Tennis Slovenia Forum? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 26th, 2009, 08:28 PM   #1
country flag Zamboni
Vamorza!

Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute
Tennis Slovenia Forum?

There has been a popular request to change this forum into a general Tennis Slovenia forum, like the Daniilidou forum has been changed into a Tennis Greece forum.
We discussed this between mods and admins, and decided it's a good idea, that makes a lot of sense. We're not sure though whether everyone who has voted for this forum realises that there will not be a Srebotnik subforum in the Tennis Slovenia forum. So, before who create the new forum, we want to make sure you still want the forum under that condition.

Thoughts and opinions are welcome in here.

Zamboni is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 27th, 2009, 08:46 AM   #2
country flag Boreas

Boreas has a reputation beyond repute Boreas has a reputation beyond repute Boreas has a reputation beyond repute Boreas has a reputation beyond repute Boreas has a reputation beyond repute Boreas has a reputation beyond repute Boreas has a reputation beyond repute Boreas has a reputation beyond repute Boreas has a reputation beyond repute Boreas has a reputation beyond repute Boreas has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Tennis Slovenia Forum?

So, basically we need to sacrifice Srebotnik's subforum in order to gather Slovene girls in this very same forum. Honestly I don't know where's the trick. Is this because a)Kata has fallen out of top 100, b)she's getting old, c)there's not enough interest in her forum, d) admins don't feel like spending too much time on this topic?

why exactly can't we keep Kata's subforum? It has been here for ages and it's not quite fair to her fans to close it down.

I have nothing against your idea, but I think other people might have different opinions. However, it's up to Kata's fans if they want her forum to fall apart
Boreas is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27th, 2009, 05:36 PM   #3
country flag iGOAT

iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute

Well the Slovene forum would still be the same as her present one, it would just have threads for all the Slovene girls in it and then you guys could request she gets a forum added for just herself after.
iGOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28th, 2009, 08:13 AM   #4
country flag Tanja8

Tanja8 has much to be proud of Tanja8 has much to be proud of Tanja8 has much to be proud of Tanja8 has much to be proud of Tanja8 has much to be proud of Tanja8 has much to be proud of Tanja8 has much to be proud of Tanja8 has much to be proud of Tanja8 has much to be proud of Tanja8 has much to be proud of Tanja8 has much to be proud of

I agree with Boreas ...
well, it seems that Kata has been "written off" by some people here. However, things don`t seem consistent here ... we still have subforums for Davenport, Pierce, Golovin, Vaidišova ...

But - I don`t have an illusion that we (users) are important here. Admins have the last word - so let it be.
If you ask me - Kata should have her subforum. Less than a year ago she was top 20. And top 5 doubles player for ages. Than injury ... she might not come back but we (her fans) hope she will.
How long has it been since Vaidišova was top ten? 2,3 years? Oh, but she is more interesting than Kata for her long legs, boyfriend etc.
I thought this forum is about tennis not jet-set and rumours about "celebrities". Maybe I was wrong ...

Majerič, Hercog, Rampre, ...
Šarapova, Kerber, Kirilenko, Makarova, Robson, Pavljučenkova, Svitolina, Vekić, Putinceva, ...
Tanja8 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28th, 2009, 11:02 AM   #5
country flag *Jool*

*Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not fond of the idea to discuss Polona Hercog or Masa Zec 's results in the same thread as Kata's
(no offense ...)

KATA - AMG -
APS

Serena- Garcia- Hercog- KDK- Daniilidou- Puig- Muguruza...

*Jool* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28th, 2009, 11:04 AM   #6
country flag *Jool*

*Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute

^^ I may not get the exact point od this merging though
is it just the name of the forum that changes from "Katarina Srebotnik" to "Tennis Slovenia" ? and then there are threads for each player ?
if so , why not

KATA - AMG -
APS

Old Sep 28th, 2009, 11:14 AM   #7
country flag Boreas

Boreas has a reputation beyond repute Boreas has a reputation beyond repute Boreas has a reputation beyond repute Boreas has a reputation beyond repute Boreas has a reputation beyond repute Boreas has a reputation beyond repute Boreas has a reputation beyond repute Boreas has a reputation beyond repute Boreas has a reputation beyond repute Boreas has a reputation beyond repute Boreas has a reputation beyond repute

True, but that means no subforum for Kata. I mean, i guess it's not a drastical decision to close down her forum, but since it was there for so long, i find that a bit unfair to her fans
Boreas is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28th, 2009, 11:27 AM   #8
country flag Zamboni
Vamorza!

Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Jool* View Post
^^ I may not get the exact point od this merging though
is it just the name of the forum that changes from "Katarina Srebotnik" to "Tennis Slovenia" ? and then there are threads for each player ?
if so , why not
Yes, that's the point.
We're not closing down her forum, we're changing it into a Tennis Slovenia forum (so, adding threads for other players). If you guys still want that.

Old Sep 28th, 2009, 11:34 AM   #9
country flag *Jool*

and what happens to all the threads already created for Kata ? they remain the same?

personnally I don't really mind having threads for other slovenian players in the forum , I just won't post there , it won't change a lot for me

question is : is this really necessary ? I mean, you've had requests from posters willing to have forums/threads for Hercog, Klepac, Zec ... ? if noone posts there ...

KATA - AMG -
APS

Old Sep 28th, 2009, 11:41 AM   #10
country flag Zamboni
Vamorza!

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Jool* View Post
and what happens to all the threads already created for Kata ? they remain the same?

personnally I don't really mind having threads for other slovenian players in the forum , I just won't post there , it won't change a lot for me

question is : is this really necessary ? I mean, you've had requests from posters willing to have forums/threads for Hercog, Klepac, Zec ... ? if noone posts there ...
We had a lot of requests for a Tennis Slovenia forum (look at the Official Player forum request thread in Bug/Error forum). We are willing to create this, but we will not create a Srebotnik forum in that subforum. So, basically, we will change the name of this forum and add threads for other Slovenian players.
We did the same with Daniilidou's forum, which turned into a Tennis Greek forum. After that we got complaints about Eleni not having her own forum anymore, that's why we check first now.

Old Sep 28th, 2009, 11:49 AM   #11
country flag *Jool*

no problem with me as long as we have threads to discuss about Kata I think it's cool that other posters are also able to post things about their faves

can't talk for all the other Kata fans though , obviously

KATA - AMG -
APS

Old Sep 28th, 2009, 03:28 PM   #12
esdee

esdee has much to be proud of esdee has much to be proud of esdee has much to be proud of esdee has much to be proud of esdee has much to be proud of esdee has much to be proud of esdee has much to be proud of esdee has much to be proud of esdee has much to be proud of esdee has much to be proud of esdee has much to be proud of

I think Kata's results and previous ranking should be given consideration. I have no problem with Tennis Slovenia (although I can't imagine many postings for other players, no offence), but I think Kata should have her own sub-forum.
esdee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28th, 2009, 06:25 PM   #13
country flag Bероника
creo en la diosa ♥ Sveta ♥

Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute

Well I'm Eleni fan and her forum or tennis Greece as it's called now is now a big mess,Eleni's threads are spread everywhere so I wouldn't like this to happen here also for Kata.But again I don't post here as much as I post there,so maybe the people who post more regularly and are more active in this forum should tell better than me.
Old Sep 28th, 2009, 06:58 PM   #14
country flag *Jool*

yes that might be annoying still, we get our "Katarina Srebotnik!" thread where we post almost everything abt Kata, and dont post that often in other more specific threads , but I guess it's vastly due to Kata's lack of tennis activity in 2009

shouldn't we need a poll? (don't know what I would vote for yet tho )

when do you admins plan to do that if that happens?

KATA - AMG -
APS

Old Sep 30th, 2009, 01:26 AM   #15
country flag hellas719

hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with Veronika
Before Tennis Greece, I asked for the other Greek players' threads to be moved to ROW, and nothing
Then Eleni's forum got deleted, which I don't understand, because although she was doing bad, she still had fans and forum activity
I think Srebotnik's forum should stay

Wickmayer. Venus. Ivanovic. Cirstea. Halep.
Azarenka. Krajicek. Flipkens. Pironkova. Begu.
Lisicki. Paszek. Vesnina. Pavlyuchenkova. Cornet.
Stephens. Oudin. King. Vandeweghe. McHale.
Grammatikopoulou ~ Papamichail ~ Sakkari
hellas719 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote