Doubles competition - RULES! - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 1st, 2009, 05:53 PM   #1
country flag Sexysova
Hot as hell! <3

Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute
Doubles competition - RULES!

Hi all,

as I start and manage doubles competition, I will post rules here

please feel free to add every suggestion and opinion

1) Threads will opened at least two days before first day of MD
2) Teams has to sign in, that means, one player of the team will post the name of the team in the doubles tipping thread, just post "in first player/second player" and the second player has to confirm it
3) There will be always list of teams with their points after each round in the first post
4) There will be always order of play for current day in the second post
5) All picks have to be posted in the thread by BOTH players (they can be different) so it can be more competitive and interesting.
6) You have to post your picks before deadline which will be set in each order of play post.
7) You have to pick winners of all matches in current day
8) You have to post how many games will be played in the final of each tournament so then it's easier to decide who is the winner if two players are tied in points, if players pick the same number of games and are tied then the time of your post will decide, that means who post earlier is the winner.

HOW TO POST
e.g. Final: Safina vs. S.Williams
you post: S.Williams (20 games)

9) Do not use any nicknames of players, it's enough to post their surnames but please if there're the same names in the current day, please post e.g. "S.Williams"
10) Scoring points will be different for tournaments, depends on the category.
11) Both players' picks will be counted!

next rules are coming with your suggestions and opinions, please post

Last edited by Sexysova : Mar 6th, 2009 at 02:45 PM.
Sexysova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 3rd, 2009, 06:03 PM   #2
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Doubles competition - RULES!

I think rules #2 and #5 are too complicated. Only one of them signing the team up should be enough (unless someone refuses to team up, he/she should say so). Also, in my opinion, it should be enough if only one of them posts picks, after they've agreed via private messages. If they can't agree on some match, they should skip it.
ma re is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4th, 2009, 06:58 AM   #3
country flag ronim1

ronim1 has much to be proud of ronim1 has much to be proud of ronim1 has much to be proud of ronim1 has much to be proud of ronim1 has much to be proud of ronim1 has much to be proud of ronim1 has much to be proud of ronim1 has much to be proud of ronim1 has much to be proud of ronim1 has much to be proud of ronim1 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma re View Post
I think rules #2 and #5 are too complicated. Only one of them signing the team up should be enough (unless someone refuses to team up, he/she should say so). Also, in my opinion, it should be enough if only one of them posts picks, after they've agreed via private messages. If they can't agree on some match, they should skip it.
Last year we've played some doubles.
Rule 5: Both player tipped, and the score for the combined picks was used. This makes it much easier. No need for pre arrangements.
2010- Tipping: Winner-Generali Ladies Linz;
2009 Winner Tipping:
Portoroz;2008 Winner Suicide Tennis: Generali Ladies Linz Tipping: Fortis Luxembourg;Kremlin Cup;Guangzhou;New Haven;OG Beijing;Los Angeles;Rome
ronim1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9th, 2009, 01:26 PM   #4
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronim1 View Post
Last year we've played some doubles.
Rule 5: Both player tipped, and the score for the combined picks was used. This makes it much easier. No need for pre arrangements.
Well that sounds good.

BTW, what about bonus points? I think it's not necessary for 8 teams to receive bonus points, cause we probably won't even have much more than 10 teams or so (that way almost everybody would get bonus points). Bonuses starting from semifinalists are enough IMO.
Old Feb 9th, 2009, 04:25 PM   #5
country flag Hele.

Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute

it's better 4 best teams becasue i don't think that we will have number of teams like number of singles players
Old Feb 9th, 2009, 06:12 PM   #6
country flag ma re

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisfan_77 View Post
it's better 4 best teams becasue i don't think that we will have number of teams like number of singles players
My thought exactly, but you said it in a single sentence
Old Feb 10th, 2009, 05:42 AM   #7
country flag ronim1

ronim1 has much to be proud of ronim1 has much to be proud of ronim1 has much to be proud of ronim1 has much to be proud of ronim1 has much to be proud of ronim1 has much to be proud of ronim1 has much to be proud of ronim1 has much to be proud of ronim1 has much to be proud of ronim1 has much to be proud of ronim1 has much to be proud of

I think you Croatian guys are right.
2010- Tipping: Winner-Generali Ladies Linz;
2009 Winner Tipping:
Portoroz;2008 Winner Suicide Tennis: Generali Ladies Linz Tipping: Fortis Luxembourg;Kremlin Cup;Guangzhou;New Haven;OG Beijing;Los Angeles;Rome
ronim1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote