Helpppppp!!! Tennis Question!!! - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 8th, 2009, 01:02 AM   #1
country flag VeeJJ
Flawless

VeeJJ has a reputation beyond repute VeeJJ has a reputation beyond repute VeeJJ has a reputation beyond repute VeeJJ has a reputation beyond repute VeeJJ has a reputation beyond repute VeeJJ has a reputation beyond repute VeeJJ has a reputation beyond repute VeeJJ has a reputation beyond repute VeeJJ has a reputation beyond repute VeeJJ has a reputation beyond repute VeeJJ has a reputation beyond repute
Helpppppp!!! Tennis Question!!!

I'm and active junior playing tourntaments and I just have a question for you guys hoping that someone here can help me. My tourntaments are 2 day tourney's with 5 rounds total. We get an hour to hour an a half rest time between matches. What foods are good for me to eat after a match leading into a second match an hour later. What will recharge my energy well and keep me from playing a tired match?

Thanks So much

Victoria Azarenka ~ Venus Williams
Maria Kirilenko ~ Petra Kvitova
VeeJJ is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 8th, 2009, 01:18 AM   #2
country flag Boomguy

Boomguy is a name known to all Boomguy is a name known to all Boomguy is a name known to all Boomguy is a name known to all Boomguy is a name known to all Boomguy is a name known to all Boomguy is a name known to all Boomguy is a name known to all Boomguy is a name known to all Boomguy is a name known to all Boomguy is a name known to all
Re: Helpppppp!!! Tennis Question!!!

Small carby meals like pasta or rice so it can slowly burn energy, add a bit of meat to recharge the muscles. Have abit of sugar preferably fruit, just before the matches, so you can have an instant energy while the carbs can settle in for the rest of the match.

Remember to stretch after the matches and warm up and cool down to prevent injuries

All the information you need about womens tennis

All Sam Stosur Fans please visit www.samstosur.com
Boomguy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8th, 2009, 01:22 AM   #3
country flag VeeJJ
Flawless

VeeJJ has a reputation beyond repute VeeJJ has a reputation beyond repute VeeJJ has a reputation beyond repute VeeJJ has a reputation beyond repute VeeJJ has a reputation beyond repute VeeJJ has a reputation beyond repute VeeJJ has a reputation beyond repute VeeJJ has a reputation beyond repute VeeJJ has a reputation beyond repute VeeJJ has a reputation beyond repute VeeJJ has a reputation beyond repute

i can't have a 3 course dinner inbetween matches..... i only have an hour to work with here

Old Aug 8th, 2009, 01:23 AM   #4
country flag Uranium
Dubai Love

Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute

I don't like to eat before matches, I just drink gatorade a lot.

Uranium is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8th, 2009, 01:28 AM   #5
country flag Boomguy

Boomguy is a name known to all Boomguy is a name known to all Boomguy is a name known to all Boomguy is a name known to all Boomguy is a name known to all Boomguy is a name known to all Boomguy is a name known to all Boomguy is a name known to all Boomguy is a name known to all Boomguy is a name known to all Boomguy is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistacrinkle65 View Post
i can't have a 3 course dinner inbetween matches..... i only have an hour to work with here
of course your not having a big meal betweeen matches, but have small portions because you only have an hour.

Old Aug 8th, 2009, 01:30 AM   #6
country flag VeeJJ
Flawless

how do u expect me to have small portions of meat and such on hand then. lol...

Old Aug 8th, 2009, 01:31 AM   #7
country flag drivevolley

drivevolley is a glorious beacon of light drivevolley is a glorious beacon of light drivevolley is a glorious beacon of light drivevolley is a glorious beacon of light drivevolley is a glorious beacon of light drivevolley is a glorious beacon of light drivevolley is a glorious beacon of light drivevolley is a glorious beacon of light drivevolley is a glorious beacon of light drivevolley is a glorious beacon of light drivevolley is a glorious beacon of light

a bowl of pasta then a banana just before you go on the court.
Old Aug 8th, 2009, 01:31 AM   #8
country flag VeeJJ
Flawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uranium View Post
I don't like to eat before matches, I just drink gatorade a lot.
how can u not eat food? lol.... gatorade doesn't give you nearly as much energy as actual carbs would.

Old Aug 8th, 2009, 01:34 AM   #9
country flag Boomguy

Quote:
how do u expect me to have small portions of meat and such on hand then. lol...
actually u can use those protien drinks then. The ready made milky drinks in the super market

Old Aug 8th, 2009, 01:35 AM   #10
country flag darrinbaker00
Serena's #1 Hater

darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
how can u not eat food? lol.... gatorade doesn't give you nearly as much energy as actual carbs would.
Uranium just got it like that.
"He who finds a wife finds a good thing, and obtains favor from the Lord." -- Proverbs 18:22

"Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard." -- Herb Brooks

"A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life." -- Muhammad Ali
darrinbaker00 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8th, 2009, 01:36 AM   #11
country flag drake3781

drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute

Eat a can of tuna. Just eat it right out of the can even if you don't like it much.
And yes some carbs, whatever is easy to bring there but nothing greasy or salty.
drake3781 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8th, 2009, 01:37 AM   #12
country flag Boomguy

or a tin of tuna is a good protien source

Old Aug 8th, 2009, 02:00 AM   #13
country flag the jamierbelyea
I did it for the aesthetics.

the jamierbelyea has a reputation beyond repute the jamierbelyea has a reputation beyond repute the jamierbelyea has a reputation beyond repute the jamierbelyea has a reputation beyond repute the jamierbelyea has a reputation beyond repute the jamierbelyea has a reputation beyond repute the jamierbelyea has a reputation beyond repute the jamierbelyea has a reputation beyond repute the jamierbelyea has a reputation beyond repute the jamierbelyea has a reputation beyond repute the jamierbelyea has a reputation beyond repute

I have a lot of experience with this sort of thing. We would have day-long tennis tournaments as a team and we'd start at 9:00 AM and then go on until 7-8 PM, so here's what I've found works the best.

The night before carbo-load, that's true for both days. You want to make sure you have all of those carbs handy in your body. Pastas are the obvious choice, but I usually have sushi the night before if you're into that. Tuna is a good source of protein and all of the rice is pretty good carbs. It's also usually very light also, so you don't need to worry about it effecting you the next day.

Make sure you also hydrate yourself fully before you even get on court. Start hydrated and continue to have water at every change of ends. Even if you aren't thirsty, it's important to keep those fluids in your body. You don't want to start drinkin only when you feel thirsty, because that's a sign that your body needed fluids before that. Try to drink 1 or 2 bottles of water even before you head out to the court, and continue to drink as you go along. Make sure you have filled up on H20 before you start ingesting gatorade or any other type of sport drink.

Inbetween sets, or during changeovers a banana is a good fruit to eat, but any fruit is a nice thing to give you a little boost.

Inbetween your matches have small meals that have carbs and proteins. PB&J, Turkey, nuts and granola, power bars, bagels, pretzels, are all items that are good and easy to bring on a day like this.
the jamierbelyea is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote