Nutty meets nutty JJ.. my "JJ in Cincy" thread - Page 4 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 28th, 2009, 11:29 PM   #46
country flag pj5

pj5 has much to be proud of pj5 has much to be proud of pj5 has much to be proud of pj5 has much to be proud of pj5 has much to be proud of pj5 has much to be proud of pj5 has much to be proud of pj5 has much to be proud of pj5 has much to be proud of pj5 has much to be proud of pj5 has much to be proud of
Re: Nutty meets nutty JJ.. my "JJ in Cincy" thread

well done, your report was great.
Thanks for finishing it off.
Many good pictures. I liked the one when she stretched her leg on the hand rail with a fan. A "rare" photo that one.
pj5 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 28th, 2009, 11:47 PM   #47
country flag ms_nut

ms_nut has a reputation beyond repute ms_nut has a reputation beyond repute ms_nut has a reputation beyond repute ms_nut has a reputation beyond repute ms_nut has a reputation beyond repute ms_nut has a reputation beyond repute ms_nut has a reputation beyond repute ms_nut has a reputation beyond repute ms_nut has a reputation beyond repute ms_nut has a reputation beyond repute ms_nut has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pj5 View Post
well done, your report was great.
Thanks for finishing it off.
Many good pictures. I liked the one when she stretched her leg on the hand rail with a fan. A "rare" photo that one.
Thanks..

I should also add my favorite quote from the tournament which came from ..... who else but JJ..
This was during her SF match against Elena when JJ was asked to challenge a close call.

__________________________________________________ _________________
someone in the crowd (to JJ): challenge the ball...
JJ (to umpire): I'll challenge the call....

(Hawk-eye shows the ball was indeed out) JJ loses the challenge...she's not happy..

Person in crowd: I swear the ball was in...
JJ: then why does the TV show it out..
__________________________________________________ __________________

All this drama was happening while we were deep in the 3rd set (5-5, i think).. i only caught the last two lines.. but the lady next to me was cracking up as she told me what happened..

Also, after JJ saved 4 MPs in the TB and finally got a MP herself.. the lady next to me was like " isn't this where we were 20 minutes ago".. I laughed nervously as i replied "Enter the mind of a genius at work"
ms_nut is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29th, 2009, 01:33 AM   #48
country flag Just Do It

Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute

Great pics

Murray looks like a 60 yo there
Just Do It is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29th, 2009, 07:47 AM   #49
country flag MaBaker
★Serbian Sensation★

MaBaker has a reputation beyond repute MaBaker has a reputation beyond repute MaBaker has a reputation beyond repute MaBaker has a reputation beyond repute MaBaker has a reputation beyond repute MaBaker has a reputation beyond repute MaBaker has a reputation beyond repute MaBaker has a reputation beyond repute MaBaker has a reputation beyond repute MaBaker has a reputation beyond repute MaBaker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms_nut View Post
someone in the crowd (to JJ): challenge the ball...
JJ (to umpire): I'll challenge the call....

(Hawk-eye shows the ball was indeed out) JJ loses the challenge...she's not happy..

Person in crowd: I swear the ball was in...
JJ: then why does the TV show it out..
Great report & pics , nut
MaBaker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29th, 2009, 08:10 AM   #50
дalex

дalex has a reputation beyond repute дalex has a reputation beyond repute дalex has a reputation beyond repute дalex has a reputation beyond repute дalex has a reputation beyond repute дalex has a reputation beyond repute дalex has a reputation beyond repute дalex has a reputation beyond repute дalex has a reputation beyond repute дalex has a reputation beyond repute дalex has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
JJ actually ended up making one of the CEOs carry her trophy.. talk about a diva..

Great ending to the blog, nut.
Old Aug 29th, 2009, 08:34 AM   #51
Hashim.

Hashim. has a reputation beyond repute Hashim. has a reputation beyond repute Hashim. has a reputation beyond repute Hashim. has a reputation beyond repute Hashim. has a reputation beyond repute Hashim. has a reputation beyond repute Hashim. has a reputation beyond repute Hashim. has a reputation beyond repute Hashim. has a reputation beyond repute Hashim. has a reputation beyond repute Hashim. has a reputation beyond repute

that was a great blog thanks
Old Aug 29th, 2009, 10:56 AM   #52
country flag RFS

RFS has a reputation beyond repute RFS has a reputation beyond repute RFS has a reputation beyond repute RFS has a reputation beyond repute RFS has a reputation beyond repute RFS has a reputation beyond repute RFS has a reputation beyond repute RFS has a reputation beyond repute RFS has a reputation beyond repute RFS has a reputation beyond repute RFS has a reputation beyond repute

Great blog and I had to do a double take at that pic of Papa Jankovic and Mlado as it initially looked like they were walking along holding hands!!!

Pick Strategy is ALL: JJ is merely the weapon of choice...

JM: [pause, followed by a guilty look] Ah yeah. That's possible.

Rozzie's Tennis Blogs are now contained in The Chalkdust Chronicles - Click HERE
RFS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29th, 2009, 02:12 PM   #53
country flag ChriS.

ChriS. has a brilliant future ChriS. has a brilliant future ChriS. has a brilliant future ChriS. has a brilliant future ChriS. has a brilliant future ChriS. has a brilliant future ChriS. has a brilliant future ChriS. has a brilliant future ChriS. has a brilliant future ChriS. has a brilliant future ChriS. has a brilliant future

Quote:
It was so cool to see "JJ 2009 Cincinnati Champion on the big screen"

2009 Champion JJ - at last! Thanks Ms Nut for a very entertaining blog. Please give up you day job and go to all her tournaments. I am sure you inspired her to win at Cincy.

ChriS. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30th, 2009, 11:39 AM   #54
country flag Brena

Brena has a reputation beyond repute Brena has a reputation beyond repute Brena has a reputation beyond repute Brena has a reputation beyond repute Brena has a reputation beyond repute Brena has a reputation beyond repute Brena has a reputation beyond repute Brena has a reputation beyond repute Brena has a reputation beyond repute Brena has a reputation beyond repute Brena has a reputation beyond repute

Wonderful! I feel like JJ won Cincy all over again!

By Harold Pinter&Brena

''Man up or go home.''

''Who cares? Hahahahahaha!''
Brena is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30th, 2009, 12:55 PM   #55
country flag Snex

Snex has a reputation beyond repute Snex has a reputation beyond repute Snex has a reputation beyond repute Snex has a reputation beyond repute Snex has a reputation beyond repute Snex has a reputation beyond repute Snex has a reputation beyond repute Snex has a reputation beyond repute Snex has a reputation beyond repute Snex has a reputation beyond repute Snex has a reputation beyond repute

This was really a nice blog Nutty. Now, PLEASE go to NY. It seems that you're JJ's lucky charm.
Snex is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30th, 2009, 01:00 PM   #56
country flag louisa.
Long live.

louisa. has a reputation beyond repute louisa. has a reputation beyond repute louisa. has a reputation beyond repute louisa. has a reputation beyond repute louisa. has a reputation beyond repute louisa. has a reputation beyond repute louisa. has a reputation beyond repute louisa. has a reputation beyond repute louisa. has a reputation beyond repute louisa. has a reputation beyond repute louisa. has a reputation beyond repute

great blog, enjoyed reading it very much

Long live the walls we crashed through
While the kingdom lights shined just for me and you...
louisa. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30th, 2009, 07:21 PM   #57
country flag Optima
- - - - - - - - -

Optima has a reputation beyond repute Optima has a reputation beyond repute Optima has a reputation beyond repute Optima has a reputation beyond repute Optima has a reputation beyond repute Optima has a reputation beyond repute Optima has a reputation beyond repute Optima has a reputation beyond repute Optima has a reputation beyond repute Optima has a reputation beyond repute Optima has a reputation beyond repute

I can't believe I live less than an hour and a half away from Cincy and I couldn't make it there to see her win the title. OMFG
Old Aug 9th, 2010, 03:04 AM   #58
country flag ms_nut

ms_nut has a reputation beyond repute ms_nut has a reputation beyond repute ms_nut has a reputation beyond repute ms_nut has a reputation beyond repute ms_nut has a reputation beyond repute ms_nut has a reputation beyond repute ms_nut has a reputation beyond repute ms_nut has a reputation beyond repute ms_nut has a reputation beyond repute ms_nut has a reputation beyond repute ms_nut has a reputation beyond repute

So I went to the Qualies today, only because it only costs $5 to get in. I was hoping to see Ana 2.0 in action, and also catch a glimpse of some other top players. Of course, I wanted to see how JJ looks in Bronze. I guess I'll just continue my 2010 blog in this thread.

*******NUTTY'S 2010 CINCINNATI BLOG****************

Last edited by ms_nut : Aug 9th, 2010 at 04:02 AM.
Old Aug 9th, 2010, 04:01 AM   #59
country flag ms_nut

So i went to the tournament about a week ago, and they didn't have the bronze plaque featuring 2009 champion JJ.

Today however, they had it:

Gorgeous in bronze, huh?

I didn't expect to see JJ today, i expected her to be lazing around her mansion in San Diego. After all, why would you want to give up the pleasant 60s California weather to come to the hot midwest summers of the 90s.

I first caught a glimpse of Cibulkova and coach Zelko (sp?). How ironic that Dinara was also practicing at the same time on the adjacent court about 100 feet away...

Domi: So you think i can become world #1 like Dinara...

Zelko: Of course, I mean, i made Din-din #1, that means anything is possible..

Domi: (to self): I'll be the third slamless #1...ahhh what every tennis girl dreams of growing up..

Dinara: He's stalking me i tell you, that's what holding me back right now...

Dinara's hitting partner: Ummm... yeah sure, maybe your *cough*crappy forehands and backhands and *cough* crappy serve has something to do with it as well.

I was quickly getting bored, tennis without JJ is so...

Anyway, i started walking around the grounds with my friend. There was a small hulabuloo, (JJ maybe, i was getting my hopes up) turned out it was some tall, blonde russian...

So who is this Russian called John Barnett (and is she parked in a handicapped parking spot??). I'm sure she stole JJ's permanent handicapped parking spot...

We walked to court #4 and saw Scheepers playing Greta Arn. Normally, i wouldn't have given this match a second thought, but Scheepers is in my book now, after she teamed up with Jeja at Wimbly.

I thought she looked cute. She was hitting some great CC BHs.. But i didn't stick around for long.

The volunteer who was letting people into the court was telling us " Scheepers is from Russia".. I was "hmm, i;m pretty sure she's from South Africa." He took out the schedule and showed me "See, it says right here... RSA, Russia".

Russia, Republic of South Africa, whatever, they're all the same country, right.

Last edited by ms_nut : Aug 9th, 2010 at 04:24 AM.
Old Aug 9th, 2010, 04:07 AM   #60
country flag Optima
- - - - - - - - -

Optima has a reputation beyond repute Optima has a reputation beyond repute Optima has a reputation beyond repute Optima has a reputation beyond repute Optima has a reputation beyond repute Optima has a reputation beyond repute Optima has a reputation beyond repute Optima has a reputation beyond repute Optima has a reputation beyond repute Optima has a reputation beyond repute Optima has a reputation beyond repute

I can't believe I'm missing it again this year.

Goddamn finals. I'm so tempted to ask one of my professors if I can take it early just in case JJ reaches the QF or more so I can make it up there for a bit.

Great report