Maria s ranking. - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 22nd, 2009, 11:19 AM   #31
country flag Feyd

Feyd has a brilliant future Feyd has a brilliant future Feyd has a brilliant future Feyd has a brilliant future Feyd has a brilliant future Feyd has a brilliant future Feyd has a brilliant future Feyd has a brilliant future Feyd has a brilliant future Feyd has a brilliant future Feyd has a brilliant future
Re: Maria s ranking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyna View Post
Right now she actually has two missed GS since she also couldn't play US Open 2008.
Yeah you are right. That 13th tourney in 52 week ranking is USO 2008 not YEC 2008 then.
Feyd is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 22nd, 2009, 11:34 AM   #32
country flag Mikey B

Mikey B has much to be proud of Mikey B has much to be proud of Mikey B has much to be proud of Mikey B has much to be proud of Mikey B has much to be proud of Mikey B has much to be proud of Mikey B has much to be proud of Mikey B has much to be proud of Mikey B has much to be proud of Mikey B has much to be proud of Mikey B has much to be proud of

i dont know if i want maria to be seeded for the us open... imagine if she draws someone like jj or elena, or even dinara in the first round, she could take them out and then take their draw! whereas as a top 32 seed, she'll be forced to play a top seed in the third round no matter what! but i always say draws dont matter, if she's going to win the slam she can beat anyone...
Mikey B is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22nd, 2009, 04:18 PM   #33
country flag Mike_from_Russia
Premium member

Mike_from_Russia is a splendid one to behold Mike_from_Russia is a splendid one to behold Mike_from_Russia is a splendid one to behold Mike_from_Russia is a splendid one to behold Mike_from_Russia is a splendid one to behold Mike_from_Russia is a splendid one to behold Mike_from_Russia is a splendid one to behold Mike_from_Russia is a splendid one to behold Mike_from_Russia is a splendid one to behold Mike_from_Russia is a splendid one to behold Mike_from_Russia is a splendid one to behold

One match away from seeding @ USO! I think this is good if she will be seeded.
Mike_from_Russia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22nd, 2009, 05:10 PM   #34
country flag nelsondan

nelsondan has a brilliant future nelsondan has a brilliant future nelsondan has a brilliant future nelsondan has a brilliant future nelsondan has a brilliant future nelsondan has a brilliant future nelsondan has a brilliant future nelsondan has a brilliant future nelsondan has a brilliant future nelsondan has a brilliant future nelsondan has a brilliant future

6 of 1, half a dozen of the other. If she wins Toronto, she could have a bad day against a lesser player---if
her serve is off, she is essentially playing against herself---and if she beats a top player in an early round, it could give her momentum for the rest of the tournament. Winning Toronto, would make her more of a target for everybody to knock off.

But she seems so focused, and constantly improving and correcting her problems---I think winning Toronto is very much
the best way to go.
nelsondan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23rd, 2009, 03:29 AM   #35
country flag Alizé Molik
Championne de Wimbledon 2013

Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute

wether she wins or not, she's #30 already so a seeding is assured. Perhaps you could argue that not being seeded could have helped her to, but at the end of the day she wasn't going to be out of the top 30 for very long anyway.
Old Aug 23rd, 2009, 05:20 AM   #36
country flag Maria Croft

Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute

Already seeded for a slam, the only slam this year she wasn't seeded for is Roland Garros

Wimbledon 04 US Open 06
Australian Open 08 Roland Garros 2012
0013..Eternal follower of the Golden Girl
Maria Croft is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23rd, 2009, 07:57 AM   #37
country flag Mike_from_Russia
Premium member

Mike_from_Russia is a splendid one to behold Mike_from_Russia is a splendid one to behold Mike_from_Russia is a splendid one to behold Mike_from_Russia is a splendid one to behold Mike_from_Russia is a splendid one to behold Mike_from_Russia is a splendid one to behold Mike_from_Russia is a splendid one to behold Mike_from_Russia is a splendid one to behold Mike_from_Russia is a splendid one to behold Mike_from_Russia is a splendid one to behold Mike_from_Russia is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summon View Post
Already seeded for a slam, the only slam this year she wasn't seeded for is Roland Garros
Yeah, really, only at RG she wasn't seeded.
From 49th to 30th place. Not bad!
Mike_from_Russia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24th, 2009, 03:18 PM   #38
Vodkapova
#CareerSlamPova

Vodkapova has a reputation beyond repute Vodkapova has a reputation beyond repute Vodkapova has a reputation beyond repute Vodkapova has a reputation beyond repute Vodkapova has a reputation beyond repute Vodkapova has a reputation beyond repute Vodkapova has a reputation beyond repute Vodkapova has a reputation beyond repute Vodkapova has a reputation beyond repute Vodkapova has a reputation beyond repute Vodkapova has a reputation beyond repute

Somebody please let me know, when is the U.S. Open points from last year coming off? Is it coming off before the tournament like those other previous tournaments? Or since U.S. Open is after the Olympics, points won't come off before the tournament starts? Because if it comes off before the tournament starts, Maria's ranking would rise higher considering the other girls' points will come off. But I guess not, since Olympics is before the U.S. Open last year?

Anyway, Maria is now #19 on the Race to the Sony Ericsson Championships despite missing half of 2009, she's doing me proud. She would have been like #14 or #15 if she would have won, but anyway, she has all the chance to qualify for Doha if there are solid performances in U.S. Open, Tokyo, and Beijing (wish she would have played Moscow). She can earn a maximum of about 3900 points in these three tournaments, she only needs maybe about 2000-something points to qualify right now.

Come on Maria, you can do it.
Vodkapova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24th, 2009, 09:08 PM   #39
country flag rucolo

rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute

Because of Toronto Final Maria climbs ranks up!

From #49 to #30!
(Ranking #30 from 14 tournaments, 1720 points.)

Teerin: Imo it`s impossible for Maria to qualify for Doha Championships.
Maria simply missed too many tournaments this year and her serve is still a weakness.

Good Luck
Serena Williams Maria Sharapova Jelena Jankovic
A. Radwanska V. Zvonareva C. Wozniacki N. Petrova M. Hingis
T. Paszek A. Chakvetadze K. Sprem J. Dokic I. Tulyaganova A. Myskina
GNTM 2014 !
rucolo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24th, 2009, 09:18 PM   #40
Vodkapova
#CareerSlamPova

Vodkapova has a reputation beyond repute Vodkapova has a reputation beyond repute Vodkapova has a reputation beyond repute Vodkapova has a reputation beyond repute Vodkapova has a reputation beyond repute Vodkapova has a reputation beyond repute Vodkapova has a reputation beyond repute Vodkapova has a reputation beyond repute Vodkapova has a reputation beyond repute Vodkapova has a reputation beyond repute Vodkapova has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rucolo View Post
Because of Toronto Final Maria climbs ranks up!

From #49 to #30!
(Ranking #30 from 14 tournaments, 1720 points.)

Teerin: Imo it`s impossible for Maria to qualify for Doha Championships.
Maria simply missed too many tournaments this year and her serve is still a weakness.
But still, it is not impossible, don't use that word. We know Maria is capable of doing anything.
Vodkapova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24th, 2009, 09:52 PM   #41
country flag rucolo

rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teerin View Post
But still, it is not impossible, don't use that word. We know Maria is capable of doing anything.
Yes, but NOT with this serve and Maria missed A LOT. I think we should stay realistic.
We will talk again when Doha Championships are played.

Good Luck
Serena Williams Maria Sharapova Jelena Jankovic
A. Radwanska V. Zvonareva C. Wozniacki N. Petrova M. Hingis
T. Paszek A. Chakvetadze K. Sprem J. Dokic I. Tulyaganova A. Myskina
GNTM 2014 !
rucolo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25th, 2009, 12:50 AM   #42
country flag Izzie.

Izzie. is a name known to all Izzie. is a name known to all Izzie. is a name known to all Izzie. is a name known to all Izzie. is a name known to all Izzie. is a name known to all Izzie. is a name known to all Izzie. is a name known to all Izzie. is a name known to all Izzie. is a name known to all Izzie. is a name known to all

What is required for Doha?

Congratulations on the ranking, Maria...I'm so proud

robson • petko • vika • watson • sloane
Izzie. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25th, 2009, 07:00 AM   #43
country flag Maria Croft

Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute

I don't want her to make the YEC though, why bother? Let's have her get some extra rest at the end of this season.

Wimbledon 04 US Open 06
Australian Open 08 Roland Garros 2012
0013..Eternal follower of the Golden Girl
Maria Croft is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27th, 2009, 05:51 PM   #44
country flag Shimizu Amon

Shimizu Amon has a brilliant future Shimizu Amon has a brilliant future Shimizu Amon has a brilliant future Shimizu Amon has a brilliant future Shimizu Amon has a brilliant future Shimizu Amon has a brilliant future Shimizu Amon has a brilliant future Shimizu Amon has a brilliant future Shimizu Amon has a brilliant future Shimizu Amon has a brilliant future Shimizu Amon has a brilliant future

She's doing amazing in the rankings. Just look at it, with only 14 tournaments she made it to 30. She's truly one of the best players of the world. Hope she gets back in the top 10 quickly. It's simply were she belongs.

4452... Eternal follower of the Golden Girl
Maria's Official Slayer of the Maria Mafia

Devoted to Maria Sharapova, Mary Pierce and Steffi Graf
Shimizu Amon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27th, 2009, 07:15 PM   #45
country flag perseus2006
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute

Pova enters the USO with 1720 Points, Rank 30, Race 19, with no points being defended.
Here is what could happen:

Code:
Round       1       2       3      4       Q      SF      FNL     WIN
Points    1725    1820    1880   2000    2220    2620    3120    3720
"Rank"      30      27      25     22      19      16      14      10
"Race"      19      17      16     16      14      10       8       8
The Rank and Race positions are taken from the current lists which will change based on USO performance of all the players but it is an indication of what can happen. The Race being more optimistic than the Rank.

Note that getting to the Final will get Pova into, or atleast very close to getting into, the YEC.

A Win could get her back to the Top 10!!!

Last edited by perseus2006 : Aug 27th, 2009 at 07:21 PM.
perseus2006 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote