irish tennis - Page 29 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 27th, 2009, 09:15 PM   #421
country flag Tipp

Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of
Re: irish tennis

Hard luck, Sam. I wonder when John will play his first men's match?

Speaking of John, I checked that Italian tournament's draw and he missed out on the 16th seed spot by two ranking places (He's 90, the 16th seed is 88). As a result, he doesn't get a bye and will have to play the 3rd seed if he wins his first match.

Tarakaa Bertrand (USA) d. (3)Kelly Liggan (IRL) 57 62 62

Best chance to qualify for a $50k gone

Last edited by Tipp : Apr 27th, 2009 at 10:35 PM.
Tipp is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 28th, 2009, 07:02 PM   #422
country flag Tennis-Chick

Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute

John MORRISSEY (IRL) defeated Amerigo CONTINI (ITA) 2-6 6-3 6-4

Beth Mattek-Sands Georgie Stoop

Come back soon Tati
Tennis-Chick is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28th, 2009, 09:01 PM   #423
country flag Tipp

Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of

Good news, but dropping a set to an unranked player isn't too encouraging...hope he performs well against Gaio.

What do you guys think of this? I wouldn't mind buying a ticket if only to support Tennis Ireland. But you'd think they could offer more than 1 ticket given that they'll raise €100k if they sell them all.
Old May 2nd, 2009, 01:12 PM   #424

Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute

John was beaten in straights

#512 Louk Sorensen def. #303 Jan Minar 64 36 62 In Munich qualies. Good win for Louk, hopefully he starts to get his ranking way back up

Come back soon Tati
Old May 2nd, 2009, 11:20 PM   #425
country flag Tipp

Good luck, Louk...although, what the hell is he doing playing an ATP Tour event as his first tournament after his injury?
Old May 3rd, 2009, 12:11 AM   #426

Probably cause he is based in Stuttgart, so not much travelling for him. He should have played today but I can't find any scores?

He lost in three Still an encouraging performance against a top 200 player in his first tournament in ages.

Come back soon Tati

Last edited by Tennis-Chick : May 3rd, 2009 at 10:04 PM.
Old May 3rd, 2009, 10:01 PM   #427

$5ok Indian Harbour
Qualies

(4)Kelly Liggan (IRL) def. Tiya Rolle (USA) 75 57 64
Nicole Bartnik (USA) def. (wc)Olivia Janowicz (USA) 75 57 63

Salome Devidze (GEO) def. Chichi Scholl (USA) 75 64
(6)Nicole Rottmann (AUT) def. Chieh-Yu Hsu (USA) 61 64

Come back soon Tati
Old May 3rd, 2009, 10:11 PM   #428
country flag Ciarán

Ciarán has a reputation beyond repute Ciarán has a reputation beyond repute Ciarán has a reputation beyond repute Ciarán has a reputation beyond repute Ciarán has a reputation beyond repute Ciarán has a reputation beyond repute Ciarán has a reputation beyond repute Ciarán has a reputation beyond repute Ciarán has a reputation beyond repute Ciarán has a reputation beyond repute Ciarán has a reputation beyond repute

Just thought Irish posters may enjoy this

Pasezk, Chakvetadze, Vaidisova, Sharapova, Pavlyuchenkova & Vekic.
Ciarán is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2009, 06:06 PM   #429
country flag Tipp

I love it

There's a $10k in Edinburgh, this week. Amy was on the entry list and the qualy draw is full of byes, yet she's not there Although I just remembered that she's Junior Cert age, and that's coming up in a few weeks, so maybe she's gonna be out of action til that's over and done with. (And possibly the same for Sam and the LC)

Good luck to anyone here who may be preparing for either
Old May 4th, 2009, 06:11 PM   #430

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tipp View Post
I love it

There's a $10k in Edinburgh, this week. Amy was on the entry list and the qualy draw is full of byes, yet she's not there Although I just remembered that she's Junior Cert age, and that's coming up in a few weeks, so maybe she's gonna be out of action til that's over and done with. (And possibly the same for Sam and the LC)

Good luck to anyone here who may be preparing for either
I thought Mariyana would have played Edinburgh, but she mustn't be playing any tournaments til the summer.

Thanks, Im doing my GCSEs they start on Monday and I have my Irish Oral on Wed Emily Madill will also being doing them, so I doubt she will be playing any tournaments over the next two months.

I just seen that Colin O'Brien won the doubles title with Daniel Smethurst last week, well done to him!!

Come back soon Tati
Old May 4th, 2009, 09:08 PM   #431

Bartnik d. Liggan 7-5 6-3

Come back soon Tati
Old May 7th, 2009, 05:35 PM   #432
country flag Tipp

Roland Garros acceptance lists are out - John and Sam didn't make it in. John is 10th on the alternates list and Sam is 12th, so here's hoping for some dropouts.

http://www.itftennis.com/shared/medi...0_original.PDF

Of course, Sam probably won't be playing anyway if he is in Leaving Cert year, given that it's the week after RG.
Old May 8th, 2009, 01:26 PM   #433
country flag Cat in the hat

Cat in the hat is a glorious beacon of light Cat in the hat is a glorious beacon of light Cat in the hat is a glorious beacon of light Cat in the hat is a glorious beacon of light Cat in the hat is a glorious beacon of light Cat in the hat is a glorious beacon of light Cat in the hat is a glorious beacon of light Cat in the hat is a glorious beacon of light Cat in the hat is a glorious beacon of light Cat in the hat is a glorious beacon of light Cat in the hat is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks for that clip of kelly Tipp I tried to watch it wouldn't work. I hate to say it but surely she can't carry on with these sort of results for much longer?
Cat in the hat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2009, 08:56 PM   #434

Izmir, Turkey [CH]
QR1: Conor Niland IRL [5] vs. Jonathan Marray GBR | 7-6 (4) 6-1
QR2: Conor Niland IRL [5] vs. Artur Chernov RUS | 6-3 6-2
QFR: Conor Niland IRL [5] def. Frederik Nielsen DEN [4] | 6-0 3-6 6-3
MD1: Conor Niland IRL [Q] def. Karol Beck SVK [7] 6-1 6-3

$50,000 Raleigh
QR1: (6)Kelly Liggan (IRL) d. Christina Fusano (USA) 62 06 61
QR2: (6)Kelly Liggan (IRL) v. Tiya Rolle (USA)
QFR: Rottman/Rampre

Kelly should beat Rolle tomorrow too

Come back soon Tati

Last edited by Tennis-Chick : May 11th, 2009 at 10:44 PM.
Old May 11th, 2009, 10:43 PM   #435

QFR: Conor Niland IRL [5] def. Frederik Nielsen DEN [4] | 6-0 3-6 6-3
MD1: Conor Niland IRL [Q] def. Karol Beck SVK [7] 6-1 6-3

Great wins for Conor.

Come back soon Tati