2011-2012 recruiting - "speculation only" - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 22nd, 2009, 07:14 AM   #1
country flag gouci

gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all
2011-2012 recruiting - "speculation only"

Lynda Xepoleas - blue chip

Rumor has it Lynda Xepoleas took an unofficial visit to Purdue.
gouci is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 24th, 2009, 08:03 PM   #2
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2011-2012 recruiting - "speculation only"

gouci, do you know anything about Monica Turewicz. I have to confess that I have a certain fondness for her since she was the first junior player I watched at Ojai, against Megan Heneghan.. At TR she listed so many schools it's not really helpful at all

And dunno why Xepoleas visited Purdue, I want to 'watch' her, she should be a good enough recruit for any Pac-10 teams..

"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson

Last edited by fantic : Jun 9th, 2011 at 06:17 PM.
fantic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24th, 2009, 11:08 PM   #3
country flag gouci

gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all

I usually don't hold back on revealing what I know. Why because if you wait too long the info may become public and you can't take credit for it.

Ex. When I made the post about Xepoleas 2 days ago you looked at her TRN profile and didn't see any schools listed and asked if I was sure about Purdue. Today on her profile Purdue is now listed. So if I had waited just 2 more days to post, that info would have been made public and I couldn't take credit for it. You have to call it before it goes public to claim credit for breaking the news.
gouci is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 25th, 2009, 12:45 AM   #4
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gouci View Post
I usually don't hold back on revealing what I know. Why because if you wait too long the info may become public and you can't take credit for it.

Ex. When I made the post about Xepoleas 2 days ago you looked at her TRN profile and didn't see any schools listed and asked if I was sure about Purdue. Today on her profile Purdue is now listed. So if I had waited just 2 more days to post, that info would have been made public and I couldn't take credit for it. You have to call it before it goes public to claim credit for breaking the news.

if she goes to Purdue..boy, Big 10 really could be competitive.. Although I won't see much of her

"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
Old Dec 25th, 2009, 01:12 AM   #5
Tennisace

Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold

I'm hoping that Turewicz goes to Cal. She has the Weil connection which has been known as a pipeline to at least the Cal men's team. I also think it helped us recruit Radeva.

At a minimum she will take a visit to Cal, and then its up to the team to wow her (Marino also from Weil took a visit before deciding on Tech)
Tennisace is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 25th, 2009, 01:30 AM   #6
Tennisace

Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold

We can break down the probability of Turewicz's high interest choices, assuming no transfers and removal of scholarships from current scholarship players.

1. California = 1 spot open
2. Duke = Maybe 1 spot open, I don't know if Plotkin is taking a redshirt year. If she is then there will be no spots open.
3. Harvard = "Unlimited"
4. Northwestern = 2 spots open
5. Notre Dame =1 spot open
6. Princeton = "Unlimited"
7. Stanford = No spots open
8. UCLA = No spots open
9. USC = 1 spot open
10. Yale = "Unlimited"

The Ivies are unlimited because they don't offer tennis scholarships.

Last edited by Tennisace : Dec 25th, 2009 at 05:46 AM.
Old Dec 25th, 2009, 01:47 AM   #7
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
I'm hoping that Turewicz goes to Cal. She has the Weil connection which has been known as a pipeline to at least the Cal men's team. I also think it helped us recruit Radeva.

At a minimum she will take a visit to Cal, and then its up to the team to wow her (Marino also from Weil took a visit before deciding on Tech)
You're right, I also researched recently and found out that 'Weil Connection' Too bad Xepoleas, also from Weil, seems to go to Purdue. Since De Simone and Santamaria is heading to USC, Cal really seems to have a chance. It wouldn't be a bad choice, either.

- Woodrow Wilson
Old Dec 25th, 2009, 01:51 AM   #8
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

Quote:
We can break down the probability of Turewicz's high interest choices, assuming no transfers and removal of scholarships from current scholarship players.

1. California = 1 spot open
2. Duke = Maybe 1 spot open, I don't know if Plotkin is taking a redshirt year. If she is then there will be no spots open.
3. Harvard = "Unlimited"
4. Northwestern = 2 spots open
5. Notre Dame =1 spot open
7. Stanford = No spots open
8. UCLA = No spots open
9. USC = 1 spot open
10. Yale = "No spots open"

The Ivies are unlimited because they don't offer tennis scholarships.
great analysis! Yeah it makes sense all the more for Turewicz to go to Cal, maybe less competition than USC, she can play at the higher position, I guess (although she IS the current California ranking #1 Junior )

- Woodrow Wilson
Old Dec 25th, 2009, 02:02 AM   #9
Tennisace

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantic View Post
great analysis! Yeah it makes sense all the more for Turewicz to go to Cal, maybe less competition than USC, she can play at the higher position, I guess (although she IS the current California ranking #1 Junior )
Oh wait I just realized I did this wrong. I based it off of the senior class, but she's a junior. I'll re-do it in a few.
Old Dec 25th, 2009, 02:06 AM   #10
Tennisace

Scholarship spots open at Turewicz's high interest schools:

1. California = 2 spots open
2. Duke = 2 sports open
3. Harvard = "Unlimited"
4. Northwestern = 1 spot open
5. Notre Dame =1-2 spots open
7. Stanford = 2-3 spots open
8. UCLA = 3 spots open
9. USC = 2 spots open (2 already taken)
10. Yale = "Unlimited"

The only one that didn't change was USC since they have already recruited 3 players for next next year.

Last edited by Tennisace : Dec 25th, 2009 at 05:46 AM.
Old Dec 25th, 2009, 02:10 AM   #11
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

Quote:
Scholarship spots open at Turewicz's high interest schools:

1. California = 2 spots open
2. Duke = 2 sports open
3. Harvard = "Unlimited"
4. Northwestern = 1 spot open
5. Notre Dame =1-2 spots open
7. Stanford = 2-3 spots open
8. UCLA = 3 spots open
9. USC = 1 spot open (3 already taken)
10. Yale = "No spots open"

The only one that didn't change was USC since they have already recruited 3 players for next next year.
WHAT WHAT WHAT? 3, NOT 2? WHO WHO??!!! You MUST tell me (I know De Simone and Santamaria)

- Woodrow Wilson
Old Dec 25th, 2009, 02:14 AM   #12
Tennisace

Quote:
WHAT WHAT WHAT? 3, NOT 2? WHO WHO??!!! You MUST tell me (I know De Simone and Santamaria)
Oooops my bad again. It's 2...USC always has a nasty habit of recruiting early which tends to make it confusing although its probably a really smart strategy because they can start focusing on players a lot earlier than other schools.
Old Dec 25th, 2009, 02:20 AM   #13
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

WHAT!!! I can forgive your first mistake but not this one! Now I wish Turewicz to come to USC!!

- Woodrow Wilson
Old Dec 25th, 2009, 02:46 AM   #14
Tennisace

Quote:
WHAT!!! I can forgive your first mistake but not this one! Now I wish Turewicz to come to USC!!
Turewicz is interesting because she is originally from the Illinois (Northwestern, Notre Dame), trained at Weil (UCLA, USC), and I believe is based in Saratoga now (Stanford, Cal). So she has a lot of connections to different schools, but could go to a completely different school.
Old Dec 25th, 2009, 03:02 AM   #15
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

Quote:
Turewicz is interesting because she is originally from the Illinois (Northwestern, Notre Dame), trained at Weil (UCLA, USC), and I believe is based in Saratoga now (Stanford, Cal). So she has a lot of connections to different schools, but could go to a completely different school.
Huh, I didn't know she's at Northern California right now. Well, just so that she stays in California

Incidentally I want to brag like gouci

it's about the current 3 recruits of USC, KC,SS and De Simone.

I first attended the junior matches at Ojai, but the main event was PAC-10. (There I saw Turewicz, Heneghan, Dai, Ware..)
After NCAA I attended 107th So. Cal Sectional, purely a junior event.
And there I saw those 3 in action, and I was much impressed by them.
AND, I thought USC could recruit them.
AND, later, my wish have become true
I was so happy that I had to tell KC about it at WAATC.
(USC coaches were present in nearly all major tourneys this summer, I know 'cause I was there too )
Just imagine 2 years from now;

Ramos, Lao, Pulido, Christian, De Simone, Santamaria.

doubles
Christian/Santamaria
Ramos/Lao
Pulido/De Simone

fantastic!!

- Woodrow Wilson

Last edited by fantic : Dec 25th, 2009 at 03:11 AM.