Katarina Srebotnik! - Page 169 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 2nd, 2009, 06:52 AM   #2521
country flag *Jool*

*Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Katarina Srebotnik!

BEIJING Qualies :

Kata is playing right now against Vania King, they just started and are re tied 1-1

gotta go to work...good luck , Kata !

KATA - AMG -
APS

Serena- Garcia- Hercog- KDK- Daniilidou- Puig- Muguruza...

*Jool* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 2nd, 2009, 07:03 AM   #2522
country flag Boreas

Boreas has a reputation beyond repute Boreas has a reputation beyond repute Boreas has a reputation beyond repute Boreas has a reputation beyond repute Boreas has a reputation beyond repute Boreas has a reputation beyond repute Boreas has a reputation beyond repute Boreas has a reputation beyond repute Boreas has a reputation beyond repute Boreas has a reputation beyond repute Boreas has a reputation beyond repute

Her serve must be handicaped big time due to her shoulder injury. She bas been known as a reliable and strong server. Against King, she has already lost her serve twice
Boreas is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2nd, 2009, 08:54 AM   #2523
country flag *Jool*

*Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute

King d Srebotnik 64 64

at least she gets some match practice/rhythm ...

KATA - AMG -
APS

Old Oct 2nd, 2009, 09:13 AM   #2524
country flag Bероника
creo en la diosa ♥ Sveta ♥

Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute

Kata
Old Oct 2nd, 2009, 04:53 PM   #2525
country flag mary14

mary14 is a name known to all mary14 is a name known to all mary14 is a name known to all mary14 is a name known to all mary14 is a name known to all mary14 is a name known to all mary14 is a name known to all mary14 is a name known to all mary14 is a name known to all mary14 is a name known to all mary14 is a name known to all

From delo.si:

"I have finished with American and Asian tourneys, and i have two other tournaments in Europe now,Linz and Luxembourg. Unfortunately my right shoulder is not completely stable yet.I'm still struggling with the pain from week to week. The situation is gradually improving, and pains get smaller, but there are a few improvments/progresses, so the varies are considerable.
I've got good and bad days and therefore it's not enjoyable to play. However, I stand firm by my decision to return on the highest level and I'm focused forward.
I decided to begin with my returning after a long absence due to injury this year on US Open and all the tournaments this year to adapt to this as a competitive pace, no matter what the results will be. I haven't expected any bigger ventures on this tournaments because i relalized what's the reality in that time, so i'm not burdening myself with the falling ranks.
The rank fall was expected. You cannot affect on major force,so I have to face with the fact that the injuries stopped me in this year's season.
I hope that the shoulder will be ready to complete and powerful by the end of the season, so I can play without pain.In this case i will practice for a longer period of time and when i will feel i'm in great physical preparness and also that i've got enough hours of quality tennis behind me, i will decide to take advantage of 8 tournamets with the frozen ranking in 2010 (20 in singles, 4 in doubles).
From these eight tournaments i can only play on one gran slam and i will think carefully which one to take advantage of. Fortunately I was able to play all the tournaments in the season 2009 with my old ranking, so theese tournaments are good preparations for the next year."

Sorry for all errors, specailly with the time involved, hopefully one day i will get better

I'm glad Kata doesn't give up, i've got faith!

mary14 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2nd, 2009, 05:02 PM   #2526
country flag *Jool*

thanks Marija , don't worry abtthe translation, it 's just fine
Kata is a clever girl and as we know, she doesn't put too much pressure on herself she's wise and know miracles don't happen , so she'll have to keep working hard , and I think she's ready for this, she seems focused and still hungry for more tennis , that's the positive
Results will come in 2010

KATA - AMG -
APS

Old Oct 2nd, 2009, 05:59 PM   #2527
country flag *Jool*

video of the tribute to Ai Sugiyama on sonyericsson site , Kata made Ai laugh and cry
http://www.sonyericssonwtatour.com/v...256670_1816139

KATA - AMG -
APS

Old Oct 4th, 2009, 11:21 AM   #2528
country flag mary14

mary14 is a name known to all mary14 is a name known to all mary14 is a name known to all mary14 is a name known to all mary14 is a name known to all mary14 is a name known to all mary14 is a name known to all mary14 is a name known to all mary14 is a name known to all mary14 is a name known to all mary14 is a name known to all

That was a very sweet tribute and wise words from the players. Got me into tears, also Thanks for the link Julien!

Since people (who think of theirselves they know all about sports) write just the negative stuff about Katarina's early exits, thankfully i ran into a comment i wanna share with you guys and translate it

"At the end she will shock the tennis world and beat Dinara Safina. If you think just a little,Srebotnik "rules"/Srebotnik is cool, and she proved that to a lot of people. I think it was Matts Willander, a retired tennis player, that helps to comment on Eurosport who said to the viewers during her match that he has been watching her and that he sees a winner, not loser, and of course her wonderful strong forehand, that can achieve many things, so that we have nothing to be afraid of. If not this year,she will succeed next year. Srebotnik with winning one WTA tournament in Austria I think, is one of those girls who were enrolled in the tennis world, and not to forget to mention how other players "praise"/talk about her and her achievemnets in doubles. If i ever meet her again I will definetly ask her for an autograph.
Otherwise, i don't do that generally, I was very close to one particular basketball player once, and didn't asked him, but in her case i would do immediately."

Last edited by mary14 : Oct 4th, 2009 at 05:44 PM.
Old Oct 4th, 2009, 12:15 PM   #2529
country flag Boreas

Boreas has a reputation beyond repute Boreas has a reputation beyond repute Boreas has a reputation beyond repute Boreas has a reputation beyond repute Boreas has a reputation beyond repute Boreas has a reputation beyond repute Boreas has a reputation beyond repute Boreas has a reputation beyond repute Boreas has a reputation beyond repute Boreas has a reputation beyond repute Boreas has a reputation beyond repute

^^Yeah, it's a response on rtv portal. Nice comment indeed
Boreas is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4th, 2009, 12:20 PM   #2530
country flag *Jool*

yup, nice comments, and indeed if we let her the time needed to get back on track, I'm sure plenty of good things will come from Kata again !

KATA - AMG -
APS

Old Oct 12th, 2009, 04:47 PM   #2531
country flag mary14

The match against Suarez Navarro should start soon.

And Katarina playing doubles with Groenefeld Anna vs. Lena Govortsova Olga/Poutchek Tatiana - i guess they play on wednesday

There's a news in the newspapper from today that say Kata shoulder problems after Beijing got worse.
And the rank is now 239.

Good luck Kata and get fit soon!

Old Oct 12th, 2009, 04:52 PM   #2532
country flag *Jool*

good luck Kata

KATA - AMG -
APS

Old Oct 12th, 2009, 06:07 PM   #2533
country flag igralec33

igralec33 has a reputation beyond repute igralec33 has a reputation beyond repute igralec33 has a reputation beyond repute igralec33 has a reputation beyond repute igralec33 has a reputation beyond repute igralec33 has a reputation beyond repute igralec33 has a reputation beyond repute igralec33 has a reputation beyond repute igralec33 has a reputation beyond repute igralec33 has a reputation beyond repute igralec33 has a reputation beyond repute

Katarina Srebotnik vs Carla Suarez Navarro 1-3*
Kata has 2 BP's in first game.

Come on, Kata!
Old Oct 12th, 2009, 06:16 PM   #2534
country flag *Jool*

break feast

Carla leads 4*-2

KATA - AMG -
APS

Old Oct 12th, 2009, 06:23 PM   #2535
country flag *Jool*

6-2 ... hope she can do better in the second set

KATA - AMG -
APS