Dianne Hollands - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 25th, 2009, 09:43 AM   #31
Golovinjured.

Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Dianne Hollands

I forgot about Cut Off You Hands and Rachel Hunter.

Dianne is #5 New Zealander.
Golovinjured. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 25th, 2009, 10:50 AM   #32
country flag Rising Sun

Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowardH View Post
Dianne lost to the 5th seed, Chae from Korea. She had a good start, leading 3-0 at the start, but eventually lost 6-4 7-5. Dianne could have won I think, but Chae isn't easy, with her big lefty forehand. Wish I could have seen it, then I would know more what to say.

On the plus side, Dianne and Alenka Hubacek are in the semis of the doubles in Wellington after beating the 3rd seeds, Alison Bai and Renee Binnie 6-2 6-3. I thought that Dianne and Alenka could be a good team. They will face Chae's doubles team.
It's unfortunate that the draws didn't favour her the last few weeks, but she's getting good experience against higher ranked opponents.

Better luck in doubles.
Rising Sun is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25th, 2009, 12:48 PM   #33
country flag HowardH

HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golovinjured. View Post
I forgot about Cut Off You Hands and Rachel Hunter.

Dianne is #5 New Zealander.
Hehe, New Zealanders are quietly all over the place. 5 is pretty good though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danker View Post
It's unfortunate that the draws didn't favour her the last few weeks, but she's getting good experience against higher ranked opponents.

Better luck in doubles.
Yeah, the singles draws have been pretty tough for her. She has to learn how to beat these players though if she has higher ambitions. She has a good chance for revenge in the doubles against Chae. Maybe they can win the doubles tournie? I'm hopeful.
HowardH is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27th, 2009, 02:55 PM   #34
country flag Rising Sun

Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future

Di lost in the SF of the doubles, thus ending her 4 weeks of tourneys.

Any idea where she'll play next?

Common sense would suggest that she'll play the 2 $25Ks in Aus next month, but I wonder how she'll fare on clay...
Old Mar 29th, 2009, 01:00 PM   #35
country flag HowardH

HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute

I suppose Dianne will play in those two 25K's (Bundaberg- ginger beer anyone?- and Ipswich) in Aus. Dianne should be fine on clay, she has experience on it from her time in Germany and she moves well too. She lists hard court as her favourite surface though, it's probably harder for her to hit winners with her forehand on clay. There are some local tournaments (not ITF) which Kairangi Vano and Shona Lee are playing but which Dianne has not entered, so I assume she is probably training instead. I know she said in an interview that she wanted to focus on playing close to home for a while, basically Australia and Asia, to save funds until she started making inroads. There isn't much happening in Australia and Asia until those two tournies I think.

Also, Chae, who beat Dianne in the Wellington futures, reached the final and lost in three sets. So once again Dianne lost to someone in good form.
Old Mar 31st, 2009, 02:31 PM   #36
country flag HowardH

From Dianne's time as a college player in Arizona State
Old Apr 10th, 2009, 05:16 PM   #37
country flag Rising Sun

According to entry lists, Dianne is next scheduled to play $25K Balikpapan, INA. I'm assuming she'll be playing the following events in Indonesia, too.

Good decision, IMO. I'm guessing she didn't want to play on clay in AUS.
Old Apr 15th, 2009, 11:04 AM   #38
country flag HowardH

Quote:
Originally Posted by danker View Post
According to entry lists, Dianne is next scheduled to play $25K Balikpapan, INA. I'm assuming she'll be playing the following events in Indonesia, too.

Good decision, IMO. I'm guessing she didn't want to play on clay in AUS.
Oh, thanks for letting us know about that danker! That sounds good, I was wondering when she was going to be in action next. I didn't notice that tournament in Indonesia, that fits Dianne's criteria of either Australia or Asia, and it's on hardcourt, which is Dianne's preferred surface. Dianne's ranking is now 793 so she is the third highest player currently in the qualifying list. With a bit of luck she might get into the main draw, but if not, I think her chances of qualifying are good. I hope there will be more tournaments over there, I assume Dianne wouldn't go all the way over there for just one tournie.

Edit: Dianne is also on the list for the 10k in Tarakan in Indonesia. She is 5th on the qualifying list there. She's currently 787 so with a good couple of weeks we could see her threaten her old personal best of 699.

Last edited by HowardH : Apr 22nd, 2009 at 09:26 PM.
Old Apr 29th, 2009, 02:18 PM   #39
country flag Rising Sun

$25K Balikpapan
1R

6-Q-MAJERIC, Tadeja (SLO) d. HOLLANDS, Dianne (NZL) 60 60

I wonder what happened?
Old Apr 30th, 2009, 01:12 AM   #40
Golovinjured.

Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute

Omy.
Golovinjured. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30th, 2009, 02:53 PM   #41
country flag HowardH

Dianne's not the kind to give up so things just must have not been working for her that day. Onto the next tournament I guess.
Old May 5th, 2009, 02:18 PM   #42
country flag HowardH

Dianne has withdrawn from both of the following events in Indonesia she was entered in, the 10k in Tarakan and the 25k in Tanjung Selor. So I assume she is suffering from something, either injury or illness.
Old May 6th, 2009, 06:54 AM   #43
country flag Rising Sun

Poor Dianne. Whatever it is, I hope it's nothing serious. What a waste of opportunity.
Old May 14th, 2009, 06:35 PM   #44
country flag HowardH

I guess she won't be playing for a little while, I can't see her in any entry lists. As consolation, I found this pic of Dianne from 07 when she was an Arizona Wildcat. Also, somehow, she is gradually rising in the rankings without playing. I guess other people have points to defend while she has none. She is up to 777 now.

Old Jul 23rd, 2009, 07:03 AM   #45
country flag HowardH

Dianne obviously went to play tournaments in the US. She got to the QF of the 10k in Brownsville, and lost in the second round of qualifying for a 50k in Grapevine. She obviously withdrew from the tournament in Evansville and also St Joseph, so I'm guessing she had planned a longer US stay but had to cut it short for some reason. Not sure where she'll be playing next. Her ranking is now 729.