Nutty meets nutty JJ.. my "JJ in Cincy" thread - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 15th, 2009, 01:51 PM   #31
country flag ms_nut

ms_nut has a reputation beyond repute ms_nut has a reputation beyond repute ms_nut has a reputation beyond repute ms_nut has a reputation beyond repute ms_nut has a reputation beyond repute ms_nut has a reputation beyond repute ms_nut has a reputation beyond repute ms_nut has a reputation beyond repute ms_nut has a reputation beyond repute ms_nut has a reputation beyond repute ms_nut has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Nutty meets nutty JJ.. my "JJ in Cincy" thread

A few more JJ pics:

And this one was taken as JJ was signing my T-shirt.. she was smiling as she did it.. (i cut out the nape of my neck from the pic..)

ms_nut is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 15th, 2009, 03:46 PM   #32
country flag ms_nut

ms_nut has a reputation beyond repute ms_nut has a reputation beyond repute ms_nut has a reputation beyond repute ms_nut has a reputation beyond repute ms_nut has a reputation beyond repute ms_nut has a reputation beyond repute ms_nut has a reputation beyond repute ms_nut has a reputation beyond repute ms_nut has a reputation beyond repute ms_nut has a reputation beyond repute ms_nut has a reputation beyond repute

No JJ thread is ever complete without a reference to Ana.... this is dedicated to our very own Ana lovers Ma,Zoja and Alex...

I did go to Ana's match on Wednesday.. the girl just couldn't get her serve in working order... it seems like the rest of her game is fine as long as she serves well.. her FH wasn't clicking fully, but she moved well and was always trying to come to net. She did hit some fantastic dropshots though. The crowd was pro-Ana... they booed the umpire when Ana threw a hissy fit after a passing shot from Czink was called good..i couldn't help feeling sorry for the girl at the end...
Old Aug 15th, 2009, 03:57 PM   #33
дalex

дalex has a reputation beyond repute дalex has a reputation beyond repute дalex has a reputation beyond repute дalex has a reputation beyond repute дalex has a reputation beyond repute дalex has a reputation beyond repute дalex has a reputation beyond repute дalex has a reputation beyond repute дalex has a reputation beyond repute дalex has a reputation beyond repute дalex has a reputation beyond repute

Sad Anci...

I've heard she developed a new Bartoli like service motion. How does that look?
Old Aug 15th, 2009, 04:56 PM   #34
country flag ms_nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by дalex View Post
Sad Anci...

I've heard she developed a new Bartoli like service motion. How does that look?
I didn't notice it.. i was paying more attention to Czink though, cos i've never seen her play before..

She was still having trouble with her toss at times.. her serve was pretty potent when it actually went in.... her motion still seems much more fluid than that of Bartoli's..
Old Aug 15th, 2009, 06:12 PM   #35
country flag Snex

Snex has a reputation beyond repute Snex has a reputation beyond repute Snex has a reputation beyond repute Snex has a reputation beyond repute Snex has a reputation beyond repute Snex has a reputation beyond repute Snex has a reputation beyond repute Snex has a reputation beyond repute Snex has a reputation beyond repute Snex has a reputation beyond repute Snex has a reputation beyond repute

This thread is great, Nutty!!!

Poor Anci...
Snex is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16th, 2009, 03:30 AM   #36
country flag ms_nut

These are all the emotions i went through during the match.. i'm sure all you guys saw it, so i'm not going to waste time going into the details.. I waited for a few minutes after JJ won, but she didn't come outside to jog, so i decided to go home.. i am so mentally exhausted..

There were some amazing comments from JJ during the match though.. maybe i'll try to remember them tomorrow...

It was an electric atmosphere though.. the crowd loved the drama and tension, there was some decent tennis that was played during the match.. it wasn't the worst match of 2009 like people in GM are making it out to be..

Last edited by ms_nut : Aug 16th, 2009 at 03:50 AM.
Old Aug 17th, 2009, 02:27 AM   #37
country flag oleada

oleada has a brilliant future oleada has a brilliant future oleada has a brilliant future oleada has a brilliant future oleada has a brilliant future oleada has a brilliant future oleada has a brilliant future oleada has a brilliant future oleada has a brilliant future oleada has a brilliant future oleada has a brilliant future

Amaze thread, ms nut!
Old Aug 17th, 2009, 11:29 AM   #38
country flag ms_nut

^ Thanks.. i'll try to put up some of the pics of JJ from the final , sometime today.
Old Aug 17th, 2009, 01:44 PM   #39
country flag Oneofakind0490

Oneofakind0490 has a reputation beyond repute Oneofakind0490 has a reputation beyond repute Oneofakind0490 has a reputation beyond repute Oneofakind0490 has a reputation beyond repute Oneofakind0490 has a reputation beyond repute Oneofakind0490 has a reputation beyond repute Oneofakind0490 has a reputation beyond repute Oneofakind0490 has a reputation beyond repute Oneofakind0490 has a reputation beyond repute Oneofakind0490 has a reputation beyond repute Oneofakind0490 has a reputation beyond repute

She mentioned a shirt with her picture on it in her interview. I bet it was yours

+Serena Williams+Mary Pierce+Christina McHale+
Oneofakind0490 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17th, 2009, 04:49 PM   #40
country flag ms_nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oneofakind0490 View Post
She mentioned a shirt with her picture on it in her interview. I bet it was yours
I think so too.. i didn't see anyone else wearing a T-shirt with her picture.. someone from the local papers also mentioned that..

I'm working in Emergency Medicine the next two weeks ,and i'm working till 11:00 pm tonight, but when i get back, or maybe tomorrow, i'll wrap up my reports.. i got a ton of pics too.. so hopefully they came out well...
Old Aug 17th, 2009, 05:56 PM   #41
country flag Princeza
Donna DOnna DOonnaaa

Princeza has a reputation beyond repute Princeza has a reputation beyond repute Princeza has a reputation beyond repute Princeza has a reputation beyond repute Princeza has a reputation beyond repute Princeza has a reputation beyond repute Princeza has a reputation beyond repute Princeza has a reputation beyond repute Princeza has a reputation beyond repute Princeza has a reputation beyond repute Princeza has a reputation beyond repute

You stalked her and she won. You need to follow her all year long now. Thanks.
Old Aug 17th, 2009, 07:02 PM   #42
country flag Lady croissant

Lady croissant is a glorious beacon of light Lady croissant is a glorious beacon of light Lady croissant is a glorious beacon of light Lady croissant is a glorious beacon of light Lady croissant is a glorious beacon of light Lady croissant is a glorious beacon of light Lady croissant is a glorious beacon of light Lady croissant is a glorious beacon of light Lady croissant is a glorious beacon of light Lady croissant is a glorious beacon of light Lady croissant is a glorious beacon of light

Awesome reportage ms nut!

And I second Princeza's idea. You should start JJ-Block! Without homophobia and bigotry and general douchebaggery, of course.
Lady croissant is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17th, 2009, 07:09 PM   #43
country flag MaBaker
★Serbian Sensation★

MaBaker has a reputation beyond repute MaBaker has a reputation beyond repute MaBaker has a reputation beyond repute MaBaker has a reputation beyond repute MaBaker has a reputation beyond repute MaBaker has a reputation beyond repute MaBaker has a reputation beyond repute MaBaker has a reputation beyond repute MaBaker has a reputation beyond repute MaBaker has a reputation beyond repute MaBaker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms_nut View Post
I think so too.. i didn't see anyone else wearing a T-shirt with her picture.. someone from the local papers also mentioned that..
WTA final shirt, I hope, no ?
MaBaker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28th, 2009, 09:48 PM   #44
country flag ms_nut

I know it's a little late to be posting my Final day in Cincy, but for the sake of closure, here goes:

I was really nervous going to the final on Sunday. I was preparing myself for the inevitable.. a drubbing... little did i know who would actually end up doing it..

As we walked across the parking lot, we came across a car with Safina's name on it...

So the rumors are true then.. Safina does have a fan or two lurking out there...... The car had a "Wisconsin" plate on it. Someone actually drove from Wisconsin to support Safina.. pretty impressive.

This was actually nothing compared to the support JJ received... she had Serbian fans everywhere.. it was like they were crawling out of the woodwork...I later found out that some of them had driven all the way from Chicago to watch darling Jeca.. (impressive considering she was the favorite to "lose" today).

A JJ fan at the end of the match sits in disbelief as she digests the fact that her favorite actually won..
(our very own Zoja perhaps)

The match began in typical JJ fashion. Dinara held to love and then JJ squandered 2 GPs and had to save a BP before holding serve. After that hiccup though, it was one way traffic pretty much the entire way. JJ held with ease and cruised through much of set 1. She had a small blip in set 2 where she choked away a 3-0 lead, but righted the ship quickly.

I feel bad that i haven't really talked about JJ's tennis game a lot in the blog, so i'll just mention a few things from my perspective about JJ's game. Her movement for the most part seems to be back. She can scurry around the court like a rabbit in heat at times. Her game was pretty consistent over the entire week. (except for maybe the SF, but it's JJ what do you expect.. perfection?). Her BH DTL is potent and she was able to put some pace on it to finish points quickly.

One thing that really impressed me was her BH slice.. it was magnificent... this is something in JJ's arsenal that she should use more often..her singlehanded BH dropshot has been missing for so long, it seems to be back now.. (even if it's just once in a match). Her BH volley technique is perfect.. it's just that she doesn't move up to the net well.. vertical movement is JJ's weakness right now... Also, she's stopped attacking and moving up to the net.. for the most part JJ was content staying at the baseline.. This girl used to be fearless and charge the net so often a few years ago, it looks like she's regressed now. I'm sure that's something she's aware of and will be working on getting her "net confidence" back.

It was so cool to see "JJ 2009 Cincinnati Champion on the big screen"

Tennis forum resident Mabaker(?) caught screaming "Win them all"..
__________________________________________________ _________________________-

-------

JJ actually ended up making one of the CEOs carry her trophy.. talk about a diva..

Last edited by ms_nut : Aug 29th, 2009 at 03:34 PM.
Old Aug 28th, 2009, 10:09 PM   #45
country flag ms_nut

As we walked out, i noticed the engravings of past champions... i can't wait to come back next year to see JJ's effigy...

I was still milling around, because i knew JJ would be coming out soon for her jogging session:

I feel like a stalker, but since everyone is enamored of the waterpolo player, i'll add a pic of him:

Mladjo: oh no not the Cincinnati stalker again....it's bad enough having one back home (.. i.e Dalex)
--------------

I spotted a Serbian fan dancing around as she wrapped the Serbian flag around herself.. if i didn't know any better i'd say it was JJ-wannabe MaBaker..

----------

It was so nice to leave the tournament knowing JJ had won.. i was on a high the rest of the week (until she lost to Cakes2.0.. aka Alisha )

I had to take a pic of the score board.. unfortunately, they hadn't updated it yet...

---------

Just some more pics from the tournament site.. i didn't realize that this tournament in Cincinnati began in 1899..

-----

I didn't realize that the water fountain had the statue of a tennis girl: ( they turned off the fountain as the day was winding down)

-----

All i can say is that this will be something i'll remember for the rest of my life...I not only got to see my tennis love play, i also got to see her win and hold the trophy up.. sigh.. what a perfect way to begin the 1st ever Premier WTA event in Cincinnati.. i can't wait for next year.......

-----