ATPworld update - Page 4 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 14th, 2003, 08:53 AM   #46
Doris Loeffel

Doris Loeffel is just really nice Doris Loeffel is just really nice Doris Loeffel is just really nice Doris Loeffel is just really nice Doris Loeffel is just really nice Doris Loeffel is just really nice Doris Loeffel is just really nice Doris Loeffel is just really nice Doris Loeffel is just really nice Doris Loeffel is just really nice Doris Loeffel is just really nice
Somehow I can understand Amandas request for no longer "bombarding" the ATP (did I really just write this 3 letters???) with complains, especially when you have already done so. (You guys didn't really expect a personal answer did you??)

Well looks like they got the message and we have been heard.

But by constantly complaining, the surprise we may have coused by our complains may turn into anger. And the good thing we may have started may turn against us again. Becouse 100 e-mails from the same person woun't be taken as serious as 100 (or hopefully more) complains from different ppl from all over the world.

So I think the best thing to still show them your disagreement about putting down "our" site is to no longer use their site (I know it's hard ). The constant low frequence on their site might be a better help to make change their minds and give us "our" site back again.

Well I'm looking forward to some more (hopefully) good news from Amanda and her backup team. You're really doing a great job (one can't thank you enough for that!!)

Last edited by Doris Loeffel : Mar 14th, 2003 at 09:05 AM.
Doris Loeffel is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 14th, 2003, 10:52 PM   #47
AtPGirL

AtPGirL is an unknown quantity at this point
why can't they just rename the site to men's tennis world or something? They don't even have to use the letters ATP anyways!
AtPGirL is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 14th, 2003, 10:53 PM   #48
AtPGirL

AtPGirL is an unknown quantity at this point
lol! Just realized I should change my name or be hated forever by all! lol.. I just had to re-register here.. don't know why but kept the same name and all..
AtPGirL is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 14th, 2003, 11:28 PM   #49
country flag Chris_Martin's_woman

Chris_Martin's_woman is just really nice Chris_Martin's_woman is just really nice Chris_Martin's_woman is just really nice Chris_Martin's_woman is just really nice Chris_Martin's_woman is just really nice Chris_Martin's_woman is just really nice Chris_Martin's_woman is just really nice Chris_Martin's_woman is just really nice Chris_Martin's_woman is just really nice Chris_Martin's_woman is just really nice Chris_Martin's_woman is just really nice
Thank you again so much Amanda for everything you have done........I really hope we get the site back....that would be great!

Coldplay is the greatest band ever!

Gigs Attended(2004)
°March 10- The Sounds/The Strokes

Upcoming Gigs(2004)
°June 15- The Shins/The Glands/Rogue Wave
°August 12&13- LOLLAPALOOZA!
°August 20- Gomez/The Polyphonic Spree

Hott stuff
Chris_Martin's_woman is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 16th, 2003, 06:39 AM   #50
country flag Steveg
Team WTAworld

Steveg has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doris Loeffel
Somehow I can understand Amandas request for no longer "bombarding" the ATP (did I really just write this 3 letters???) with complains, especially when you have already done so. (You guys didn't really expect a personal answer did you??)

Well looks like they got the message and we have been heard.

But by constantly complaining, the surprise we may have coused by our complains may turn into anger. And the good thing we may have started may turn against us again. Becouse 100 e-mails from the same person woun't be taken as serious as 100 (or hopefully more) complains from different ppl from all over the world.

So I think the best thing to still show them your disagreement about putting down "our" site is to no longer use their site (I know it's hard ). The constant low frequence on their site might be a better help to make change their minds and give us "our" site back again.
There exists a polite and firm way to show our disagreement. The messages don't have to show angriness. They have to show determination.

Boycotting the ATP website may be an option (that is what I am doing), but I am not certain how effective this is (what % of total ATP website browsers do we represent ).

Stopping to let them know how unsatisfied we are will lead them to think that it was only a one-off upset by a few kiddies (who sent angry messages as a heated reaction). And that with time, we'll forget about everything an things will be back to normal.

Obviously 100 emails from the same persons won't do. But 1,000 emails from 1,000 persons twice a month will certainly make a difference.

I am not letting them think that I a forgetting about it . I am letting them know politely, and firmly .

And so far, I have always got a reply when I sent a feedback message to a website (including from the WTA official website). I expect the same from the ATP official website.
Steveg is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 16th, 2003, 01:59 PM   #51
country flag tennischick

tennischick is a name known to all tennischick is a name known to all tennischick is a name known to all tennischick is a name known to all tennischick is a name known to all tennischick is a name known to all tennischick is a name known to all tennischick is a name known to all tennischick is a name known to all tennischick is a name known to all tennischick is a name known to all
Steveg:
i completely agree with you. especially since we are not clearly in the know as to what is going on.

and yes i have boycotted their official website but ATPworld was not even (as yet) one-tenth as popular as WTAworld, so i do suspect that that boycott will not have much of an impact.

in fact it speaks to our level of importance that all of our complaints have been completely ignored. wow, we really matter as tennis fans don't we? perhaps the ATP feels that in the same way that it will survive as an organisation despite the complaints of Ferreira, Tarango, Hewitt and a handful of others, it will also survive without the participation of a handful of fans.

or maybe i just can't stand being passive and not speaking out about something that i consider to be very important.
Old Mar 18th, 2003, 12:50 AM   #52
country flag Miranda

Miranda has a reputation beyond repute Miranda has a reputation beyond repute Miranda has a reputation beyond repute Miranda has a reputation beyond repute Miranda has a reputation beyond repute Miranda has a reputation beyond repute Miranda has a reputation beyond repute Miranda has a reputation beyond repute Miranda has a reputation beyond repute Miranda has a reputation beyond repute Miranda has a reputation beyond repute
hope to see it back soon

Ennis and Jack found something most people don't ever find in this life...true love, the deepest, purest, most beautiful thing in the universes. Ennis and Jack have TRUE LOVE. They are SOULMATES. They have a love so deep, so pure, so strong, that it transcends everything, it's eternal.
Miranda is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 18th, 2003, 12:18 PM   #53
starr

starr has a brilliant future starr has a brilliant future starr has a brilliant future starr has a brilliant future starr has a brilliant future starr has a brilliant future starr has a brilliant future starr has a brilliant future starr has a brilliant future starr has a brilliant future starr has a brilliant future
So.... from what I gather here, the ATP doesn't want it's name used. Ok. What's the big deal? Just rename the board and get it back up and running....... IF the name of the board is really the issue, that is.

What's wrong with Menstennisworld? or even Tennisworld?
starr is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 19th, 2003, 12:38 PM   #54
country flag Miranda

Miranda has a reputation beyond repute Miranda has a reputation beyond repute Miranda has a reputation beyond repute Miranda has a reputation beyond repute Miranda has a reputation beyond repute Miranda has a reputation beyond repute Miranda has a reputation beyond repute Miranda has a reputation beyond repute Miranda has a reputation beyond repute Miranda has a reputation beyond repute Miranda has a reputation beyond repute
yes may be use other names to get it back

Ennis and Jack found something most people don't ever find in this life...true love, the deepest, purest, most beautiful thing in the universes. Ennis and Jack have TRUE LOVE. They are SOULMATES. They have a love so deep, so pure, so strong, that it transcends everything, it's eternal.
Old Mar 21st, 2003, 07:20 AM   #55
Doris Loeffel

Doris Loeffel is just really nice Doris Loeffel is just really nice Doris Loeffel is just really nice Doris Loeffel is just really nice Doris Loeffel is just really nice Doris Loeffel is just really nice Doris Loeffel is just really nice Doris Loeffel is just really nice Doris Loeffel is just really nice Doris Loeffel is just really nice Doris Loeffel is just really nice
This needs a bump for all the not so frequent posters..
Doris Loeffel is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 21st, 2003, 09:21 AM   #56
country flag Steveg
Team WTAworld

Steveg has disabled reputation
We could use as a new name "ATB" for "Amanda Tennis Board" .
Steveg is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 21st, 2003, 09:22 AM   #57
country flag Miranda

umm, i guess it won't be back any more

Old Mar 21st, 2003, 08:22 PM   #58
KayTang999

KayTang999 is an unknown quantity at this point
So ATPworld.com is not working anymore???
KayTang999 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 21st, 2003, 11:39 PM   #59
country flag VSFan1 aka Joshua L.
Keeper of Venus & Serena

VSFan1 aka Joshua L. has a reputation beyond repute VSFan1 aka Joshua L. has a reputation beyond repute VSFan1 aka Joshua L. has a reputation beyond repute VSFan1 aka Joshua L. has a reputation beyond repute VSFan1 aka Joshua L. has a reputation beyond repute VSFan1 aka Joshua L. has a reputation beyond repute VSFan1 aka Joshua L. has a reputation beyond repute VSFan1 aka Joshua L. has a reputation beyond repute VSFan1 aka Joshua L. has a reputation beyond repute VSFan1 aka Joshua L. has a reputation beyond repute VSFan1 aka Joshua L. has a reputation beyond repute
bump

Loves of my life....
Venus Ebone Starr Williams
Serena Jamica Williams
a lifelong and devoted fan since 1996

Official Life Coach of the Royal Court
VSFan1 aka Joshua L. is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 24th, 2003, 01:52 AM   #60
country flag Miranda