2008-09 verbals, high interest & transfers - Page 8 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Nov 26th, 2009, 04:59 PM   #106
country flag gouci

gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all
Re: Updates

11/26/09

- Nevada lost from the roster #3 singles, junior Alice Hall of France.
gouci is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 27th, 2009, 10:47 AM   #107
country flag gouci

gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all

11/27/09

- Purdue got junior Tatiana Ganzha of Russia. She transferred out of Boise St. where she played #3 singles. She sat out the 2007-08 season.

- Montana St. got sophomore 2 star Jennifer Coll. She transferred out of Boise St. where she was a walk-on.
Old Nov 28th, 2009, 07:10 AM   #108
country flag gouci

11/28/09

- Marshall got junior 4 star Deanna Bailey. She transferred out of Elon where she played #1 singles.

- Marshall got sophomore 4 star Catherine Kellner. She transferred out of Fordham where she played #2 singles.
Old Nov 30th, 2009, 04:50 AM   #109
country flag gouci

11/29/09

- Oklahoma St. got Iryna Khatsko of Ukraine. She had a WTA ranking high of #880.

- Oklahoma St. got Alisa Buslayeva of Ukraine. She had a WTA ranking high of #1370.
Old Dec 1st, 2009, 06:46 PM   #110
country flag gouci

12/1/09

- Missouri lost from the roster senior 3 star Raquel Wagner.
Old Dec 3rd, 2009, 07:19 PM   #111
country flag gouci

12/3/09

- Rice got sophomore Jessica Jackson of Great Britain. She had a WTA ranking high of #972.
Old Dec 7th, 2009, 12:28 AM   #112
country flag gouci

12/6/09

- SMU lost from the roster freshman Vanessa Johansson of Great Britain.

- SMU lost from the roster walk-on, freshman 4 star Alex O'Neal.

- SMU got junior Sophie Quist of Australia. She transferred out of Ball St. where she played #1 singles.

- SMU got junior, walk-on 3 star Casey Kennedy of Canada.
Old Dec 11th, 2009, 01:08 AM   #113
country flag gouci

12/10/09

- Columbia lost from the roster #3 singles, senior 4 star Sydney Murray.

- Columbia lost from the roster #5 singles, senior Lauren Shearer.

- Columbia lost from the roster #7 singles, sophomore 5 star Kendra Ivey.

- Columbia lost from the roster #8 singles, sophomore 4 star Michelle Yuan.

- Columbia got senior Marlena Hall.
Old Dec 13th, 2009, 07:58 AM   #114
country flag gouci

12/13/09

- Tulsa lost from the roster #7 singles, junior Jenna Webster of Great Britain. She had a WTA ranking high of #1411.
Old Dec 16th, 2009, 05:57 AM   #115
country flag gouci

12/15/09

- Iowa St. lost from the roster #8 singles, junior Dora Losonczy of Hungary.

- Iowa St. got walk-on 2 star Bolan Tarkoe.
Old Dec 19th, 2009, 12:27 PM   #116
country flag gouci

12/19/09

- North Carolina got walk-on 5 star Haley Hemm.

- North Carolina got walk-on 4 star Jocelyn Ffriend.
Old Dec 28th, 2009, 03:39 AM   #117
country flag gouci

12/27/09

- Harvard lost from the roster #5 singles, senior Catriona Stewart of Great Britain.

- Harvard lost from the roster junior Elizabeth Brook of Great Britain.

- Harvard lost from the roster sophomore 4 star Eunice Lee.

Last edited by gouci : Dec 28th, 2009 at 03:48 AM.
Old Dec 29th, 2009, 12:16 AM   #118
country flag gouci

Re: 2008-09 recruiting - verbals & high interest

Quote:
Originally Posted by form View Post

PROPOSED: Change tennis rule to require first enrollment within 6 months of high school graduation. So, if you grad in Spring 2010... you have to start no later than January 2011. You get one extra semester (to decide or clean up academic shortfalls). If you delay longer, you lose a year of eligibility and have to sit a year in residency.

This is designed to cut down the:

• the int'l kids (and a growing number of US kids) trying a year of pro tennis and then doubling back to college

or the

• "I didn't get the offer Top 20 offer I wanted so I'm gonna try the pro's while I wait for a better offer" gambit
This proposed rule will have a huge effect on the big fish of foreign recruits. I would say 90% of international players that have a WTA ranking inside the top 800 have taken a year off to try the pros.

Plus some of the most elite players, those with WTA rankings inside the top 500, are those that couldn't make the pros after 2 years and are doubling back to college tennis.

So if this proposed rule passes it will essentially eliminate the 21 year old freshman or 22 year old sophomore like Cal's Jana Juricova and Mari Andersson.
Old Dec 29th, 2009, 06:31 PM   #119
country flag 2nd_serve

2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all
Re: 2008-09 recruiting - verbals & high interest

Quote:
Originally Posted by form View Post
Agreed

What is likely to happen is a trickle down effect

In short term, there will be a big void of int'l kids but as they learn the rule that will adjust a bit

The eliminiation of the elite kids doubling back will ultimately bring the college game downward... less talent and lesser level.

Also, the big dogs (BCS) will still get the best available. So the best kids going to Pepp, LB and UCI will now get offers at the bigger dogs who need players. Yes, even the Hammell's will now get Pac or similar interest and forgo a UCI for the higher profiles.

So the college game will weaken and the gap between the elite and the mid majors will ultimately grow wider since the best available, though less talented than now, will still go to the highest profile offer.
But this is going to be great news for tennis pros. Parent of competitive high school players are going to be thinking its worth spending that extra five or ten thousand dollars on training and travel, because the chances of the money being paid back or opportunities increased in college is going to be moving up.
2nd_serve is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30th, 2009, 06:05 PM   #120
country flag gouci

12/30/09

- Cornell lost from the roster freshman 4 star Annabel Fowler.

- Cornell got junior Natalia Sanchez of Ecuador. She transferred out of North Florida where she played #1 singles.

- Cornell got walk-on, sophomore 3 star Leah Seyburn. She transferred out of Emory (Div. 3) where she played #4 singles.