Vero Cepede Royg - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Nov 24th, 2009, 10:32 PM   #31
country flag Hayato

Hayato has a reputation beyond repute Hayato has a reputation beyond repute Hayato has a reputation beyond repute Hayato has a reputation beyond repute Hayato has a reputation beyond repute Hayato has a reputation beyond repute Hayato has a reputation beyond repute Hayato has a reputation beyond repute Hayato has a reputation beyond repute Hayato has a reputation beyond repute Hayato has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Verónica Cepede Royg - Paraguayan Prospect

She ended up playing $10K Lima this week too

She won today 6-3 6-1 She has a good draw and is seeded for the first time, #7. She should at least make the Semifinals! Sigue asi Vero!
Hayato is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 27th, 2009, 09:35 PM   #32
country flag Hayato

Hayato has a reputation beyond repute Hayato has a reputation beyond repute Hayato has a reputation beyond repute Hayato has a reputation beyond repute Hayato has a reputation beyond repute Hayato has a reputation beyond repute Hayato has a reputation beyond repute Hayato has a reputation beyond repute Hayato has a reputation beyond repute Hayato has a reputation beyond repute Hayato has a reputation beyond repute

Second Round: (7)Veronica Cepede def. Flavia Borges 6-0 6-4
Quarterfinals: (7)Veronica Cepede Royg def. (4)Ingrid Vargas Calvo 6-1 6-4

A very good triplet of victories!
Next is Koch again...the top seed...hopefully Veronica can figure out to beat her this time. I'm guessing Andrea will be pretty tired from last week and she's also in the doubles final this week. Veronica lost her doubles Semifinal with Icha Robbiani despite winning the first set with a bagel

Keep going Vero!!!!!!!
Old Nov 27th, 2009, 09:49 PM   #33
country flag CrossCourt~Rally

CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute

Nice going Vero ! GL in the Semis!
CrossCourt~Rally is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28th, 2009, 10:40 PM   #34
country flag Hayato

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrossCourt~Rally View Post
Nice going Vero ! GL in the Semis!
She won! 7-6(2) 6-2

Now plays #2 seed Carla Lucero in the final. Win title #3, Vero!!
Old Nov 29th, 2009, 12:50 AM   #35

CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ophira View Post
She won! 7-6(2) 6-2

Now plays #2 seed Carla Lucero in the final. Win title #3, Vero!!
She's on a roll! GL to her in the Final

Btw, Rossana and Vero have 2 titles each this season. I wonder what the ITF title record is for Paraguayan girls ( combined ) during a season. They have a total of 4 now and it could climb to 5, 6 or more by year end
Old Nov 29th, 2009, 11:00 PM   #36
country flag Hayato

Quote:
She's on a roll! GL to her in the Final

Btw, Rossana and Vero have 2 titles each this season. I wonder what the ITF title record is for Paraguayan girls ( combined ) during a season. They have a total of 4 now and it could climb to 5, 6 or more by year end
I think you're right...2009 has been a terrific year for Paraguayan tennis! I'm sure 4 is the record Rossana hasn't won more than 3 titles in a year, has she? Next year Paraguay at home will be a fierce competitor in Fed Cup!

Unfortunately though, Veronica lost today's final, 5-7 6-3 7-5
Still, she has two more $10Ks left to play in Chile, the first of which begins in a few days and Vero will be the #3 seed. Great tournament Vero!!
Old Nov 30th, 2009, 07:51 PM   #37

Nice try Vero! Atleast she fought very hard till the end . Hopefully she can take home one of the titles in Chile
Old Dec 2nd, 2009, 11:10 AM   #38
country flag Hayato

Quote:
Nice try Vero! Atleast she fought very hard till the end . Hopefully she can take home one of the titles in Chile
She certainly has a great chace this week in La Serena! The only major threats are Koch-Benvenuto and Demichelli, both of which she beat in straight sets last week.

She won today 6-3 7-6 over a Peruvian wildcard. I guess she was probably a little tired, only a day or two to rest in between the final in Lima and here. She also won the doubles with Brito over the #2 seeds today. She should at least make the Semifinals and I think that would put her ranking around #560!

Keep going Vero!!
Old Dec 3rd, 2009, 11:25 PM   #39
country flag Hayato

$10K La Serena

Quarterfinals: Veronica Cepede Royg(3) def. Mariana Demichelli Vergara(5) 6-2 6-1

Ruthless. She's also in the doubles final with Fernanda Brito.

Her win/loss record this year is 22-5. And two of those losses she nearly won, one was against Dubois in Fed Cup. It's really been a great transitional year for Veronica, she has improved out of sight even just since August. It will be interesting to see how she goes next year making a larger dent on the tour, whether she can find the same success on hardcourts and at a higher level. Of course, she is taking one thing at a time and couldn't really be doing much better than she is right now.

Her ranking is now #659 and could be as high as #622 if she wins the title this week.

She'll play #2 seed Gabriella Barbosa-Costa Silva in the Semifinals. I would say it should be another straight sets victory for Veronica but you never know. Keep it up!!!!
Old Dec 4th, 2009, 12:37 AM   #40

Vero

It's pretty cool to follow players from the infant stages of their careers. It was so hard to do this in the 90s with my faves( like RoRo ) because the internet either wasn't around or these types of websites didn't exist .
Old Dec 4th, 2009, 09:52 PM   #41

Lightbulb Re: Verónica Cepede Royg - Paraguayan Prospect

SF: Veronica CEPEDE ROYG (PAR) (3) defeated Gabriella BARBOSA-COSTA SILVA (BRA) (2) 6-2 6-2

Good luck in the final, Vero!
Old Dec 4th, 2009, 10:00 PM   #42

Doubles Final

Brito/Cepede Royg (CHI/PAR) def. Koch-Benvenuto/Minieri (CHI/CHI)(1) 4-6 6-0 10/6

Congrats to Vero on her first ever pro doubles title!
Old Dec 4th, 2009, 10:27 PM   #43
country flag Hayato

It was such a great day for her!!!! 6-2 6-1, 6-2 6-1, 6-2 6-2...very very strong last few wins. Congratulations on her first WTA pro title!!! Thanks for posting Heath

I'm so excited...this is awesome Good luck in the final tomorrow Vero!!!!!!!
Old Dec 5th, 2009, 09:22 PM   #44
country flag Hayato

She won the final! 6-1 6-4!

$10K La Serena, Chile

Final: Veronica Cepede Royg(3) def. Barbara Rush(6) 6-1 6-4
Semifinals: Veronica Cepede Royg(3) def. Gabriella Barbosa-Costa Silva(2) 6-2 6-2
Quarterfinals: Veronica Cepede Royg(3) def. Mariana Demichelli Vergara(5) 6-2 6-1
Second Round: Veronica Cepede Royg(3) def. Michelle Paz Coccio Nieto(Q) 6-2 6-1
First Round: Veronica Cepede Royg(3) def. Patricia Iveth Ku Flores(WC) 6-3 7-6(3)

She was flawless again. Such a great week, including the doubles title Felicidades
Well done Veronica!!!! Good luck in Santiago, last tournament of the year!
Old Dec 5th, 2009, 09:29 PM   #45
country flag Slutiana

Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute

She cute.