2009-2010 recruiting - "speculation only" - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 22nd, 2009, 04:28 AM   #31
country flag form

form has disabled reputation
Re: 2009-2010 recruiting - "speculation only"

Cal has another scholie open for next year ! Rachel Dillon has been removed from roster and left team despite a pretty good fall.
form is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 22nd, 2009, 01:14 PM   #32
country flag Tennis-Chick

Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by form View Post
Cal has another scholie open for next year ! Rachel Dillon has been removed from roster and left team despite a pretty good fall.
What does that mean? Is she transferring or left college all together?

Beth Mattek-Sands Georgie Stoop

Come back soon Tati
Tennis-Chick is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22nd, 2009, 02:39 PM   #33
Tennisace

Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennis-Chick View Post
What does that mean? Is she transferring or left college all together?
I'm honestly not too surprised. I thought it was quite odd that she didn't play the Cal Winter Invite. As much as she improved since last year, she was never going to break the top No. 1-5 line-up, especially with the year's line-up of Cossou, Juricova, Andersson, Bobusic, and Ilcinkas. Cal is entirely too deep this year, so much so that the line-up is really up in the air. I think the two seniors should play No. 4 and No. 5.

Dillon's only saving grace is her doubles skill but it appears that she isn't strong enough to break into that line-up either. She was the No. 3 doubles player last year but was later replaced.

I think she was originally recruited for her doubles skill but she isn't really paying dividends and with lots of top players in the junior class interested in Cal it's a win win for both Cal and Dillon. I assume she will stay on the West Coast. The last two players to transfer out of California were Wiesener (San Diego where she played No. 1) and Arguelles (Loyola Marymount where she played No. 1 too). Looks like the WCC is a big contender and for some reason I want to lean toward San Francisco.
Tennisace is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22nd, 2009, 05:43 PM   #34
country flag gouci

gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all

West Coast teams with slots open include San Francisco, Fresno St., Hawaii and UC Irvine. If Dillon makes a quick UC to UC transfer and goes to UC Irvine she may want to arrive in time to play against her old team as Cal visits UCI in 2 weeks.
gouci is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22nd, 2009, 08:41 PM   #35
country flag Tennis-Chick

Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the info gouci and tennisace

Beth Mattek-Sands Georgie Stoop

Come back soon Tati
Tennis-Chick is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22nd, 2009, 09:44 PM   #36
country flag form

Why is it just presumed Gouci that everyone in the world would want to go to UCI? Perhaps this player was actually talking to another school prior to her last minute commit to Cal....

and it was not a WCC or UC school...

Not that I'm saying I have that knowledge but.....

And perhaps this student-athlete might prefer a place where she can play high level tennis and reach the NCAA's every year? If this is an option, then there is only one WCC and one BW school that could annually offer the NCAA's historically. Right

Tennis-Chick.. tell your Irish friend to go back to her original list... else she might actually have to meet Gouci someday.
Old Feb 10th, 2009, 08:56 AM   #37
country flag gouci

gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all
Sarah Leonard

Quote:
Originally Posted by gouci View Post
Sarah Leonard - 5 star
I think the contenders are Dartmouth, Wake Forest & Rice. Yale in her home state of Connecticut may be a remote possibility.
** This post had to be deleted due to Copyright laws.**

Please refrain from posting copyright materials.

Last edited by gouci : Jan 8th, 2010 at 05:57 PM.
Old Feb 23rd, 2009, 08:48 PM   #38
country flag gouci

Re: "Speculation Only" 2009-2010 recruiting class targets

Hey Form you might recall about Tiffany Mai who I speculated 8 months ago may have an interest in Long Beach St. She committed to Army.

What's interesting about Mai was her interest in 6 Big West schools: Cal Poly, CSF, UCI, UCD, UCSB & LBS. She even got an offer from UCSB.

I've seen Tiffany Mai listed both as a high school senior and junior this year. Form do you know if she will start college in 2009-2010 or 2010-2011?
Old Feb 23rd, 2009, 09:39 PM   #39
country flag form

'Believe' she is a senior.

Just because kids list a school of interest does not mean it is being recipricated.

And that actually works both ways. I know Denver and Syracuse have in recent months suddenly input interest on kids (coaches can do that too) and then had kids immediately remove the school from the list.

Interestingly this recruit only listed LB as of last week.... right as she listed her LOI to Army... yet I talked with Coach and she has not spoken with her in over a year and never had any sort of scholarship discussion.

So those lists can be very deceiveing.

Odd
Old Feb 25th, 2009, 06:00 PM   #40
country flag gouci

With the April 8th signing period just one and a half months away verbals are heating up again. Unsigned blue chip recruits that took a year off to unsuccessfully try making the pro tour include Jamie Hampton, Chloe Jones & C.C. Sardinha. I expect all 3 to play college tennis for 2009-2010.
Old Feb 26th, 2009, 05:23 PM   #41
country flag gouci

Julia Boserup

Here's part of an update article on Julia Boserup from TRN.

** This post had to be deleted due to Copyright laws.**

Please refrain from posting copyright materials.

Last edited by Steve : Oct 19th, 2009 at 06:18 PM.
Old Mar 8th, 2009, 06:48 AM   #42
country flag gouci

Arizona State

Someone is set to lose a scholarship or to leave Arizona State for 2009-2010.
The most likely candidate is Ali Van Horne.

1. Kelcy McKenna - So.
2. Nadia Abdala - Jr.
3. Micaela Hein - So.
4. Laila Abdala - Sr.
5. Michelle Brycki - Fr.
6. Sianna Simmons - Fr.
7. Ashlee Brown - So.
8. Ali Van Horne - So.

Incoming
1. Jacqueline Cako
2. Nicole Smith

Only 1 outgoing senior but 2 incoming freshmen.
Old Apr 6th, 2009, 04:02 PM   #43
Tennisace

Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold

Bartnik will announce later this week. I think she's heading to Duke.
Tennisace is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6th, 2009, 05:17 PM   #44
country flag gouci

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
Bartnik will announce later this week. I think she's heading to Duke.
I agree that Duke is the most likely destination since Duke & Georgia are like the only top 10 teams not to have any commitments yet for 2009-2010. I would speculate that Florida & Georgia may be sleeper picks.

Last edited by gouci : Apr 6th, 2009 at 05:28 PM.
Old Apr 6th, 2009, 05:22 PM   #45
country flag gouci

Signing Day Question

Question - This signing day on Wed. April 8th are the only ones allowed to sign seniors?

I'm assuming juniors like blue chip Kate Fuller will have to wait until the early signing period in November. So if any junior signs this week does that imply she will graduate early?