irish tennis - Page 12 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 31st, 2008, 09:49 PM   #166
country flag polly

polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of
Re: irish tennis

i would love if we would be as good as the belgians and the czechs, but i would say i am only dreaming, realistically i reckon we will have at least 2 to 3 players in top 100 of the wta and atp rankings from 5 years onwards
polly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 31st, 2008, 09:49 PM   #167
country flag Tennis-Chick

Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute

Just checking the ITF site, Levova and Bowtell are on the entry lists for a few $1oks in Britain in January, but both are quite far out on the alts list.

Also good to see McGee, O'Brien, King, Farron-Mahon and Glancy on the lists for quite a few futures at the start of the year.

Beth Mattek-Sands Georgie Stoop

Come back soon Tati
Tennis-Chick is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31st, 2008, 09:50 PM   #168

Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by polly View Post
i would love if we would be as good as the belgians and the czechs, but i would say i am only dreaming, realistically i reckon we will have at least 2 to 3 players in top 100 of the wta and atp rankings from 5 years onwards
Well you never know look at Denmark with Wozniacki!

Come back soon Tati
Old Jan 1st, 2009, 04:31 PM   #169
country flag polly

polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of

I read in a newspaper a few years ago that irish system is supposed to based 75% on the belgian system
Old Jan 2nd, 2009, 02:34 PM   #170

Sam Barry has withdrew from the first Grade 1 in Aus, but Morrissey has made the MD and doesn't have to play qualies.

I wonder why Barry withdrew, it would have been a great opportunity for him and he wouldn't have had to play qualies either.

http://www.tennis.com.au/pages/image...804.8890058912

Come back soon Tati
Old Jan 2nd, 2009, 07:31 PM   #171
country flag polly

Oh no Sam, i hope there isnt much wrong
Old Jan 3rd, 2009, 04:12 AM   #172
country flag Tipp

Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of

Oh, that sucks. But, you never know, with travel to Australia from Ireland being as difficult as it is, it may have been as simple as missed flight or something

As far as the girls are concerned, Amy seemed to make a little improvement towards the end of year and is over a year younger than Sam or John so she still has plenty of time to develop. I wouldn't hold out much hope for the coming months, though - if my maths are correct she turned 15 in September last year, which would make her very likely to be studying for her Junior Cert this year. I wouldn't expect too much of Sinead yet, either, if she does move on to the U18 ITF circuit. The gap between the calibre of player she'd meet at an amateur U16 Irish-only event versus the U18 circuit is massive. To put things in perspective, the number 1 U14 player is only ranked around 900 on the U18. I have every confidence that Sinead will have success in the future, but hoping for it to come this year is probably optimistic.

A random other bit of information: I was googling for info on the Irish juniors and found out that John Morrissey is actually a full-timer at Justine Henin's tennis academy. Click here to see their list of full-timers. While it's encouraging that he was picked to join them, it means his success can't be attributed to Tennis Ireland's efforts, which is unfortunate. Also a member of the academy is Irina Kromacheva, the last girl to beat Amy in 08. Unbelievably, she (at 12 years old) already has her own website. In the story about her recent ITF title on the site whoever is writing says that Amy is over 190cm and has a good serve. I think. Their English is pretty broken.
Tipp is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3rd, 2009, 12:47 PM   #173

I know I don't expect too much from Sinéad in U18s next year but I think she can win some matches. The top U14 junior in the rankings is Sachia Vickery, who at 13 is already 91st in the world.

Never knew that Morrissey was a member of Henins academy, that's great that he is learning from a former world number one

Wow 190cm that's about 6"2 at 15

Come back soon Tati
Old Jan 3rd, 2009, 01:04 PM   #174
country flag polly

Who is sachia vickery, and is Amy Bowtell 6'2 at only 15
Old Jan 4th, 2009, 01:30 AM   #175
country flag Tipp

Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of

Vickery is an American player. Sorry, when I said the top player is ranked 900 I should have specified I was going by the Tennis Europe U14 rankings, in which Petra Uberalova (SVK) is number 1.

As for Amy's height, here's the quote:

Quote:
In the semi-Irina waited Bowtell from Ireland. High under 190 with a good serve, she has had the greatest resistance to the account 6-2 6-4.
Doesn't make much sense but I'm not sure what else the 190 could be referring to. I initially assumed they used "under" where they meant "over" but on second thought it could mean "just under 190cm".

Here, judge for yourself:

First of all, Poor Amy with the closed eyes. But, yeah, she's taller than nearly all the fully grown men in the picture, so I'd say 6"2 isn't too far off.
Old Jan 4th, 2009, 11:12 PM   #176

That's very tall for her age, I wonder if she will grow any taller? I feel for her closing her eyes, I hate when I do that in photos

Come back soon Tati
Old Jan 4th, 2009, 11:39 PM   #177
country flag polly

I see that Sinead Lohan has entered the under 14 event in tarbes
Old Jan 5th, 2009, 02:37 AM   #178
country flag hellas719

hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by polly View Post
I wish that would happen with Greece. I wish we would have both quantity and quality players, like the US or France or Russia or the Czech Republic, or maybe just quantity like Germany,Australia and Ukraine. Realistically, we could only have like 15 players at max. ranked at once. I really want to have Alexis Prousis USA transfer, but I doubt it would happen.

Sticking to Irish tennis, what's up with Kelly Liggan? Her rank has dropped a lot. Injury?

Wickmayer. Venus. Ivanovic. Cirstea. Halep.
Azarenka. Krajicek. Flipkens. Pironkova. Begu.
Lisicki. Paszek. Vesnina. Pavlyuchenkova. Cornet.
Stephens. Oudin. King. Vandeweghe. McHale.
Grammatikopoulou ~ Papamichail ~ Sakkari
hellas719 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6th, 2009, 09:36 PM   #179
country flag Tipp

Who knows? The papers here never give any updates on her. I doubt it's injury though, as her results were pretty consistently poor last year. Also, she only played one doubles tournament. So, given her age, I'm guessing it's more a case of winding down her commitment to tennis.
Old Jan 6th, 2009, 10:48 PM   #180

Levova has withdrawn from the first to $1oks in Britian

Come back soon Tati