irish tennis - Page 11 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 31st, 2008, 11:20 AM   #151
country flag polly

polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of
Re: irish tennis

just read on the tennis ireland website that sinead lohan won the girls under 16's
polly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 31st, 2008, 12:42 PM   #152
country flag Tennis-Chick

Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute

Well done Sinéad!! She only dropped 9 games on her way to the title!

Megan McGreevy won the U14s.

Beth Mattek-Sands Georgie Stoop

Come back soon Tati
Tennis-Chick is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31st, 2008, 12:45 PM   #153

Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by polly View Post
just read in todays irish independent that it will be the first time ever that we will have two irish juniors competing in the junior australian open, thats sam barry aand john morrissey, it would be great if one of them could qualify.

i was wondering their recently with the sinead lohan's success, who do you think has more potntial, amy bowtell or sinead lohan? I have a feeling it might be Sinead, but i am not sure.
That's great news! It shows how Irish juniors are improving!

Yeah I would go with Sinead too she seems to achieved more than Bowtell did at her age, but we wont really know until she plays some ITF juniors. I had great hopes for Bowtell this time last year, but she hasn't improved much this year

Come back soon Tati
Old Dec 31st, 2008, 12:54 PM   #154

U18 Girls Final

Lynsey McCullough [1] def. Emily Madill 3-6 6-3 6-2

Well done Lynsey!!

Come back soon Tati
Old Dec 31st, 2008, 12:57 PM   #155

Womens Final

Mariyana Levova [1] def. Lynsey McCullough 6-0 6-1

Tough scoreline for McCullough and in 30mins as well Maybe she was tired after the U18 final. I was expecting Levova to win obviously but not that easy. Hopefully this will be the start of a great tennis year for Levova

Come back soon Tati
Old Dec 31st, 2008, 01:10 PM   #156
country flag polly

polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of

i am delighted for levova, what kind of potential does she have
Old Dec 31st, 2008, 04:43 PM   #157

Mens Final

James McGee [1] def. Colin O'Brien [2] 6-3 7-6(3)

Well done James

Come back soon Tati
Old Dec 31st, 2008, 08:21 PM   #158
country flag polly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennis-Chick View Post
That's great news! It shows how Irish juniors are improving!

Yeah I would go with Sinead too she seems to achieved more than Bowtell did at her age, but we wont really know until she plays some ITF juniors. I had great hopes for Bowtell this time last year, but she hasn't improved much this year
Yeah I was very disappointed with Amy Bowtell's results this year, maybe its a big jump from european under age level to the ITF junior circuit, so maybe amy was finding it difficult to cope or maybe she was injured??
Old Dec 31st, 2008, 08:50 PM   #159

Quote:
Yeah I was very disappointed with Amy Bowtell's results this year, maybe its a big jump from european under age level to the ITF junior circuit, so maybe amy was finding it difficult to cope or maybe she was injured??
Yes maybe, well hopefully she settles down next year and wins a few Grade 4s & 5s. Also would like to see Sinéad play some ITFs at the start of the year!

Come back soon Tati
Old Dec 31st, 2008, 09:07 PM   #160
country flag polly

Yeah I have a feeing Amy will win a few tournies next year and it will be interesting to see how Sinead's career will turn out. I was surprised to see how easily Sinead won the under 16 girls at only 13 years of age. I would say Sinead would want to be winning the national under 18 title at fitzwilliam in 2009 or am i really pushing it?

I have a notion that Amy might be a late developer because she seems to very very tall for age.
Old Dec 31st, 2008, 09:16 PM   #161

Quote:
Yeah I have a feeing Amy will win a few tournies next year and it will be interesting to see how Sinead's career will turn out. I was surprised to see how easily Sinead won the under 16 girls at only 13 years of age. I would say Sinead would want to be winning the national under 18 title at fitzwilliam in 2009 or am i really pushing it?

I have a notion that Amy might be a late developer because she seems to very very tall for age.
Nah I think she could win the U18s next year. There isn't that many players that could beat her if she improves like she has this year, only really McCullough, Madill and Hannah-May Morrissey and Bowtell if she plays could beat her.

Just checking the juniors ranking, its great to see two Irish juniors in the top 130. Bowtell now ranked around 450

Come back soon Tati
Old Dec 31st, 2008, 09:20 PM   #162
country flag polly

Did you mean Amy or Sinead could win the under 18's, i would love to see sinead winning the event as she would be only 14 then, i wonder who was the youngest ever winner of the girls singles at fitzwilliam
Old Dec 31st, 2008, 09:25 PM   #163

Quote:
Did you mean Amy or Sinead could win the under 18's, i would love to see sinead winning the event as she would be only 14 then, i wonder who was the youngest ever winner of the girls singles at fitzwilliam
Sorry didn't make that too clear I meant Sinéad I don't know, I've never even seen a list of the previous winners

Come back soon Tati
Old Dec 31st, 2008, 09:30 PM   #164
country flag polly

Its great to see the junior tennis in ireland is improving all the time, if we could a few more amy and sineads we would be doing very well and also it will be interesting to see sam barry and john morrissey play in australia.

I think since the full time squads have being set up at the national tennis centre at dcu, irish tennis has being making great progress. What do you think of the whole setup, what can you see in 10 years time??
Old Dec 31st, 2008, 09:45 PM   #165

Quote:
Its great to see the junior tennis in ireland is improving all the time, if we could a few more amy and sineads we would be doing very well and also it will be interesting to see sam barry and john morrissey play in australia.

I think since the full time squads have being set up at the national tennis centre at dcu, irish tennis has being making great progress. What do you think of the whole setup, what can you see in 10 years time??
Yeah I hope they can both qualify for at least one of the Grade 1's and it would be great to see if both of them can make the main draw of the Aussie Open.

Yeah there does seem to be an improvement in Irish tennis lately, but I don't really know enough about the system to see how many good players it can produce. What do you think of our future hopes?

Come back soon Tati