What is the best forehand grip? Can anyone help? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 29th, 2009, 12:34 AM   #1
country flag dabossK

dabossK is a name known to all dabossK is a name known to all dabossK is a name known to all dabossK is a name known to all dabossK is a name known to all dabossK is a name known to all dabossK is a name known to all dabossK is a name known to all dabossK is a name known to all dabossK is a name known to all dabossK is a name known to all
What is the best forehand grip? Can anyone help?

I am searching for the best grip to use on my forehand (that i struggle with, I have a great backhand). I am a flat hitter (use Pro Drive GT) and i am currently experimenting in between Continental and Eastern. I use eastern but I would like you to learn continental. I'm so confused. Can anyone please help me? Thank you.
dabossK is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 29th, 2009, 12:45 AM   #2
country flag Mightymirza

Mightymirza has a reputation beyond repute Mightymirza has a reputation beyond repute Mightymirza has a reputation beyond repute Mightymirza has a reputation beyond repute Mightymirza has a reputation beyond repute Mightymirza has a reputation beyond repute Mightymirza has a reputation beyond repute Mightymirza has a reputation beyond repute Mightymirza has a reputation beyond repute Mightymirza has a reputation beyond repute Mightymirza has a reputation beyond repute
Re: What is the best forehand grip? Can anyone help?

I find Semi-western to be the most versatile You can flatten the shots out as well as hit with topspin..

Martina Hingis Ana Ivanovic Myskina Safarova

When I have my goals set, I always attain them- Justine
Mightymirza is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29th, 2009, 12:52 AM   #3
country flag Cakeisgood

Cakeisgood has a reputation beyond repute Cakeisgood has a reputation beyond repute Cakeisgood has a reputation beyond repute Cakeisgood has a reputation beyond repute Cakeisgood has a reputation beyond repute Cakeisgood has a reputation beyond repute Cakeisgood has a reputation beyond repute Cakeisgood has a reputation beyond repute Cakeisgood has a reputation beyond repute Cakeisgood has a reputation beyond repute Cakeisgood has a reputation beyond repute

DO not use Continental. BAD idea.

Eastern is alright, but I can guarantee that 99% of people will say Semi-Western which I agree with.

In love with Martha.
Cakeisgood is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29th, 2009, 12:54 AM   #4
country flag Mightymirza

Mightymirza has a reputation beyond repute Mightymirza has a reputation beyond repute Mightymirza has a reputation beyond repute Mightymirza has a reputation beyond repute Mightymirza has a reputation beyond repute Mightymirza has a reputation beyond repute Mightymirza has a reputation beyond repute Mightymirza has a reputation beyond repute Mightymirza has a reputation beyond repute Mightymirza has a reputation beyond repute Mightymirza has a reputation beyond repute

yeah continental is bad idea.. Eastern is good. Much better than continental. Why do you wanna change it?

Martina Hingis Ana Ivanovic Myskina Safarova

When I have my goals set, I always attain them- Justine
Mightymirza is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29th, 2009, 12:54 AM   #5
country flag dabossK

dabossK is a name known to all dabossK is a name known to all dabossK is a name known to all dabossK is a name known to all dabossK is a name known to all dabossK is a name known to all dabossK is a name known to all dabossK is a name known to all dabossK is a name known to all dabossK is a name known to all dabossK is a name known to all

Can you explain what is wrong with Continential and what is good about Semi-Western please??
Old Oct 29th, 2009, 02:38 AM   #6
country flag quentinak

quentinak is a glorious beacon of light quentinak is a glorious beacon of light quentinak is a glorious beacon of light quentinak is a glorious beacon of light quentinak is a glorious beacon of light quentinak is a glorious beacon of light quentinak is a glorious beacon of light quentinak is a glorious beacon of light quentinak is a glorious beacon of light quentinak is a glorious beacon of light quentinak is a glorious beacon of light

If you feel comfortable with an Eastern grip that's probably the best way to go. I tend to float a little towards semi-western at times (esp with hitting high balls) but is definitely an Eastern grip. Once you're used to the Eastern, you can actually put a little time into practicing with Continental as well as Semi-Western. Doing this can help you develop more strength on your hitting arm.

There are a couple of good, free websites for the basic mechanics of groundies. Fuzzy Yellow Balls just to name one of them.
quentinak is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29th, 2009, 02:44 AM   #7
country flag LeonHart

LeonHart has a reputation beyond repute LeonHart has a reputation beyond repute LeonHart has a reputation beyond repute LeonHart has a reputation beyond repute LeonHart has a reputation beyond repute LeonHart has a reputation beyond repute LeonHart has a reputation beyond repute LeonHart has a reputation beyond repute LeonHart has a reputation beyond repute LeonHart has a reputation beyond repute LeonHart has a reputation beyond repute

Semi-Western...that's what most pro's use.

Sorana Cirstea - Stefanie Voegele - Michelle Larcher de Brito - Alexandra Dulgheru

Martina I will miss you!!
LeonHart is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29th, 2009, 03:16 AM   #8
country flag dabossK

What grip does Agnieszka Radwanska use?