Taking time off & turned pro clubs - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 23rd, 2009, 09:27 PM   #31
Tennisace

Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold
Re: Taking time off to try pros club

Don't forget to add Alison Riske to your list now.
Tennisace is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 25th, 2009, 09:50 PM   #32
country flag gouci

gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all

Thanks Tennisace

Looks like Cako and her doubles partner Riske will try the pros together. Although my guess is both will start playing college tennis in the Spring.

Note: My laptop broke down on Sunday so the number of updates I can post will be minimized in the next few weeks.

Anyone know how to fix an "Operating System Not Found" error for an HP laptop dv9000 series operating on Windows Vista?
gouci is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25th, 2009, 10:27 PM   #33
country flag tennisbuddy12
College Tennis/Team USA expert

tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gouci View Post
Thanks Tennisace

Looks like Cako and her doubles partner Riske will try the pros together. Although my guess is both will start playing college tennis in the Spring.

Note: My laptop broke down on Sunday so the number of updates I can post will be minimized in the next few weeks.

Anyone know how to fix an "Operating System Not Found" error for an HP laptop dv9000 series operating on Windows Vista?
Actually, I believe Riske has indeed turned pro. There was some chatter about that in Team USA sub-forum

tennisbuddy12 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28th, 2009, 01:37 AM   #34
Tennisace

Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold

Ah I meant to say that Riske had turned pro. Also Mallory Cecil has turned pro.
Old Aug 28th, 2009, 04:43 AM   #35
country flag gouci

gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all

Thanks for the scoop Tennisace.

The US Open is a popular tournament for players to turn pro cuz:
Losing in the 1st round of singles main draw pays out $19,000.
Losing in the 1st round of doubles main draw pays out $10,000.
Old Aug 28th, 2009, 05:06 AM   #36
Tennisace

Quote:
Originally Posted by gouci View Post
Thanks for the scoop Tennisace.

The US Open is a popular tournament for players to turn pro cuz:
Losing in the 1st round of singles main draw pays out $19,000.
Losing in the 1st round of doubles main draw pays out $10,000.
Don't forget mixed doubles.
Old Aug 28th, 2009, 03:14 PM   #37
country flag tucker1989

tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, just read this about Cecil

http://www.goduke.com/ViewArticle.db...CLID=204782736

I think she probably should have given college tennis at least one more year, but I hope she is successful on the pro circuit
tucker1989 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28th, 2009, 06:55 PM   #38
country flag form

form has disabled reputation

Cecil starts $98,000 in the hole... she just gave that up in free education plus housing that she was receiving on full ride.

Let me know when she gets past $100K plus her new expenses
form is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28th, 2009, 07:24 PM   #39
country flag gouci

Quote:
Originally Posted by form View Post
Cecil starts $98,000 in the hole... she just gave that up in free education plus housing that she was receiving on full ride.
How did you come up with 98k?

The Out of State cost to attend Duke for tuition, fees, room & board is about $49,000 per year. Cecil has 3 years left so that education total is $147,000.

After someone wins the NCAA singles tournament I don't have a problem with them turning pro to pursue their dream. Although not having a degree closes the door in being a future college tennis head coach.
Old Aug 29th, 2009, 12:13 AM   #40
country flag form

form has disabled reputation

Thought she was a junior.. my bad

Gotta disagree with you... making $147,000 plus her living expenses now so call it $200K over next 3 years ... take a look and see how many make that?

While you could continue getting education and playing tour in summer, winter holiday...

Bad choice... but we can argue that 3 years from now when we see what her total income is then... and what her future earning power will be after she turns 28 and her career is nearing an end
form is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10th, 2009, 08:20 AM   #41
country flag gouci

Re: Updates

9/9/09

- Melanie Oudin improved her WTA ranking from #70 to #67. She may break into the top 50 next time with her US Open run. She improved her WTA doubles ranking from #366 to #293.

- Coco Vandeweghe improved her WTA ranking from #341 to #338.

- Julia Cohen improved her WTA ranking from #351 to #298.

- Julie Coin improved her WTA doubles ranking from #104 to #98.
Old Sep 10th, 2009, 06:49 PM   #42
country flag gouci

Melanie Oudin

From the LA Times

Hours after the 17-year-old finished her dramatic run to the quarterfinals of the U.S. Open tennis tournament Wednesday night, Sports Illustrated reported on its website, SI.com, that Oudin's father was divorcing her mother on the grounds that her mother had had an affair with her coach.

SI.com article

LA Times article
Old Sep 19th, 2009, 10:41 PM   #43
country flag gouci

Re: Turned professional club

9/19/09

- Whitney Jones is added to the turned pro club. She turned pro in 2003 at age 16 and belongs to the HS class of 2003.

Last edited by gouci : Sep 27th, 2009 at 05:04 AM.
Old Sep 22nd, 2009, 12:48 PM   #44
country flag gouci

Re: Turned professional club

9/22/09

- Brie Whitehead is added to the turned pro club. She turned pro in 2006 at age 17 and belongs to the HS class of 2007.

Last edited by gouci : Sep 27th, 2009 at 05:03 AM.
Old Sep 27th, 2009, 05:00 AM   #45
country flag gouci

9/26/09

- Lindsey Jones of Louisville is added to tried the pros club. She had a WTA ranking high of #1068 and belongs to the HS Class of 2006.