
9. Dai, Ashley
9. Flores, Danielle
9. Harrow, Jessica
9. Jin, Miya
9. Najera-Salas, Elena
17. Austin, Shayne
17. Gealer, Sarah
17. Jacobs, Samantha
17. Jefferson, Jourdan
17. Lu, Jocelyn
17. Matsuoka, Melissa
17. Maystruk, Julia
17. McIntosh, Morgan
17. Onaga, Hazuki
17. Parravi, Tory
17. Scatliffe, April
17. Shimizu, Riko
17. Snyder, Analese
17. Tang, Dorothy
17. Tran, Desiree
17. White, Megan

1. Hibi, Mayo
2. Smith, Alyssa
3. Kostas, Lindsey
4. Bernard-Feigenbaum, Tess
5. Chiang, Yuki
6. Krems, Sivan
7. McCord, Jana
8. Watrous, Mazy
9. Cecil, Katherine
9. Heitzner, Kendall
9. Jones, Mayci
9. Miclat, Toby
9. Peri, Manon
9. Scott, Kyra
9. Stratman, Lauren
9. Ware, Savannah
17. Benotto Wood, Alyza
17. Chang, Leslie
17. Chau, Vivian
17. Eggleston, Jordan
17. Generette, Kiah
17. Lai, Krystal
17. Makarova, Christina

Since I started reading Coover's 'Public Burning' , city of Whittier is indelibly associated with
Richard Nixon

too bad I'm 'forbidden' to attend
what the hell, I'm attending NCTC at Palm Springs anyway.
Is somebody willing to watch and post on the games?
Hibi & Makarova matchup especially, would be
- Woodrow Wilson
- Horace, Epistles

Last edited by fantic : Jan 9th, 2010 at 05:30 PM.
Old Jan 9th, 2010, 05:28 PM   #28
country flag fantic

Re: 59th Gene Jung Whittier Midwinter Jr Tournament

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantic View Post
anuary 16-17; January 23-24, 2010
1. Smyth, Lacey
2. Guillermo, Lorraine
3. Xepoleas, Lynda
4. Cornea, Jennifer
5. McNall, Emily
6. Smith, Joanna
7. Johnson, Natalie
8. Parizher, Jessica
9. Blakeley, Julia
9. Brewer, Jordan
9. Cos, Paola
9. Dai, Ashley
9. Flores, Danielle
9. Harrow, Jessica
9. Jin, Miya
9. Najera-Salas, Elena
17. Austin, Shayne
17. Gealer, Sarah
17. Jacobs, Samantha
17. Jefferson, Jourdan
17. Lu, Jocelyn
17. Matsuoka, Melissa
17. Maystruk, Julia
17. McIntosh, Morgan
17. Onaga, Hazuki
17. Parravi, Tory
17. Scatliffe, April
17. Shimizu, Riko
17. Snyder, Analese
17. Tang, Dorothy
17. Tran, Desiree
17. White, Megan

1. Hibi, Mayo
2. Smith, Alyssa
3. Kostas, Lindsey
4. Bernard-Feigenbaum, Tess
5. Chiang, Yuki
6. Krems, Sivan
7. McCord, Jana
8. Watrous, Mazy
9. Cecil, Katherine
9. Heitzner, Kendall
9. Jones, Mayci
9. Miclat, Toby
9. Peri, Manon
9. Scott, Kyra
9. Stratman, Lauren
9. Ware, Savannah
17. Benotto Wood, Alyza
17. Chang, Leslie
17. Chau, Vivian
17. Eggleston, Jordan
17. Generette, Kiah
17. Lai, Krystal
17. Makarova, Christina

too bad I'm 'forbidden' to attend
what the hell, I'm attending NCTC at Palm Springs anyway.
Is somebody willing to watch and post on the games?
Hibi & Makarova matchup especially, would be
I would say that in G18 Smyth, Guillermo, Xepoleas are the obvious favorites to win.

In G16, Yuki Chiang (who defeated Makarova decisively at 107th Sectional final last June) won't have much problem winning, I guess, although Smith, Kostas, Hibi, Makarova could pose a problem
- Woodrow Wilson
- Horace, Epistles
Old Jan 9th, 2010, 05:44 PM   #29
country flag fantic

ANAHEIM TENNIS CENTER NTRP and OPEN CHAMPIONSHIPS

Seeded Players back to top
1. Rodriguez, Monica
2. Desilva, Krishana
3. Cruz, Jerusha
4. Lee, Marcia

A back to top
Agsalud, Lani- Torrance, CA
Akhmedova, Karina- South Pasadena, CA

B back to top
Bass, Brittany- Fountain Vly, CA

C back to top
Cecil, Katherine- Huntington Beach, CA
Cornea, Jennifer- Anaheim, CA
Cruz, Jerusha(3)- Pasadena, CA

D back to top
Desilva, Krishana(2)- Rosemead, CA

E back to top
Edell, Natalie- Westlake Village, CA

G back to top
Gatewood, Gabrielle- Visalia, CA

H back to top
Haack, Lyndsay- Riverside, CA

J back to top
Jimenez, Luz- Orange, CA

K back to top
Koehly, Nicole- Santa Ana, CA

L back to top
Lee, Marcia(4)- Venice, CA

M back to top
Mai, Tiffany- Westminster, CA
Massi, Amira- Los Angeles, CA

R back to top
Rodriguez, Monica(1)- Long Beach, CA

S back to top
Spencer, Kate- Sherman Oaks, CA

W back to top
Wiesener, Erin- Calabasas, CA

I'm going to watch Edell who is bound to NU & who was impressive at Pomona Summer Circuit (although she lost to Kinstler of USC), but if you gentlemen want info on other players, I'll be glad to provide, although after browsing 2009 NCAA posts I really feel that there is a big level gap between fans, such as 'gurus' like most of the bunch here and a novice like me, who can't even describe the techniques properly
- Woodrow Wilson
- Horace, Epistles
Old Jan 15th, 2010, 06:39 AM   #30
country flag fantic

Nctc

Okay, I have absolutely ZERO info about this tourney, Duke website uploaded men's draw, held at La Quinta Resort and Club, but I don't even know where the women's event is held at...
Stanford sites says Indian Wells, other sites says Palm Springs, and that's about it.
I would appreciate some info, guys..
- Woodrow Wilson
- Horace, Epistles