Suicide Tennis | Rules | - Page 5 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 24th, 2009, 09:13 PM   #61
country flag Broseghini

Broseghini has a reputation beyond repute Broseghini has a reputation beyond repute Broseghini has a reputation beyond repute Broseghini has a reputation beyond repute Broseghini has a reputation beyond repute Broseghini has a reputation beyond repute Broseghini has a reputation beyond repute Broseghini has a reputation beyond repute Broseghini has a reputation beyond repute Broseghini has a reputation beyond repute Broseghini has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Suicide Tennis | Rules |

i prefer the current rules too.

MARIA KIRILENKO | ALIZE CORNET | MARION BARTOLI
MARIA SHARAPOVA | JELENA JANKOVIC | ANA IVANOVIC | CAROLINE GARCIA
Broseghini is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 27th, 2009, 09:54 AM   #62
Andreas
секси

Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute

I was wondering, in order to qualify for Bali, you need to win a title on International level, right?

VICTORIA AZARENKA
IVANOVIC, KONJUH, VEKIC, WOZNIACKI

Andreas is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28th, 2009, 02:07 AM   #63
country flag In The Zone
it's serena, bitch.

In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreas View Post
I was wondering, in order to qualify for Bali, you need to win a title on International level, right?
For Bali, we ran our own "Race to Bali" which will have the Top 12 players who scored the highest amount of points in international events.
In The Zone is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28th, 2009, 06:15 PM   #64
country flag DAVAJ MKirilenko
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by In The Zone View Post
I'm not sure how I feel about it. It's a bit more complicated. I like that retirements count in our game because that's the point of our game -- suicide, whether it benefits you or goes against you.

I'll hold out how I feel about it while more people comment.
It's not more complicated. 6-1 6-2 is not 1+2 but 12-3.
I just don't think that retirements has to be such an advantage.
Afterall sport is about winning and not cause of problems of the opponent.
If you make the same picks till the QF. Then SF's are 6-3 6-3 and 0-5 retirement and no pick left at the last day for both. Just won't be fair that the 0-5 wins, cause you're already lucky enough to survive that. And like I said, it would also eliminate the 6-0 0-6 6-0 as being better than 6-0 6-7 6-0.
I do agree that we count retirements for the game itself. 6-1 5-0 and retirement from the opponent would be fair to use the backup. A 1-6 0-5 retirement is so rare that we can't consider that as a disadvantage.

Retirements just shouldn't give you so much advantage as it is now.

1. Ana Ivanovic

2. Maria Kirilenko
3. Anastasija Sevastova
DAVAJ MKirilenko is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1st, 2009, 03:14 AM   #65
country flag Wedgie619

Wedgie619 has much to be proud of Wedgie619 has much to be proud of Wedgie619 has much to be proud of Wedgie619 has much to be proud of Wedgie619 has much to be proud of Wedgie619 has much to be proud of Wedgie619 has much to be proud of Wedgie619 has much to be proud of Wedgie619 has much to be proud of Wedgie619 has much to be proud of Wedgie619 has much to be proud of

I was looking at the infomation on the Bali Tournament and wasn't able to find out about the ranking points you get...
but i found out that there is a "12-woman round robin singles format (four groups of three players)"... so in regards to the rules, will it be like the the YEC and after the round robin, all picks are reset???
I presume there would be Day 1-3 of round robin play, (Reset picks) and then the SF and F on Day 5???
Semi/Quarter Finalist: YEC (09), Linz (07)/ Australian Open (09), Wimbledon (09)
Wedgie619 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8th, 2009, 03:40 PM   #66
country flag Danars

Danars is a splendid one to behold Danars is a splendid one to behold Danars is a splendid one to behold Danars is a splendid one to behold Danars is a splendid one to behold Danars is a splendid one to behold Danars is a splendid one to behold Danars is a splendid one to behold Danars is a splendid one to behold Danars is a splendid one to behold Danars is a splendid one to behold

In
Danars is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12th, 2009, 08:57 PM   #67
country flag Wedgie619

Wedgie619 has much to be proud of Wedgie619 has much to be proud of Wedgie619 has much to be proud of Wedgie619 has much to be proud of Wedgie619 has much to be proud of Wedgie619 has much to be proud of Wedgie619 has much to be proud of Wedgie619 has much to be proud of Wedgie619 has much to be proud of Wedgie619 has much to be proud of Wedgie619 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVAJ MKirilenko View Post
It's not more complicated. 6-1 6-2 is not 1+2 but 12-3.
I just don't think that retirements has to be such an advantage.
Afterall sport is about winning and not cause of problems of the opponent.
If you make the same picks till the QF. Then SF's are 6-3 6-3 and 0-5 retirement and no pick left at the last day for both. Just won't be fair that the 0-5 wins, cause you're already lucky enough to survive that. And like I said, it would also eliminate the 6-0 0-6 6-0 as being better than 6-0 6-7 6-0.
I do agree that we count retirements for the game itself. 6-1 5-0 and retirement from the opponent would be fair to use the backup. A 1-6 0-5 retirement is so rare that we can't consider that as a disadvantage.

Retirements just shouldn't give you so much advantage as it is now.
I think these 2 points are the reason why the +/- game calculation system should be used instead of the "games lost" one...

If we had a situation like at the ATP YEC where 2 players have lost the same amount of sets/games, under current rules the player who posted first would win... but what if the player who DIDN'T post first had won more games (ie. player A [44-40], player B [45-40])... wouldn't it be fairer if player be won as they had won more game??? and the +/- games calculation system eliminates this situation as well...

I really dont like the "whoever post first rule" and this system would ALMOST eliminate this as it is really unlikely that someone whould win/lose the same amount of games/set (if picking different people)....

-----------------------------------------------------

Also I know ITZ did it for Bali but i dont see why the YEC has Day 6 No pick...
This is imposible as you have 4 players to pick on SF day and therefore if you win the SF you have 1 to pick on the final day... The winnner of the other SF...

YEC Current points
Code:
DAY 1: 210
DAY 2: 290
DAY 3: 375
DAY 4: 675
DAY 5: 825:(Invalid)
DAY 6: 1050 (No Pick)
DAY 6: 1230 (Invalid)
DAY 6: 1500 (Winner)
I would like to see the Day 6 I go down to 1050 as it gives better incentive to pick the SF yopu think will lose in the final and not just the easy SF...
Semi/Quarter Finalist: YEC (09), Linz (07)/ Australian Open (09), Wimbledon (09)
Wedgie619 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9th, 2010, 12:33 AM   #68
country flag Carotastrophe

Carotastrophe has a brilliant future Carotastrophe has a brilliant future Carotastrophe has a brilliant future Carotastrophe has a brilliant future Carotastrophe has a brilliant future Carotastrophe has a brilliant future Carotastrophe has a brilliant future Carotastrophe has a brilliant future Carotastrophe has a brilliant future Carotastrophe has a brilliant future Carotastrophe has a brilliant future

Count me in-Starting now! do you have to be over 3 months to play?
M. Sharapova-D. Gavrilova-S. Stosur-Sun-Ling-Kai Chen
Carotastrophe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10th, 2010, 11:53 PM   #69
country flag In The Zone
it's serena, bitch.

In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute

Nope. You may play.
In The Zone is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15th, 2010, 01:36 PM   #70
country flag the jackal

the jackal is a glorious beacon of light the jackal is a glorious beacon of light the jackal is a glorious beacon of light the jackal is a glorious beacon of light the jackal is a glorious beacon of light the jackal is a glorious beacon of light the jackal is a glorious beacon of light the jackal is a glorious beacon of light the jackal is a glorious beacon of light the jackal is a glorious beacon of light the jackal is a glorious beacon of light

shouldnt there be a pre-requisite that only players who have won an international event can take part in the race to bali (as it is on the actual tour)?
the jackal is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2010, 06:04 AM   #71
Deck

Deck has a brilliant future Deck has a brilliant future Deck has a brilliant future Deck has a brilliant future Deck has a brilliant future Deck has a brilliant future Deck has a brilliant future Deck has a brilliant future Deck has a brilliant future Deck has a brilliant future Deck has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zauber View Post
this tournament again shows that having first round bys in this game is totally unfair and is totally unnecessary. It adds nothing to the game and just makes it unfair.
Supported.
Deck is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2010, 03:37 PM   #72
country flag Jolene

Jolene is a name known to all Jolene is a name known to all Jolene is a name known to all Jolene is a name known to all Jolene is a name known to all Jolene is a name known to all Jolene is a name known to all Jolene is a name known to all Jolene is a name known to all Jolene is a name known to all Jolene is a name known to all

It's one thing to have byes; I don't love it, but I get the rationale, but I think there needs to be some serious thought given to how to handle players with byes when it comes to the tiebreaker. It seems very unfair that players not only get the advantage of not having to pick in the first round but automatically losing 0 sets/0 games when there's a tiebreaker. So the players who really made all picks/all rounds and already have a better case for deserving to win are disadvantaged against them. Why shouldn't players with byes be asked to pick someone for the first round whose games/sets will be counted against them only in the event of a tiebreaker?
Jolene is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2010, 04:19 PM   #73
country flag DarkchildSwiss

DarkchildSwiss has a brilliant future DarkchildSwiss has a brilliant future DarkchildSwiss has a brilliant future DarkchildSwiss has a brilliant future DarkchildSwiss has a brilliant future DarkchildSwiss has a brilliant future DarkchildSwiss has a brilliant future DarkchildSwiss has a brilliant future DarkchildSwiss has a brilliant future DarkchildSwiss has a brilliant future DarkchildSwiss has a brilliant future

this bye discussion is really annoying me this week. is it just because I won this tournament or why is it just coming up this week? little bit confused. there were 7 other players who also had a bye this week and they did not win. it is also about strategy.

Other players: Belinda Bencic ~ Kim Clijsters ~ Timea Bacsinszky ~ Elena Dementieva ~ Stefanie Voegele ~ Anna Kournikova ~ Maria Sharapova ~ Vera Zvonareva ~ Daniela Hantuchova ~ Elena Bovina ~ Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova ~ Monica Seles ~ Jennifer Capriati ~ Serena and Venus Williams ~ Klara Koukalova
DarkchildSwiss is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2010, 04:48 PM   #74
country flag DAVAJ MKirilenko
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute

Sets/games lost is only there to the decide the winner. The points stay the same.

1. Ana Ivanovic

2. Maria Kirilenko
3. Anastasija Sevastova
DAVAJ MKirilenko is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2010, 06:13 PM   #75
Deck

Deck has a brilliant future Deck has a brilliant future Deck has a brilliant future Deck has a brilliant future Deck has a brilliant future Deck has a brilliant future Deck has a brilliant future Deck has a brilliant future Deck has a brilliant future Deck has a brilliant future Deck has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkchildSwiss View Post
this bye discussion is really annoying me this week. is it just because I won this tournament or why is it just coming up this week?
Yes Sir, everybody's against you

I also find it weird that there has to be one winner and one runner-up in the end like in real. Why not call everybody who makes it through winners
Deck is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote