Come in & discuss ALG`s 2010 doubles partnership - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 18th, 2009, 03:58 PM   #1
country flag ChrisCologne

ChrisCologne is a name known to all ChrisCologne is a name known to all ChrisCologne is a name known to all ChrisCologne is a name known to all ChrisCologne is a name known to all ChrisCologne is a name known to all ChrisCologne is a name known to all ChrisCologne is a name known to all ChrisCologne is a name known to all ChrisCologne is a name known to all ChrisCologne is a name known to all
Come in & discuss ALG`s 2010 doubles partnership

I want to ask you wether Srebotnik, King, Schnyder or someone totally different should be Anna´s 2010 partner.

I am under the impression that

a) Schnyder-connection worked 2008 because of the surprise effects of a lefty+top 10 singles player
b) King-connection mostly worked in minor events but her power is limited in Grand Slam fields
c) Though they won Linz today, Srebotnik just came back from injury

So how´s free 2010 anyway and to discuss in addition to those 3:

Peschke? (if Raymond is retired?)
Raymond? (if Peschke skips the team?)
Stubbs? (if Stosur concentrates on singles)
Medina? (VRP is retiring)
Hantuchova? (is playing less doubles 2010)
Petrova? (is she to team with Mattek again?)
Goerges?
Lisicki?
Malek?

Personally, I think that ALG would work quite well with Petrova if she´s to play as much doubles. I´d also tend to believe if Srebotnik comes back full swing, she´s a good combination. I just don´t see Patty being as keen on doubles in her -maybe- final year as she was in the final months of 2008. As with King, I doubt she´s as high class as a singles top act could be. With Stubbs or Peschke or Raymond, she´d add the doubles FINESSE to her game, but I see some of those retiring or sticking to their partners over the year. I´ve the impression too that Medina will choose the next best Spanish singles player in Suarez Navarro to build her up for doubles. Spanish players always team Spanish.
ChrisCologne is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 18th, 2009, 09:39 PM   #2
country flag crazillo

crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Come in & discuss ALG`s 2010 doubles partnership

I have been saying before her win in Linz that ALG/Srebotnik would fit very well.
"There is a saying that there is no friendship in tennis, but I've proven the opposite. After all of them are here, it means that there is friendship and I want to thank them for being here tonight. I hope the fans are happy too."

My blog about my semester spent in China (bilingual in both German and English):
http://crazillo.jimdo.com! Please feel free to make comments!!
crazillo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19th, 2009, 03:37 AM   #3
country flag Davodus

Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Come in & discuss ALG`s 2010 doubles partnership

ALG/Srebotnik is good, they would definitely be a top team if they played a lot together. King is fine, particularly as a 'filler' partner for smaller events. However, they do fit well together, and did really well at Wimbledon making the QF and really pushing the Williams sisters. The only problem with King is that her serve is very weak, and in doubles that leaves them open for being broken a lot.
I've always wanted ALG to play with Hantuchova, but Daniela is not really going to play a lot of doubles so I don't see it happening. I think ALG will always get an adequate partner, she is a great doubles player. I think it depends on Patty, if Patty keeps playing next year, I think they will keep playing together. They are a pretty good team. We'll see

https://picasaweb.google.com/114131139157506432297 Brisbane International photos, Sydney International and Australian Open photos
Davodus is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote