how to have a good rest after tennis? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 21st, 2009, 05:42 PM   #1
country flag tennis-insomniac

tennis-insomniac has a reputation beyond repute tennis-insomniac has a reputation beyond repute tennis-insomniac has a reputation beyond repute tennis-insomniac has a reputation beyond repute tennis-insomniac has a reputation beyond repute tennis-insomniac has a reputation beyond repute tennis-insomniac has a reputation beyond repute tennis-insomniac has a reputation beyond repute tennis-insomniac has a reputation beyond repute tennis-insomniac has a reputation beyond repute tennis-insomniac has a reputation beyond repute
how to have a good rest after tennis?

i think that it'd be really useful for all the members and viewers to share the way you rest your body and mind after training and having a long tired match
for me i always have a problem resting and end up playing crappy tomorrow especially if i lost yesterday my body and my mind would litterally reject any kind of rest and peace
so knowing some tips how to have a good rest please share
thank you in advance!
tennis-insomniac is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 21st, 2009, 05:56 PM   #2
country flag Mackep83

Mackep83 is just really nice Mackep83 is just really nice Mackep83 is just really nice Mackep83 is just really nice Mackep83 is just really nice Mackep83 is just really nice Mackep83 is just really nice Mackep83 is just really nice Mackep83 is just really nice Mackep83 is just really nice Mackep83 is just really nice
Re: how to have a good rest after tennis?

When I have playd a long tough match, I cant just relax and watching TV, I have to do a lot of stretching and just keeping up moving...like walking, some jogging a few hours after the match. Otherwise I will have a lot of pain in my legs and arms... it works for me, I cant just relax...and I also drink a lot...juice and milk :P
Mackep83 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21st, 2009, 05:58 PM   #3
country flag Medina

Medina has a reputation beyond repute Medina has a reputation beyond repute Medina has a reputation beyond repute Medina has a reputation beyond repute Medina has a reputation beyond repute Medina has a reputation beyond repute Medina has a reputation beyond repute Medina has a reputation beyond repute Medina has a reputation beyond repute Medina has a reputation beyond repute Medina has a reputation beyond repute

i just go and have a shower, and thats where you think. You just need to be in a calm environment if you want to be with me. What i do alot is meditate, so you just have peace of mind and just close your eyes.
Old May 6th, 2009, 05:05 AM   #4
country flag ArturoAce.
Chip 'n Charge

ArturoAce. has a reputation beyond repute ArturoAce. has a reputation beyond repute ArturoAce. has a reputation beyond repute ArturoAce. has a reputation beyond repute ArturoAce. has a reputation beyond repute ArturoAce. has a reputation beyond repute ArturoAce. has a reputation beyond repute ArturoAce. has a reputation beyond repute ArturoAce. has a reputation beyond repute ArturoAce. has a reputation beyond repute ArturoAce. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medina View Post
i just go and have a shower, and thats where you think. You just need to be in a calm environment if you want to be with me. What i do alot is meditate, so you just have peace of mind and just close your eyes.
Agree.

and then sit and stay on TF all day
ArturoAce. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10th, 2009, 01:18 AM   #5
country flag Tennis10sLover

Tennis10sLover is just really nice Tennis10sLover is just really nice Tennis10sLover is just really nice Tennis10sLover is just really nice Tennis10sLover is just really nice Tennis10sLover is just really nice Tennis10sLover is just really nice Tennis10sLover is just really nice Tennis10sLover is just really nice Tennis10sLover is just really nice Tennis10sLover is just really nice

after a tough match if i dont stretch for a good long 30 min, then im a mess. a foam roller is a big help. walking the dog, drinking a gallon of water, and eating a big meal are important.

inversion table helps. taking sleeping aids is sometimes needed. a few big hits from the vaporizor is always good
Tennis10sLover is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22nd, 2009, 02:47 AM   #6
country flag drake3781

drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute

Rehydrate and refuel, as needed.
If anything sore, ice it.
If it's late, after ice, take a warm shower then to bed.
Take an anti inflammatory if everything achey or gonna be achey.
If it's still early, rest then do all the normal day's activities.
Shower and change clothes to get a fresh start to the rest of the day.
Stretch or even swim/run/work out later, if the practice/match was not very strenuous.
That oughta do it.
drake3781 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24th, 2009, 05:46 AM   #7
country flag darrinbaker00
Serena's #1 Hater

darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by drake3781 View Post
Rehydrate and refuel, as needed.
If anything sore, ice it.
If it's late, after ice, take a warm shower then to bed.
Take an anti inflammatory if everything achey or gonna be achey.
If it's still early, rest then do all the normal day's activities.
Shower and change clothes to get a fresh start to the rest of the day.
Stretch or even swim/run/work out later, if the practice/match was not very strenuous.
That oughta do it.
When you're on the other side of 40 like I am, the anti-inflammatories need to be taken BEFORE the match. Trust me.
"He who finds a wife finds a good thing, and obtains favor from the Lord." -- Proverbs 18:22

"Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard." -- Herb Brooks

"A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life." -- Muhammad Ali
darrinbaker00 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote