Ani Mijacika cheering thread - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 6th, 2009, 02:20 AM   #1
country flag networthy

networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future
Ani Mijacika cheering thread

If you've been following the "Croatian women on ITF entry lists" you'll know it's time to start a cheering threed for Ani.

Ani is from Makarska and turned 22 in June. In 2005, she won $10K Dubrovnik-3 and was runner up at $10K Dubrovnik-2 in singles; she also won two $10K's in doubles. In 2006, she won $10K Makarska and $10K Zadar and was runner up at $10K Mostar in singles; she also won three $10K's in doubles.

She reached a career-high ranking of 415 in July 2006. Soon after that she stopped playing pro tournaments to attend Clemson University, in South Carolina. She just finished her junior year and has already spent six weeks as the #1 collegiate player in the U.S. This summer she is playing pro tournaments again and has compiled an 11-2 record in singles and 5-2 in doubles (including winning the $10K in Palic). After the summer she'll return to Clemson for her last year, then plans to return to Croatia and play tennis professionally.

WTA player profile:
http://www.sonyericssonwtatour.com/p...1~9894,00.html

Clemson player profile:
http://clemsontigers.cstv.com/sports...ika_ani00.html

Last edited by networthy : Sep 3rd, 2009 at 06:14 AM.
networthy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 6th, 2009, 04:58 PM   #2
country flag JURasic

JURasic is a glorious beacon of light JURasic is a glorious beacon of light JURasic is a glorious beacon of light JURasic is a glorious beacon of light JURasic is a glorious beacon of light JURasic is a glorious beacon of light JURasic is a glorious beacon of light JURasic is a glorious beacon of light JURasic is a glorious beacon of light JURasic is a glorious beacon of light JURasic is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Ani Mijacika cheering thread

In Arad (10000$), Ani defeated in R2 Cadantu, who was seventh seed and ranked #683, 6:1 6:2.
Next she'll play against Matei, fourth seed and ranked 575.

Good luck Ani

P.S. It's not nice to hear she'll make another break
JURasic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6th, 2009, 11:18 PM   #3
country flag networthy

networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future

As expected, an easy win for Ani. With this, she'll re-enter the rankings at ~840-845.

Matei could be tricky. She's ranked 585 and has had some horrible losses in the last few months but also has a career-high of 145.
Old Aug 7th, 2009, 07:46 PM   #4
country flag JURasic

JURasic is a glorious beacon of light JURasic is a glorious beacon of light JURasic is a glorious beacon of light JURasic is a glorious beacon of light JURasic is a glorious beacon of light JURasic is a glorious beacon of light JURasic is a glorious beacon of light JURasic is a glorious beacon of light JURasic is a glorious beacon of light JURasic is a glorious beacon of light JURasic is a glorious beacon of light

Ani MIJACIKA (CRO) defeated Simona-Iulia MATEI (ROU) (4) 6-2 6-2

In SF she'll play Filipovski, to whom she lost last week in the final of Palic. Hoping for better result this time GL
Old Aug 7th, 2009, 09:44 PM   #5
country flag networthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JURasic View Post
Ani MIJACIKA (CRO) defeated Simona-Iulia MATEI (ROU) (4) 6-2 6-2
Impressive score over a former top-150 player!

Mijacika is on a similar trajectory as Jelena Pandzic. In her first three comeback tournaments, Jelena got ranking 21 points. For now, Mijacika has 20 points over her first three.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JURasic View Post
In SF she'll play Filipovski, to whom she lost last week in the final of Palic. Hoping for better result this time GL
I'll go out on a limb and say that Ani will win. Remember how after losing to someone, Pandzic would almost always beat them the next time, and usually very easily?
Old Aug 7th, 2009, 10:10 PM   #6
country flag JURasic

You jinx

GL Ani
Old Aug 8th, 2009, 08:57 AM   #7
ajmo!

ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future

GL Ana!
ajmo! is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8th, 2009, 03:41 PM   #8
country flag JURasic

SE Ani MIJACIKA CRO d. (2) Aleksandra FILIPOVSKI HUN 63 63

In final she'll play against Enhache of Romania, third seed and ranked #673.

great job and GL
Old Aug 8th, 2009, 06:48 PM   #9
country flag networthy

That's great! Ani will come back as top 800. So far she's doing even better than Pandzic was at the time!
Old Aug 9th, 2009, 12:52 PM   #10
country flag Hele.

Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute

Old Aug 9th, 2009, 02:25 PM   #11
country flag JURasic

Final
SE Ani MIJACIKA CRO d. (3) Diana ENACHE ROU 61 62

Old Aug 9th, 2009, 05:50 PM   #12
country flag Hele.

Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute

Old Aug 9th, 2009, 07:04 PM   #13
ajmo!

ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future

Old Aug 9th, 2009, 08:30 PM   #14
country flag networthy

Very impressive from Ani. She's obviously too good for $10k's (just like it was obvious with Pandzic after just three tournaments). It'll be interesting to see how she does in the $25k's. Who knows, we might have a new Croatian star in the making!

Ani will re-enter the rankings at ~755. That's even higher than when Pandzic re-entered the rankings two years ago (~800, I think). It'll be good enough to get direct entry to the MD of most $10K's and qualies of many (most?) $25k's.
Old Aug 11th, 2009, 08:35 AM   #15
ajmo!

http://www.zutaloptica.com/novo-cudo-briz-makarske