Ranking points and Earnings - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 6th, 2009, 06:12 PM   #16
country flag darkangel23

darkangel23 has much to be proud of darkangel23 has much to be proud of darkangel23 has much to be proud of darkangel23 has much to be proud of darkangel23 has much to be proud of darkangel23 has much to be proud of darkangel23 has much to be proud of darkangel23 has much to be proud of darkangel23 has much to be proud of darkangel23 has much to be proud of darkangel23 has much to be proud of
Re: Ranking points and Earnings

Or maybe have the Olymics points dropped off or will they stay for 4 years?
Good luck to: Pironkova, Karatantcheva, Peng, Krajicek, Dushevina, Vesnina, Cetkovska, K&A Bondarenko, Oudin, Cornet, Tatishvili, Cibulkova, Olaru, Niculescu, Cirstea, Kleybanova, Larcher de Brito, Robson, Zahlavova Strycova, Rogowska, Marino... Would be even more...
In Loving Memory
M.Seles M.Hingis A.Myskina N.Vaidisova M.Pierce T.Golovin J.Hénin K.Clijsters
darkangel23 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 6th, 2009, 06:46 PM   #17
country flag Meelis
Team WTAworld

Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkangel23 View Post
Those are: Rome, Cinci, Tokyo, Toronto and what??? Moscow or Dubai? Why are her Bejing points from last year not included? I thought a mandatory event is always counted no matter on what stage you lose?!
Dubai is last premier 5.

Beijing was not mandatory last year.

Quote:
And in the How the ranking works sheet there's said that the two best Premier 5 tournaments count, so why is there not Rome? Is it just because 110 points are lower than her Bastad points???
2 best results from Premier 5 Tournaments thing only applies for top-10 list players (Caroline did not finish 2008 in top-10)

Quote:
Or maybe have the Olymics points dropped off or will they stay for 4 years?
Olympics points dropped off couple of weeks ago.
Meelis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6th, 2009, 07:10 PM   #18
country flag darkangel23

darkangel23 has much to be proud of darkangel23 has much to be proud of darkangel23 has much to be proud of darkangel23 has much to be proud of darkangel23 has much to be proud of darkangel23 has much to be proud of darkangel23 has much to be proud of darkangel23 has much to be proud of darkangel23 has much to be proud of darkangel23 has much to be proud of darkangel23 has much to be proud of

Ah ok so a ranking system for a Top 10 player counts for one whole year?! So for Caroline it's likely next year that her premier 5 will count?! And for Ana it still counts as Top 10 player even though she isn't there anymore?! Maybe if you know, you could post here Safina's points, because I'm missing 150 points and I don't know why...
Good luck to: Pironkova, Karatantcheva, Peng, Krajicek, Dushevina, Vesnina, Cetkovska, K&A Bondarenko, Oudin, Cornet, Tatishvili, Cibulkova, Olaru, Niculescu, Cirstea, Kleybanova, Larcher de Brito, Robson, Zahlavova Strycova, Rogowska, Marino... Would be even more...
In Loving Memory
Old Sep 6th, 2009, 07:21 PM   #19
country flag darkangel23

Ah ok and because Caro was not in the Top 10 when she played Rome, it is not counted, because she only played one Premier 5 tournament as a member of the Top 10, right?! So her upcoming Tokyo points will count? No this cannot be because if it is like that how I said then Toronto should count in her rankings... Well it's complicated though... So the year end rankings decide if a player has one ranking system with the premier 5 or the normal?!
In Loving Memory
Old Sep 6th, 2009, 07:45 PM   #20
country flag Meelis
Team WTAworld

Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute

Yes. Year-end top-10 has different rules.

Safina:

Roland Garros GS 07.06.09 F 1400
Australian Open GS 01.02.09 F 1400
Wimbledon GS 05.07.09 SF 900
US Open GS 07.09.08 SF 900
Madrid PM 17.05.09 W 1000
Indian Wells PM 22.03.09 QF 250
Miami PM 05.04.09 3.R 80
Rome P5 10.05.09 W 800
Cincinnati P5 16.08.09 F 550
Tokyo I 21.09.08 W 860
Moscow I 12.10.08 SF 390