Your Worst Tennis Loss - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 24th, 2009, 07:56 PM   #1
country flag Keegan

Keegan has a reputation beyond repute Keegan has a reputation beyond repute Keegan has a reputation beyond repute Keegan has a reputation beyond repute Keegan has a reputation beyond repute Keegan has a reputation beyond repute Keegan has a reputation beyond repute Keegan has a reputation beyond repute Keegan has a reputation beyond repute Keegan has a reputation beyond repute Keegan has a reputation beyond repute
Your Worst Tennis Loss

I know there's a thread about your personal tennis results, but not the worst tennis loss you've suffered. What has been your worst tennis loss so far?
Today I lost 5-7, 6-0, 6-7, 5-7. I'm still absolutely furious with myself. I had set point in the first and third set and I also served for the set in the fourth set. I also lead 5-3 in the first set, 5-4 in the third and 5-1 in the fourth.

What about oyu guys?
Wimbledon 2004
US Open 2006
Olympic Silver
Victoria Azarenka | Petra Kvitova | Angelique Kerber | Caroline Wozniacki | Serena Williams | Heather Watson | Eugenie Bouchard

Last edited by Keegan : Jun 25th, 2009 at 06:50 AM.
Keegan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 25th, 2009, 02:22 AM   #2
country flag Orbis

Orbis has a brilliant future Orbis has a brilliant future Orbis has a brilliant future Orbis has a brilliant future Orbis has a brilliant future Orbis has a brilliant future Orbis has a brilliant future Orbis has a brilliant future Orbis has a brilliant future Orbis has a brilliant future Orbis has a brilliant future
Re: Your Worst Tennis Loss

Man, it always sucks to lose having had set points.

However, my worst loss was a blowout and I lost 6-2 6-1 against someone who I always have really close matches with. It was one of those matches where you start all right and then slowly lose confidence until you can't even hit a proper groundstroke and you become some flailing, slicing, moonballing 4 year old on crack. Yeah, so I guess you never really know how bad you can play until it happens.
Orbis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25th, 2009, 03:10 AM   #3
country flag Renalicious
goatra

Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute

This is a similar thread... http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=355354

But yeah it sucks when you lose with SPs/MPs...

Since then, my worst tennis experience was probably a couple of months ago when I played this higher ranked guy, and it was really a big deal, I was so nervous. Anyway I lost the first set after being up 4-2, (6-4) and then lost the second set after having 2SPs at 5-3 . I've never choked so much in my life. One set point was just a sitter for the return to my backhand and it came off the frame and flew backwards over my head, over the fence.

serena, jankovic, venus, na, hsieh, date-krumm, jovanovski
makarova, diatchenko, halep, goerges and kvitova

My Youtube Channel
Renalicious is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25th, 2009, 06:54 AM   #4
country flag Keegan

Keegan has a reputation beyond repute Keegan has a reputation beyond repute Keegan has a reputation beyond repute Keegan has a reputation beyond repute Keegan has a reputation beyond repute Keegan has a reputation beyond repute Keegan has a reputation beyond repute Keegan has a reputation beyond repute Keegan has a reputation beyond repute Keegan has a reputation beyond repute Keegan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renalicious View Post
This is a similar thread... http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=355354

But yeah it sucks when you lose with SPs/MPs...

Since then, my worst tennis experience was probably a couple of months ago when I played this higher ranked guy, and it was really a big deal, I was so nervous. Anyway I lost the first set after being up 4-2, (6-4) and then lost the second set after having 2SPs at 5-3 . I've never choked so much in my life. One set point was just a sitter for the return to my backhand and it came off the frame and flew backwards over my head, over the fence.
Thanks for informing me.

I hate it when the ball doesn't hit the right part of the racquet. It makes me think that racquets should actually be the size of the court
Wimbledon 2004
US Open 2006
Olympic Silver
Victoria Azarenka | Petra Kvitova | Angelique Kerber | Caroline Wozniacki | Serena Williams | Heather Watson | Eugenie Bouchard
Old Aug 2nd, 2009, 12:09 AM   #5
country flag Jarl_02

Jarl_02 has much to be proud of Jarl_02 has much to be proud of Jarl_02 has much to be proud of Jarl_02 has much to be proud of Jarl_02 has much to be proud of Jarl_02 has much to be proud of Jarl_02 has much to be proud of Jarl_02 has much to be proud of Jarl_02 has much to be proud of Jarl_02 has much to be proud of Jarl_02 has much to be proud of

This year I lost for the first time 60 60 (and I have lost twice with that scores) At least the first time it was against Venezuelan 9th player under-18 and the second time I lost against a very good player, so I wouldn't say those have been my worst losses.

In another tournament I lost 26 76 61, I served for the match at 6-5 in the second and I couldn't close it out that would be one and another I think of was a match where I lost 76 76 I served 5-4 and 6-5 in the first set and served 6-5 in the second set
Jarl_02 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2nd, 2009, 03:50 PM   #6
Petkorazzi

Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute

Worst tennis loss should probably be when you played the worst match ever, but since everyone writing about having SPs and stuff, then here it goes.

I lost 3-6 6-7 (6).

It was the first tourney of the season after a 5 month break. I was really looking forward to it and I started literally on fire. I was hitting winner after winner, the opponent would own me before so he was really shocked. At the 3-0 changover, he stayed walking around with his towel for like 3 minutes if not more. How pathetic. I thought that would destroy my rhythm, but actually I went uo 40-0 in the next game. At that point, he started pushing with top spin balls, almost moonballs. 3-0 40-0, 3-1 40-15 --> 3-6. He kept on pushing but I really pumped myself up on the set changeover in the locker. We held on till 3-2 on serve when I broke his serve finally. Made it 4-2 30-0, got broken with 4 impatinent shots. Then I went up *54, *65 30-0 (I always choke that score) and a 5-3 lead in that tiebreak. I really feel that if I had won this match, my season would have been really good. Instead, I fell in a huge slump and just got out of it in June. It hurts everytime I remember.
Petkorazzi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8th, 2009, 01:39 AM   #7
country flag the jamierbelyea
I did it for the aesthetics.

the jamierbelyea has a reputation beyond repute the jamierbelyea has a reputation beyond repute the jamierbelyea has a reputation beyond repute the jamierbelyea has a reputation beyond repute the jamierbelyea has a reputation beyond repute the jamierbelyea has a reputation beyond repute the jamierbelyea has a reputation beyond repute the jamierbelyea has a reputation beyond repute the jamierbelyea has a reputation beyond repute the jamierbelyea has a reputation beyond repute the jamierbelyea has a reputation beyond repute

Actually my worst losses are a combination of losses I had in high school. My sophomore year I was expected to contend for a singles spot (in my state it worked as 3 singles matches, and 2 double matches with no players playing more then once). I had played 2nd and 1st double all freshman year, and there were a lot of holes to be filled.

I was set to play a senior for 3rd singles, and he and I were very similar. We were both solid off the ground, I had more fire power, he was more consistent, I had a better serve, but his was more consistent, and he obviously had a lot more experience. Everyone thought we'd be a very even match-up, and we split practice matches the season before. He crushed me twice, 6-2, 6-1, and then 6-1, 6-0. It was tough to swallow, as I was a far more capable singles player then doubles. I would end up playing 2nd doubles all season because I really couldn't figure out the doubles game.

So putting that disapointment behind me, I was set to challenge for 3rd singles again my junior year against a different senior. My coach really wanted me at 3rd singles, and I knew I had to earn it. I was up 6-1, 5-3 serving for the match, and I ended up losing 6-1, 5-7, 6-7. I had a bunch of match points. My coach gave me a 2nd shot at the match , because I was the better player, I just needed to close out a win. I was up 4-0 in the second match, before losing 6-7, 0-6. Another year of doubles.

Senior year I was up for 1st singles, and I was playing two guys I hadn't lost to in the 2-3 years previous. First guy, I was up 6-1, 5-0, and ended up losing 6-1, 6-7, 6-7. Second guy I was again up 6-2, 4-0, and lost that one 6-2, 5-7, 5-7.

They ended up awarding me 1st singles anyway since I was captain and a senior. Closing out matches has been my biggest problem in all my matches my entire tennis life. :/
the jamierbelyea is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8th, 2009, 09:05 AM   #8
country flag The Witch-king

The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute

61 50 omg... Poor child.
The Witch-king is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9th, 2009, 02:14 AM   #9
country flag the jamierbelyea
I did it for the aesthetics.

the jamierbelyea has a reputation beyond repute the jamierbelyea has a reputation beyond repute the jamierbelyea has a reputation beyond repute the jamierbelyea has a reputation beyond repute the jamierbelyea has a reputation beyond repute the jamierbelyea has a reputation beyond repute the jamierbelyea has a reputation beyond repute the jamierbelyea has a reputation beyond repute the jamierbelyea has a reputation beyond repute the jamierbelyea has a reputation beyond repute the jamierbelyea has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oryem View Post
61 50 omg... Poor child.
I don't think you'd ever see a more tentative player in that game. Then from what I can recollect, or at least guess from what I have done in the past years, I woulda spent the next three games pissed and overhitting. Then at 5-4 buckle down to play a real game, but just happen not to win it. It sucks to be a chokerrrr
the jamierbelyea is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19th, 2009, 04:56 PM   #10
country flag Keegan

6-1, 5-0 must've sucked so badly, I think I would've cried haha.

Yesterday I played a match, and I won, but I was 5-1 up and had match points at 5-2. Before I knew it, my opponent was 5-0 up in the tiebreaker in the third set. Fortunately, my serve did not let me down like it usually does and I won the last seven points. So it was really my opponents worst loss, especially considering I'm suffering from a back and tibia injury, mwahaha .
Wimbledon 2004
US Open 2006
Olympic Silver
Old Aug 22nd, 2009, 11:34 PM   #11
country flag mojoo999

mojoo999 is an unknown quantity at this point

5-0, 5-0