Tournaments 2009~2010 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 26th, 2009, 09:58 PM   #1
country flag fantic

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute
Tournaments 2009~2010

not much rallies today.

Mainly watched court 1 & 2

Stock was okay, her backhand was good, dare I say a weapon?

And Tennisace, Visico did get '4' games But Modoc was clearly better, more powerful..

I dunno what position these players played last season; Manasse (LBS), Stock(Cal Poly), Gaitan (UCF), Aboubakare(Brown), Rodriguez(CSF)..help!

Anyway nearly every matches tomorrow are worth watching, so..I'll brave the gas expenses and traffic again, I guess..

Sorry there's not much info here, if you guys have any questions, fire away.
"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
Nil admirari (never enthuse over things).
- Horace, Epistles

Last edited by fantic : Dec 30th, 2009 at 09:04 AM.
fantic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 26th, 2009, 10:20 PM   #2
country flag form

form has disabled reputation
Re: Costa Mesa Intercollegiate Classic

Zamudio will play 1 at Davis this year

Manasse is LB's # 2

Aboubakare is Brown's # 1

Luzar is LB's # 5

Rodriguez is a frosh at Fullerton... will play top 1/2 but that's CSF

Stock is a student at Cal Poly... she is not on the team and never has been

Gaitan is the # 7 at USF

Nafaryette is # 4 at Hawaii

Radeva, Smith, Lee, Modoc (playing well above her jr level) and Edles all frosh... the first four could go a ways in this tourney

Whoever seeded this thing is a prankster or does no collegiate homework???? (Hank, put in an effort)

The top half is loaded and the bottom half is a joke.

Seeds should have been:

Aboubakare, Zamudio, Manasse and probably Radeva/Smith/Lee

Last edited by form : Dec 26th, 2009 at 10:25 PM.
form is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26th, 2009, 10:53 PM   #3
country flag gouci

gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all

Form actually Michelle Stock played #5 singles for Cal Poly Pomona (Div. 2).

Fantic if the draw plays out as expected and you return to watch Monday's matches I'd appreciate a report on Kristina Smith (UCI) vs Nelly Radeva (Cal).

As for Sunday you should watch and report on Manasse vs Lee.

I guess Costa Mesa is the last Hank Lloyd's left. The online Tennis Warehouse has put the other Hank Lloyd locations out of business.

Last edited by gouci : Dec 26th, 2009 at 10:58 PM.
gouci is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26th, 2009, 11:14 PM   #4
country flag form

My bad on Pomona

The fact Hank seeded the UCSD girl (# 89 tennisrecruit and a frosh at D2) ahead of all those previously listed... wow

Internet is great for trade but bad for employment
Old Dec 26th, 2009, 11:24 PM   #5
country flag fantic

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute

form, gouci, really appreciate the help. and yessir, I'll report on those 2 matches, gouci.
"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
- Horace, Epistles
Old Dec 27th, 2009, 03:52 AM   #6
country flag fantic

Just reviewed the SW R, and

Julie Luzar lost to Andrea Oates of Pepperdine 5-7, 3-6.

Now that Oates lost to Schnack, 5-7, 3-6. I know that Oates is good, she had a fair game against Andersson of Cal.
(I imagine Oates vs Hein. That match could be REALLY intersting. )

And Rachel Manasse, she lost to Remynse 4-6, 4-6. God, she must be good.

West lost to Harrow by 6-7, 2-6 at Summer Circuit Riviera

and...did Aboubakare lost to Rachel Fox? Granted she is a good doubles player, but..maybe she didn't play?

And Lee, she at that tourney advanced to the final, losing to Guillermo 3-6, 2-6.

So, Lee vs Manasse should be REALLY interesting.

But I also want to watch other players..
- Woodrow Wilson
- Horace, Epistles
Old Dec 27th, 2009, 04:03 AM   #7
country flag fantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by form View Post
My bad on Pomona

The fact Hank seeded the UCSD girl (# 89 tennisrecruit and a frosh at D2) ahead of all those previously listed... wow

Internet is great for trade but bad for employment
actually I've seen Bursulaya at West End tourney and she wasn't that bad..

She defeated Kenadi Hance (ok, Hance IS young, 7th grader, but still she's top ranker in the nation #6, so. she's ahead of Profit, and Profit defeated Stratman recently),
and lost to Vandeweghe 2-6, 1-6

actually I wasn't that impressed with Radeva today, so who knows, B could have a nice game against R. (although Radeva SHOULD win the match)
- Woodrow Wilson
- Horace, Epistles

Last edited by fantic : Dec 27th, 2009 at 04:09 AM.
Old Dec 27th, 2009, 04:31 AM   #8
Tennisace

Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold

What kind of game does Radeva play? Strengths? Weaknesses? I have never seen her play in person although I know she used to be coached by Lansdorp.

Last edited by Tennisace : Dec 27th, 2009 at 03:28 PM.
Tennisace is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27th, 2009, 05:37 AM   #9
country flag fantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
What kind of game does Radeva play? Strengths? Weaknesses? I have never seen her play in person although I know she used to be coached by Landsdorp.
eh, sorry, I didn't watch too long 'cause there was no rally, Radeva didn't particularly seem like a power player to me, control was a bit of a problem I 'think'. Let's just say I am 'relieved' if she plays #5 or 6 against
USC

BUT, since next match against Bursulaya 'might' be interesting, I'll concentrate more. I do hope that this match AND the Manasse vs Lee play side by side..
- Woodrow Wilson
- Horace, Epistles
Old Dec 27th, 2009, 10:25 PM   #10
country flag fantic

ok, just came back

Lee vs Manasse; M was the better player, difference was power, I guess. M is quite an aggressive attacker, and her power drive is the best of the participants. I actually thought M would win all the way, her shots aren't just powerful but also accurate. So I went to see other matches. Later I found out that M got injured and had to default.

Aboubakare ; Modoc, Luzar; Zamudio were kinda similar. There was a lot of rallies, but I guess A & Z were more consistent. committing less errors.

Radeva ; Bursulaya

it took 1 & a half hours, the longest. I like B. Her drive is quite sharp, she definitely made more winners than R. (Back-hand slice wasn't bad either but her defensive slices were too high..)
But I guess R was more consistent. B made too much errors.
I think R tried to send the balls to B's backhand side..
R's service is ok, she's not an agile player..just can keep the ball in play, can't find any particular strengths.. kind of..like a minor version of Fink or Sanchez? Didn't see much slices or drop shots...that's about it
- Woodrow Wilson
- Horace, Epistles
Old Dec 28th, 2009, 03:09 AM   #11
country flag fantic

eh...I have to ask this, I'm so ignorant..
Is there any player in Cal. colleges that favors top-spin? I think I can tell, but still am not sure, so...

by the way, I also saw this match;

Jogasuria/Jogasuria d. Holladay/Smith

It was interesting 'cause the latter tried a lot of net-approach, like the Lady Vols team.
The skill wasn't there yet, but it could get better, so..
- Woodrow Wilson
- Horace, Epistles
Old Dec 28th, 2009, 04:08 PM   #12
country flag fantic

I do feel uncomfortable watching tourneys outside the college campus..like I'm the only fan and an aberration.. (some called it 'freak')
some time ago I asked an info about championship to former Stanford star player, and she replied that she didn't know there were any fans
maybe we're a rare breed, dunno how many are out there..
- Woodrow Wilson
- Horace, Epistles
Old Dec 28th, 2009, 07:11 PM   #13
country flag gouci

gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantic View Post
I do feel uncomfortable watching tourneys outside the college campus..like I'm the only fan and an aberration.. (some called it 'freak')
Maybe it's the way you're dressed? If you go to a wealthy tennis club to watch a tournament you should be dressed in tennis attire. If you're dressed in regular jeans you'll stick out and may have people wondering who is that guy and what is he doing loitering around here. Maybe you should purchase a tennis warmup jacket and pants. If you go to a college match wear a cap or sweater of the team you support. If you're dressed appropriately people will know you're there for the tennis and probably will leave you alone.
Old Dec 28th, 2009, 09:31 PM   #14
country flag gouci

Here are some scores.

2nd round

B. Aboubakare (Brown) def. Modoc (Fresno St.) 6-0,6-0

Zamudio (UC Davis) def. Luzar (Long Beach St.) 6-2,6-2

Angelina Jogasuria (Akron) def. Nafarrete (Hawaii) 6-1,6-0

Lee (Cal Poly) def. Manasse (Long Beach St.) 3-2 injured

Smith (UC Irvine) def. Edles (UC Davis) 6-1,6-2

Angelika Jogasuria (Akron) def. West (Utah St.) 6-2,6-3

Radeva (Cal) def. Bursulaya (UC San Diego) 6-3,6-4

Quarter Finals

Smith (UC Irvine) def. Rodriguez (CS Fullerton) 6-1,6-2

Singles draw
Old Dec 28th, 2009, 11:35 PM   #15
country flag form

Manasse was up 3-2 when def due to arm injury... shame but I guess better now than April/May

Zamudio win if her first ever over Luzar... mindboggling what is happening there ... congrats to the improving Davis girl