Sofia Shapatava Cheering Thread - Page 7 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 2nd, 2009, 10:04 AM   #91
country flag Number 1

Number 1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Sofia Shapatava Cheering Thread

Nice to join you. It's a pity that info is missing about Sofia.

I like Sofia's style fo play and I know well her family members.
She is in excellent form- physically. It is just psychological after hard and evil pressure she had on her totally from every side at the beginning of the year. Meanwhile she has changed her coach and it needs time to reastimate her potential and possibilities which she has- obvious from her previous experience. Sad that it has begun so this year but it will go. She will play her best matches very soon.

She is a very smart and strong girl - so I'm sure she will cope it.
Good luck, Sofia !!!
Number 1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 2nd, 2009, 08:31 PM   #92
Petkorazzi

Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute

Nice to see you here, Number 1.

Well, instead of practicing with the new coach, she's in France playing tough tourneys where she is losing helplessly week after week. I know the AO disaster really set her back for some time, but it's time she bounced back. I really wouldn't like to see her have a career like Salome Devidze & Sofia Melikishvili had. They both peaked around 250 at early ages and then due to injuries/lack of devotion and stuff dropped out of top 500 or so, never got back and retired at a very young age.

Aswell, even though I haven't seen Sofia play since 2007, she was really limited game-wise then. Sure, she does hit really hard and serve some bombs every now and then, but that kind of play is enough for just the lower ranked players or the post-USSR itfs probably. She will need to develop some more variety if she intends to go further than where she is now and be a threat of going far in tourneys not only in the weak ITFs but WTAs also.

That was long btw
Petkorazzi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4th, 2009, 02:05 PM   #93
country flag Number 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stiles. View Post
Nice to see you here, Number 1.

Well, instead of practicing with the new coach, she's in France playing tough tourneys where she is losing helplessly week after week. I know the AO disaster really set her back for some time, but it's time she bounced back. I really wouldn't like to see her have a career like Salome Devidze & Sofia Melikishvili had. They both peaked around 250 at early ages and then due to injuries/lack of devotion and stuff dropped out of top 500 or so, never got back and retired at a very young age.

Aswell, even though I haven't seen Sofia play since 2007, she was really limited game-wise then. Sure, she does hit really hard and serve some bombs every now and then, but that kind of play is enough for just the lower ranked players or the post-USSR itfs probably. She will need to develop some more variety if she intends to go further than where she is now and be a threat of going far in tourneys not only in the weak ITFs but WTAs also.

That was long btw
Hi again,

Seems to me you never played tennis yourself.. And my question is whether you have been a prof. sportsman at all.
Have a look at serious profis they have same kind of "disaster" at definite periods...Don't go far- Safina- she lost 06, 16 to Venus -is it a problem ? Happens. In womens tennis, very often. Ups and downs.
Sofia never chooses "weak ITF"s...Look at the end of her 2008..She is allowed to play 4 WTAs, it is the rule and now she is gathering all herself to come back to her usual play. And BESIDES: You do not know HOW SHE PLAYS NOW. If you stand at the court, perhaps you'll stay with your jew fell down. She used to be a real profi without experience, at her 18-19 years, she never played juniors, you kidding??? She studied to play herself at the tournaments, being all alone, without a coach (!!!) it is serious claim !!!
She is excellent, she is almost perfect. She is very good while she plays. Thanks to "good people" making the blackest PR ever made to the sportsman, she feels "great" psychologically now, they reached what they wanted. Though Sofia is a brilliant and very smart personality (I have mentioned) and she will pull herself together. You don't know her at all. And why do you mention Devidze and Melikishvili here and there? They had their problems Georgian tennis players usually face- lack of care, lack of finances, lack of right management. No oen cared. It is very competitive and cruel world, TENNIS. And it is not necessary that everyone who plays becomes Number 1 in the world. They had their place and who knows what they do in future.
I love all Georgian girls and appreciate every drop of their sweat and work.
Sofia- she is tough player and she'll be back. The only thing she has to do- believe in herself like she did before.She will do that very soon, I'm sure.
Beware those, who play their favourite "weak ITF"s gaining easy scores. Sofia has never done it. Even now she does not play those 10s. Today's 25 is just for her warm-up. Next week she plays 100.
At this stage she has to play as many matches as possible. Any professional will tell you the same. And she does it. She knows better than us what to do to help herself to become one of the best players.
It is Sofia Shapatava cheering thread, so let us wish good luck to Sofia, she is worth it.
Old Jul 4th, 2009, 04:53 PM   #94
Petkorazzi

Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute

First of all, I am Georgian also so nothing would make me happier than a Georgian having success on tour, but I don't really get biased and have the highest expectations from them. I even speak to Sofia online and I find her a really good and down-to-earth person and even though this is a cheering thread, we have to face the reality which is that she is in bad form / struggling mentally and these problems are solved by training / visiting a psychologist, not playing ITF tourneys where she will probably lose easily. In these three weeks in France, she win 1 match and lost the others 06 16, 16 26 and 26 16 if I am not mistaken. I know what happened to her in the beginning of the year, and are you sure these one-sided losses do any good at all to her already low confidence? Definitely not.

Edit: And I do play tennis and participate in local tourneys here in Tbilisi and I am really open to what may be called "Low confidence".
Old Jul 4th, 2009, 06:02 PM   #95
country flag Number 1

Quote:
First of all, I am Georgian also so nothing would make me happier than a Georgian having success on tour, but I don't really get biased and have the highest expectations from them. I even speak to Sofia online and I find her a really good and down-to-earth person and even though this is a cheering thread, we have to face the reality which is that she is in bad form / struggling mentally and these problems are solved by training / visiting a psychologist, not playing ITF tourneys where she will probably lose easily. In these three weeks in France, she win 1 match and lost the others 06 16, 16 26 and 26 16 if I am not mistaken. I know what happened to her in the beginning of the year, and are you sure these one-sided losses do any good at all to her already low confidence? Definitely not.

Edit: And I do play tennis and participate in local tourneys here in Tbilisi and I am really open to what may be called "Low confidence".
Ok. you feel so self confident Come on
Definitely these losses are nothing more than losses. Do not exaggerate please. When it comes to Sofia, who trained and trains in Georgia and who has NO sponsorship (had) and up to present has not, who travels and plays matches alone, everyone expects her to be the Goddess of the tennis and shows by finger to her "losses" giggling. When she wins- it is expected and habitual.
Be fair. Loss gives the strenght to the strong person. If someone feels low if he loses- it's his business. It is not about Sofia, believe me.
She has lost previously, before she got into top 250 and this gave her strenght and will to go forward.
I know this girsl, she is NOT the kind you describe her. It is just funny the way you talk about person you don't know. Internet contact is nothign in comparison with live. I told you- go see her matches. You wil lchange your opinion.
She is VERY self-confident and these losses are very temporary. She is not an idiot to tell that she is the best- for right now. But she looks like and plays like being one of the best and it is obvious. You tell that she just hits- NOPE! she heats the place where she WANTS to put the ball. She is creating crazy combinations. She slices recently quite well, she increased her service speed.Though in oen thing you're right- she has really strong forehand. So If she hits strong, she makes clever combination,s she moves well on the court, she is smart, she is ambitious- what more do you need to be one of the best
She estimates quite well her potential- see, NOT USED YET- which will make her a good sportsman in future. And she is quite young- she is not the Bolletieri breed. She will open up, and it will be very good period for her. She will go forward slowly but for sure.
I know what I tell. There was a time she was behind everyone in Georgia. She could not play as she had No money at all to travel. Then she earned her tournaments herself, she risked all the time to do the most favourite job in her life- TENNIS- and did everything by her own hands. She is workaholic. The scores did not come to her by easy matches on far far tournaments with lucky drawsheets. Sofia earned them. And she wil lreturn all she lost. So it was last year, when she lost scores and played Tashkent main draw. One game pushed her forwards.
The main thing about her it is that Sofia is unpredictable. She is just wonderful. you can predict others but even those who know ehr very closely can not predict what she does. Big part of those she played/won last year tough matches are today in top 100. It is very high showing. If you do not see it, you are unfair and you are not professional. This year losses- last year she would eat up every match she lost this year. But this is tennis. They say- no oen is sure about how the ball falls. so don't be sure Sofia has a problem. I even suppose she is making it intendedly to come up all at once.
Who knows?
Old Jul 4th, 2009, 06:13 PM   #96
country flag Number 1

Quote:

Ok. you feel so self confident Come on, Local tourneys LOL !!!
Definitely these losses are nothing more than losses. Do not exaggerate please. When it comes to Sofia, who trained and trains in Georgia and who has NO sponsorship (had) and up to present has not, who travels and plays matches alone, everyone expects her to be the Goddess of the tennis and shows by finger to her "losses" giggling. When she wins- it is expected and habitual.
Be fair. Loss gives the strenght to the strong person. If someone feels low if he loses- it's his business. It is not about Sofia, believe me.
She has lost previously, before she got into top 250 and this gave her strenght and will to go forward.
I know this girsl, she is NOT the kind you describe her. It is just funny the way you talk about person you don't know. Internet contact is nothign in comparison with live. I told you- go see her matches. You wil lchange your opinion.
She is VERY self-confident and these losses are very temporary. She is not an idiot to tell that she is the best- for right now. But she looks like and plays like being one of the best and it is obvious. You tell that she just hits- NOPE! she heats the place where she WANTS to put the ball. She is creating crazy combinations. She slices, runs, she is strong baseliner, she moves on the court quite well, she increased her serve speed.Though in one thing you're right- she has really strong forehand Is this baaad??? she plays modern tennis - nice!!! perfect!!! So if she hits strong, she makes clever combinations, she moves well on the court, she is smart, she is ambitious- what more do you need to be one of the best? Phsychology? She just turned 20. It will go, how old are you? I was very fool at my 20. She will grow up
She estimates quite well her potential- see, NOT USED YET- which will make her a good sportsman in future. And she is quite young- she is not the Bolletieri breed. She will open up, and it will be very good period for her. She will go forward slowly but for sure.
I know what I tell. There was a time she was behind everyone in Georgia. She could not play as she had No money at all to travel. Then she earned her tournaments herself, she risked all the time to do the most favourite job in her life- TENNIS- and did everything by her own hands. She is workaholic. The scores did not come to her by easy matches on far far tournaments with lucky drawsheets. Sofia earned them. And she will return all she lost. So it was last year, when she lost scores and played Tashkent main draw. One game pushed her forward.

The main thing about her it is that Sofia is unpredictable. She is just wonderful. You can predict others but even those who know her very closely can not predict what she does tomorrow on the court. Big part of those she played/won last year tough matches are today in top 100. It is very high showing. She aims very high- as it seems. If you do not see it, you are unfair.
One more time - come on, it is not PROBABLE that she loses. Probable thing is that she comes up all together. I hate speaking for sure like you do here, but let's see what comes.
But I'm sure, the sportsman like Sofia never gives up. She enjoyes what she does and even so she is already ahead.
Old Jul 5th, 2009, 06:29 AM   #97
Petkorazzi

I still don't get why you think i hate sofia or something. I appologize if i am not as privileged as you to know her in person, but that doesn't mean my oppinion on her cannot be valid. I am glad to hear she has added a lot of variety to her game (Which wasn't really noticeable in her match in Minsk earlier this year which i had the chance to watch.
I may seem a bit too pessimistic but for me you are way too sure about her future. The world of tennis is really unpredictable - you cannot tell anything for sure.

And please do not laugh cause i play national tournaments. Not everyone has the talent/will/funds to go travelling abroad. My dream from the very childhood was to be a tennis player but it didn't work out. For that reason, I play the local tournaments only and you cannot know whether i take the losses seriously or they dont mean much to me. Please keep the immature comments and "LOL"-ing for yourself.
Old Jul 5th, 2009, 02:29 PM   #98
country flag Number 1

Quote:
I still don't get why you think i hate sofia or something. I appologize if i am not as privileged as you to know her in person, but that doesn't mean my oppinion on her cannot be valid. I am glad to hear she has added a lot of variety to her game (Which wasn't really noticeable in her match in Minsk earlier this year which i had the chance to watch.
I may seem a bit too pessimistic but for me you are way too sure about her future. The world of tennis is really unpredictable - you cannot tell anything for sure.

And please do not laugh cause i play national tournaments. Not everyone has the talent/will/funds to go travelling abroad. My dream from the very childhood was to be a tennis player but it didn't work out. For that reason, I play the local tournaments only and you cannot know whether i take the losses seriously or they dont mean much to me. Please keep the immature comments and "LOL"-ing for yourself.
Hi
you were a tennis player? really? my apologies- you don't sound to be a tennis player. Sofia's match in Minsk- after injury, all upset- you find it interesting? It was an awful match, she went there without single training. And these are not the words of a professioanl -to judge a player by 1 match seen on internet. Yes, Lol.
She had awful crossroad that period- no coach, no way back or forward. Have you tried to train in Ian Homer in winter? If you have a chance to train in Gas smell on inflated court and you show the results- bravo. But please do not get hurt. You and Sofia have equal conditions. Everyone pushed her back because of lack fo finances but she did never give in. You know what is Georgia- you have talent and no money- put the raqcuet. And everyone encourages rich children. You think she has money now? dont force me to tell how it feels for her to be all alone all the time and to try to show the best results. And there are other girls- i do not mentione dthe names- very good girls who are the same - earning their way in tennis themselves. If you get to know everything- perhaps you'll change your wise opinion. Sofia is quite strong, and there are a lot of girls in her conditions I don't tell that she is a single case. But only those who risk -they win.
Good luck on local tourneys- you sounded to be disappointed old man- from where do i know who you are? But one more time- sorry if i'm wrong- you do not sound professional. Go abraod without money on your risk- then let's talk. What you win or what you lose. and then I will show at you by my finger -like- look, he is a loser, look, why he plays?? Let's talk after you feel like our girls do. Try to win professional tournaments all alone and come back here to share your ideas.
Good luck.
Old Jul 5th, 2009, 03:58 PM   #99
Petkorazzi

davigale inglisurad werit, mainc aravin ar kitxulobs.

ar vyofilvar chogburteli 15 wlis var. shemedzlo-tqo mara finansebma da kide ragac sxva faqtorma shemishala xeli.

ise ver gamakvirveb mag pirobebit, mteli zamtari veris parkshi gia cis qvesh vivarjishe mara profesionalistvis martla sashineleba iqneba ian homeris kortebi.

shen (tu tqven) ver xvxdebi ro me dzaan did pativs vcem sofos da amdens ro miagwia saqartveloshi cxovrebit es ukve dzaan didi migwevaa. Ratom ggonia rom me ver vitan sofos da am thread-shi su cuds vwer? rac am forumze var sul vcdilob qartvelebs popularizacia gavuwio, ager makas ukve atobit fani yavs.

kidev ertxel, agresia ar aris sachiro. me aravis ar davcini da chemtvis nebismieri qartveli gogos warmateba dzlian didi migwevaa.

imedia araferi agar aris sadao.

ise saxeli vicode kargi iqneboda
Old Jul 6th, 2009, 09:19 AM   #100
country flag Number 1

Quote:
davigale inglisurad werit, mainc aravin ar kitxulobs.

ar vyofilvar chogburteli 15 wlis var. shemedzlo-tqo mara finansebma da kide ragac sxva faqtorma shemishala xeli.

ise ver gamakvirveb mag pirobebit, mteli zamtari veris parkshi gia cis qvesh vivarjishe mara profesionalistvis martla sashineleba iqneba ian homeris kortebi.

shen (tu tqven) ver xvxdebi ro me dzaan did pativs vcem sofos da amdens ro miagwia saqartveloshi cxovrebit es ukve dzaan didi migwevaa. Ratom ggonia rom me ver vitan sofos da am thread-shi su cuds vwer? rac am forumze var sul vcdilob qartvelebs popularizacia gavuwio, ager makas ukve atobit fani yavs.

kidev ertxel, agresia ar aris sachiro. me aravis ar davcini da chemtvis nebismieri qartveli gogos warmateba dzlian didi migwevaa.

imedia araferi agar aris sadao.

ise saxeli vicode kargi iqneboda
kargia rom kartulze gadaxvedi. ar kitxulobs ki ara kvela kitxulobs. me tu cavikitxe ese igi mkitxveli kavs am threads, ara??
nu Veris parkshi varjishi gia cis kvesh shentvis katastrofa ar ikneba- imedia ar geckineba- shen turnirebze maksimumi ar unda gamoamjgavno. cudia rom finansebi tu ra iko xeli shegishala chogburtelobashi magram xom xedav- ar vcdebodi- 15 tslis kofilxar- ese igi ar xar profesionali, xom martalia??? Makas bevri funi kavs da es am threadis damsaxureba ar aris, Makas tamashis damsaxurebaa, mercmune. Maka zalian kargad tamashobs, zalian magali klasis motamashea, tumca eg rom icode Makas tamashs unda ukure realshi. kvela tavis daskvnebs aketebs kagaldze, rac dziritadad simartles ishviatad an zalian ishviatad sheesabameba.
Sofikos rac sheexeba da popularizacias....ra gitxra - kvelas sakartveloshi gamzadebuli championi schirdeba...ai amas cinat ertma mdidarma vigindaram- visac fuli ar akvs chogburtze ar unda iaroso, tavisi shvili ki shveicariashi gaushva savarjishod. aseti shemtxvevebi bevria magram caxaliseba scorad aset unicho bavshvebs akvt.
bevri usazizgresi shemtxveva maxsendeba da uamravi magaliti makvs tvalcin, kvelafers ver dacer da romc dacero- azri ar akvs. bevrs ackobs amgvari situacia, sazgvargaret rom gaxvide da naxo ra xdeba da ra pativs scemen chogburtelebs da sxva sportsmenebs da ra pirobebs ukmnian- gagijdebi. chveni zalian bevri nichieri sportsmeni sakartvelos farglebs garet mogvaceobs da aketken moxedvac agar unda- imitom rom chventan mxolod championebs scemen pativs da champiopnobamde zalian gzeli gza aris gasavleli, romlis ganmavlobashic sportsmens kvela mxarshi unda amoudges...es chemi azri ar aris. es aris gamomdinare shexvedrebidan sportsmenebtan, mati realuri cxovrebis magalitebidan. igive shen- magaliti ar xar???
mokled, minda gitxra, ceras koveltvis akvs azri. ogond simartlis. tumca arasamrtlianma ceram naxe shapatavas ra uko. ra agar daabrales rom gavige tmebi kalkze damidga. chogburtis tavis danebeba undoda- eg albat im uvargisi xalxis laparakis mizani. magram xom xedav- agrzleebs varjishs da tamashebs. ukve droa, albat xvdeba rom gaugrzelda eg chavardna- tu sheizleba ase davarkvat izulebul stresss- es ups &downs kvelas akvs. da arc up da arc down didxans ar grzeldeba.
me vusurveb Sopikos da chvens gogoebs carmatebebs, da sakartvelos vusurveb, bevri nichieri da dafasebuli sportsmeni kavdes.

PS chogburtelebs kvelas vicnob da vici vin da ras aketebs, rogor tamashobs, ase rom sakmaod kompetenturi var imashi, razedac vsaubrob.
saxels ar getkvi- bevri makvs satkmeli da ase mirchevnia
Old Jul 6th, 2009, 11:54 AM   #101
Petkorazzi

Martali xar
Old Jul 6th, 2009, 07:17 PM   #102
Petkorazzi

(4)Alexandra Dulgheru (ROU) v Sofia Shapatava (GEO)

Hope Dulgheru is gonna be rusty after the ankle injury she had.
Old Jul 6th, 2009, 07:23 PM   #103
country flag hellas719

hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute

Then again, Dulgheru lost to Daniilidou last month

Wickmayer. Venus. Ivanovic. Cirstea. Halep.
Azarenka. Krajicek. Flipkens. Pironkova. Begu.
Lisicki. Paszek. Vesnina. Pavlyuchenkova. Cornet.
Stephens. Oudin. King. Vandeweghe. McHale.
Grammatikopoulou ~ Papamichail ~ Sakkari
hellas719 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9th, 2009, 04:06 AM   #104
country flag hellas719

hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute

Sofia got destroyed
And they lost in doubles too

Wickmayer. Venus. Ivanovic. Cirstea. Halep.
Azarenka. Krajicek. Flipkens. Pironkova. Begu.
Lisicki. Paszek. Vesnina. Pavlyuchenkova. Cornet.
Stephens. Oudin. King. Vandeweghe. McHale.
Grammatikopoulou ~ Papamichail ~ Sakkari
hellas719 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12th, 2009, 07:33 PM   #105
Petkorazzi

Plays Dulgheru in this weeks 50k. Probably Moore in R2... Needs a good run to make USO Qualies ( @ my optimism).