Toronto QF's on TV - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 21st, 2009, 02:50 PM   #1
country flag perseus2006
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute
Toronto QF's on TV

Just checked to see the start times for the Toronto QF matches on TTC and ESPN2. Here's what I found:

None of them are live!

TTC is carrying, evidently, the afternoon matches in two hour windows starting at:

5:00 PM Rogers Cup : Singles Quarterfinal (DELAY).
7:00 PM Rogers Cup : Singles Quarterfinal (DELAY).

ESPN2 is carrying the evening matches in a two hour window starting at 12:30AM EDT. The way I interpret this is that they will show only part of each evening match?!?

When I did this for the LA tournament, some posters showed me that I was wrong and provided the real schedules. Please show me I am wrong again!!!

I just cannot believe the WTA can operate this poorly.
perseus2006 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 21st, 2009, 02:52 PM   #2
country flag In The Zone
it's serena, bitch.

In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Toronto QF's on TV

It's difficult because the Men's event in Cincinnati is in the same time zone. The USO Series refuses to air two tournaments at the same time, competing with one another. Like last week, the Men's event gets priority.
In The Zone is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21st, 2009, 04:22 PM   #3
country flag Kipling
Kaptain of Kool

Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by perseus2006 View Post
ESPN2 is carrying the evening matches in a two hour window starting at 12:30AM EDT. The way I interpret this is that they will show only part of each evening match?!?

I don't read it that way. Sounds like TTC has the afternoon matches and ESPN2 will air whichever night match turns out to be more compelling. ESPN/TTC is not obligated to show all 4 quarters. In fact, that almost never happens. OTOH, it wouldn't surprise me, given the schedule, if ESPN or TTC interrupts regular programming to add the 4th QF. TTC, in particular, doesn't seem too glued to their broadcast schedule.

AravaneCaravan's tennis blog: http://thearavanecaravan.wordpress.com
'
Kipling is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21st, 2009, 05:09 PM   #4
country flag MBM
@markmcgee91

MBM has a reputation beyond repute MBM has a reputation beyond repute MBM has a reputation beyond repute MBM has a reputation beyond repute MBM has a reputation beyond repute MBM has a reputation beyond repute MBM has a reputation beyond repute MBM has a reputation beyond repute MBM has a reputation beyond repute MBM has a reputation beyond repute MBM has a reputation beyond repute

eurosport player are showing 3 matches... but it doesn't say which one they're skipping...eek! Dementieva and Stosur are up as the "Upcoming Match", so that's 1/3
MBM is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21st, 2009, 06:54 PM   #5
country flag Leo_DFP

Leo_DFP has a reputation beyond repute Leo_DFP has a reputation beyond repute Leo_DFP has a reputation beyond repute Leo_DFP has a reputation beyond repute Leo_DFP has a reputation beyond repute Leo_DFP has a reputation beyond repute Leo_DFP has a reputation beyond repute Leo_DFP has a reputation beyond repute Leo_DFP has a reputation beyond repute Leo_DFP has a reputation beyond repute Leo_DFP has a reputation beyond repute

ESPN just confirmed the obvious: will show Sharapova vs. Radwanska tonight.
Leo_DFP is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote