Maria s ranking. - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 20th, 2008, 05:44 AM   #1
country flag Sharapowerr

Sharapowerr is a splendid one to behold Sharapowerr is a splendid one to behold Sharapowerr is a splendid one to behold Sharapowerr is a splendid one to behold Sharapowerr is a splendid one to behold Sharapowerr is a splendid one to behold Sharapowerr is a splendid one to behold Sharapowerr is a splendid one to behold Sharapowerr is a splendid one to behold Sharapowerr is a splendid one to behold Sharapowerr is a splendid one to behold
Maria s ranking.

I didn t see a thread were we can discuss Maria s ranking..

And i ve a few questions.

Maria is now 3th with 3626 points but in other threads i ve read that next week she will only have 3071 is that with the San Diego points she will lose 430 , but that s still

3626 - 430 = 3196 ???

And when she ll lose lat years an Diego points, IMO she should play LA and Montreal..
Sharapowerr is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 20th, 2008, 09:35 AM   #2
country flag Taja05

Taja05 is a glorious beacon of light Taja05 is a glorious beacon of light Taja05 is a glorious beacon of light Taja05 is a glorious beacon of light Taja05 is a glorious beacon of light Taja05 is a glorious beacon of light Taja05 is a glorious beacon of light Taja05 is a glorious beacon of light Taja05 is a glorious beacon of light Taja05 is a glorious beacon of light Taja05 is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Maria s ranking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharapowerr View Post
I didn t see a thread were we can discuss Maria s ranking..

And i ve a few questions.

Maria is now 3th with 3626 points but in other threads i ve read that next week she will only have 3071 is that with the San Diego points she will lose 430 , but that s still

3626 - 430 = 3196 ???

And when she ll lose lat years an Diego points, IMO she should play LA and Montreal..
When the rankings come out tomorrow she'll still have the same amount of points that is 3626. The good thing is that this year's Montreal tournament is actually on the same week as the San Diego was last year, so she will loose the 430 points from San Diego but she will also gain the points from this year's Montreal tournament (in the same week), so if she does well in Montreal that won't have a big affect on her rankings. Maria's ranking points will stay the same as they are now (3626) until Monday 4 August. But Maria will also loose the 125 points because she reached the semis of LA last year and this year she is not playing this event. Those 125 points will affect her ranking on Monday 11 August. At least I think that is how the rankings work.
Taja05 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20th, 2008, 09:38 AM   #3
country flag Mikey B

Mikey B has much to be proud of Mikey B has much to be proud of Mikey B has much to be proud of Mikey B has much to be proud of Mikey B has much to be proud of Mikey B has much to be proud of Mikey B has much to be proud of Mikey B has much to be proud of Mikey B has much to be proud of Mikey B has much to be proud of Mikey B has much to be proud of

rankings dont matter, as long as she isnt top seed for the open then im happy! lower the better!!! lol!

but it is an interesting year in terms of ranking for maria, started the year top 5, then raced to number 1, only to lose it soon after and drops again, and now she looks to be dropping again, but a good show at the olympics and us open will see her at the top again!! crazy!
Mikey B is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20th, 2008, 09:50 AM   #4
country flag sharapovarulz1
She came to play.......

sharapovarulz1 has a reputation beyond repute sharapovarulz1 has a reputation beyond repute sharapovarulz1 has a reputation beyond repute sharapovarulz1 has a reputation beyond repute sharapovarulz1 has a reputation beyond repute sharapovarulz1 has a reputation beyond repute sharapovarulz1 has a reputation beyond repute sharapovarulz1 has a reputation beyond repute sharapovarulz1 has a reputation beyond repute sharapovarulz1 has a reputation beyond repute sharapovarulz1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taja05 View Post
When the rankings come out tomorrow she'll still have the same amount of points that is 3626. The good thing is that this year's Montreal tournament is actually on the same week as the San Diego was last year, so she will loose the 430 points from San Diego but she will also gain the points from this year's Montreal tournament (in the same week), so if she does well in Montreal that won't have a big affect on her rankings. Maria's ranking points will stay the same as they are now (3626) until Monday 4 August. But Maria will also loose the 125 points because she reached the semis of LA last year and this year she is not playing this event. Those 125 points will affect her ranking on Monday 11 August. At least I think that is how the rankings work.
Thanks for the info

Official Right Midfielder Of The Sveta Football Team
sharapovarulz1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20th, 2008, 12:19 PM   #5
country flag Sharapowerr

Sharapowerr is a splendid one to behold Sharapowerr is a splendid one to behold Sharapowerr is a splendid one to behold Sharapowerr is a splendid one to behold Sharapowerr is a splendid one to behold Sharapowerr is a splendid one to behold Sharapowerr is a splendid one to behold Sharapowerr is a splendid one to behold Sharapowerr is a splendid one to behold Sharapowerr is a splendid one to behold Sharapowerr is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taja05 View Post
Ok thnx,imo she should play in LA, offcourse the rankings don t mean that much , but still , I d rather see great player( Maria ) at the number 1 spot then "good" players...
Sharapowerr is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24th, 2009, 11:11 PM   #6
country flag rucolo

rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute

Marias ranking fell from 16 to 23 this week!
(Ranking 23 from 11 tournaments, 2100 points.)

Good Luck
Serena Williams Maria Sharapova Jelena Jankovic
A. Radwanska V. Zvonareva C. Wozniacki N. Petrova M. Hingis
T. Paszek A. Chakvetadze K. Sprem J. Dokic I. Tulyaganova A. Myskina
GNTM 2014 ist Stefanie !
rucolo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25th, 2009, 12:20 AM   #7
country flag Mikey B

Mikey B has much to be proud of Mikey B has much to be proud of Mikey B has much to be proud of Mikey B has much to be proud of Mikey B has much to be proud of Mikey B has much to be proud of Mikey B has much to be proud of Mikey B has much to be proud of Mikey B has much to be proud of Mikey B has much to be proud of Mikey B has much to be proud of

lowest in years.. quite exciting really! we're in new territory here... cant wait for her to return
Mikey B is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14th, 2009, 02:56 PM   #8
country flag rucolo

rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute

Marias ranking fell from #30 to #53 this week!
(Ranking #53 from 10 tournaments, 1130 points.)

Get healthy soon, Maria!!!
What a bad injury.
Climb up those ranks again!!!

Good Luck
GNTM 2014 ist Stefanie !
Old Apr 16th, 2009, 11:10 AM   #9
country flag Mashabator
5 Grand Slams

Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute

shes at #64 now ;O

Maria Sharapova + Jelena Dokic + Sabine Lisicki + Vania King + Julia Goerges + Victoria Duval
Mashabator is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16th, 2009, 12:28 PM   #10
Effy
God gave us Rock'n'Roll

Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute

i don't care about the ranking atm. If Maria is healthy, she 'll be back in top 3 asap.
(S) New Haven 2012 (D) AO 2014 (w/Zenith.), Miami 2014

Sharapova Pennetta Hingis Benčič A.Radwańska Williams Golovin Vekić Barthel Šafářová Keys Robson Bouchard Konjuh Davenport
Effy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15th, 2009, 04:11 PM   #11
country flag rucolo

Good news...
Maria climbs ranks up!

This week from #73 to #59!
(Ranking #59 from 12 tournaments, 990 points.)

Good Luck
GNTM 2014 ist Stefanie !
Old Jun 15th, 2009, 09:47 PM   #12
country flag Andy.
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rucolo View Post
Good news...
Maria climbs ranks up!

This week from #73 to #59!
(Ranking #59 from 12 tournaments, 990 points.)
How is it exactly that she has played 12 tournaments in the last 52 weeks Im counting 5
Andy. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15th, 2009, 09:58 PM   #13
country flag rucolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyMashaFan View Post
How is it exactly that she has played 12 tournaments in the last 52 weeks Im counting 5
You are right Maria actually played only 5 tournaments but the WTA ranking includes all mandatory events (all Grand Slams and Indian Wells and Miami) where you are automatically entered if you have high enough ranking for Direct Acceptance.
(If you are injured and you don`t participate in mandatory events you get 0 points.)

Good Luck
GNTM 2014 ist Stefanie !
Old Jun 15th, 2009, 10:32 PM   #14
country flag nelsondan

nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute

So...theoretically....she could be favored to win her opening match...but when the field is reduced from 128 to 64...in most cases she would be the underdog?
nelsondan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11th, 2009, 08:22 PM   #15
country flag rucolo

Maria into Top 50 again!

This week from #61 to #49.
(Ranking #49 from 13 tournaments, 1170 points.)

Good Luck
GNTM 2014 ist Stefanie !