Which girls will be in TOP 10 for London Olympics 2012? - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 7th, 2008, 03:48 PM   #31
country flag wally1

wally1 has a brilliant future wally1 has a brilliant future wally1 has a brilliant future wally1 has a brilliant future wally1 has a brilliant future wally1 has a brilliant future wally1 has a brilliant future wally1 has a brilliant future wally1 has a brilliant future wally1 has a brilliant future wally1 has a brilliant future
Re: Which girls will be in TOP 10 for London Olympics 2012?

Quote:
Originally Posted by raffles View Post
I'm not so sure that de Brito/Robson are going to be getting into the top 10 before their 18th birthday. There hasn't been many players getting into the Top10 at such a young age recently.
It'll be interesting to see how these two develop in the coming years. I've seen much more of Robson, but it seems to me she has the potential for a bigger game, with a better serve and bigger groundstrokes than de Brito. But Robson has really played too little tennis to make any confident predictions.

I've only seen one full match of de Brito, that was her qualies match at Wimbledon when she was beaten by Foretz. Her game struck me as derivative Bollettieri school, but without the big weapons of say a Vaidisova. What really stood out was her incredible intensity and desire to win, and that in a match being watched by no more than about 20 people.
wally1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 7th, 2008, 04:11 PM   #32
country flag MarieC

MarieC is a splendid one to behold MarieC is a splendid one to behold MarieC is a splendid one to behold MarieC is a splendid one to behold MarieC is a splendid one to behold MarieC is a splendid one to behold MarieC is a splendid one to behold MarieC is a splendid one to behold MarieC is a splendid one to behold MarieC is a splendid one to behold MarieC is a splendid one to behold

Difficult to say who will be in but it's easier to predict who will be out. I don't see Maria's shoulder holding up for another 3 years. Persistent injuries and off court interests will probably make her the next early retirement we see. I also see both William's sisters retiring sometime before 2012. Kuznetsova, Dementieva, and Zvonareva will probably be on the downside of their careers and will be kicking around the top 20 instead of the top 10. I see Elena sticking around for 1 more Olympics to try and defend her title then retiring at the end of the 2012 season. I expect Jankovic, Ivanovic, and Safina to still be strong top 10 players, and we'll see some of the young names like Wozniacki, and Radwanska be persistent top performers on tour. De Brito and Robson are still a bit young to predict if they will be top players on tour especially Robson. They may be top 20 on the edge of the top 10 come 2012.
MarieC is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7th, 2008, 04:24 PM   #33
country flag smokovec

smokovec has a reputation beyond repute smokovec has a reputation beyond repute smokovec has a reputation beyond repute smokovec has a reputation beyond repute smokovec has a reputation beyond repute smokovec has a reputation beyond repute smokovec has a reputation beyond repute smokovec has a reputation beyond repute smokovec has a reputation beyond repute smokovec has a reputation beyond repute smokovec has a reputation beyond repute

Wozniacki
Jankovic
Ivanovic
Radwanska
Chakvetadze
Safina
Sharapova
Zvonareva
Azarenka
Cirstea

Hampton * Radwanska

Cibulkova * Diyas * Hsieh * Muguruza * Paszek * Puig * Vesnina * Zheng
smokovec is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7th, 2008, 04:48 PM   #34
country flag raffles

raffles has much to be proud of raffles has much to be proud of raffles has much to be proud of raffles has much to be proud of raffles has much to be proud of raffles has much to be proud of raffles has much to be proud of raffles has much to be proud of raffles has much to be proud of raffles has much to be proud of raffles has much to be proud of

I agree with alot of MarieC is saying. I pretty much agree about Kuzy, Demented and Vera being on slide like Mauresmo is now. I kind of disagree in regard to Sharapova retiring due to off-court interests. I think if she's healthy and playing at at top level she will stay around until 2012 but I doubt that physically she will be up to it. Of course I'd love if she was still playing in 2012 and I think she would like to compete in at least one Olympics, especially since it's going to be played at Wimbledon.

Quote:
What really stood out was her incredible intensity and desire to win, and that in a match being watched by no more than about 20 people.
That is bound to serve her well in the future. If she's mentally strong that will be a huge advantage to her, look at all the headcases in the WTA at the moment.

Quote:
De Brito and Robson are still a bit young to predict if they will be top players on tour especially Robson. They may be top 20 on the edge of the top 10 come 2012.
If all goes well, this is the level I hope that they will be at by 2012.

Lets not forget some of the players in recent times have come into the top10 as slightly older players. We might be seeing more of that in the future.
raffles is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7th, 2008, 04:55 PM   #35
country flag saint2

saint2 has a reputation beyond repute saint2 has a reputation beyond repute saint2 has a reputation beyond repute saint2 has a reputation beyond repute saint2 has a reputation beyond repute saint2 has a reputation beyond repute saint2 has a reputation beyond repute saint2 has a reputation beyond repute saint2 has a reputation beyond repute saint2 has a reputation beyond repute saint2 has a reputation beyond repute

You guys are acting like thats tournament is in a few months...Be serious- its 4 years. It will be diffrent Era. Who knows, maybe Jessica Moore will be dominant player these times? You never know. If in 2006 someone would tell me that in 08 Jankovic will be #1, Safina#3 and Vaidisova out of top40, I'd laugh at him...
Old Dec 7th, 2008, 05:16 PM   #36
country flag .:sk:.
Fightiana!!! <3

.:sk:. has a reputation beyond repute .:sk:. has a reputation beyond repute .:sk:. has a reputation beyond repute .:sk:. has a reputation beyond repute .:sk:. has a reputation beyond repute .:sk:. has a reputation beyond repute .:sk:. has a reputation beyond repute .:sk:. has a reputation beyond repute .:sk:. has a reputation beyond repute .:sk:. has a reputation beyond repute .:sk:. has a reputation beyond repute

1. Ivanovic
2. Golovin
3. Wozniacki
4. Sharapova
5. Jankovic
6. A. Radwanska
7. Vaidisova
8. Zvonareva
9. Azarenka
10. Lisicki

Cibulkova | Ivanovic | Kirilenko | Azarenka | Lisicki | Malek | Grönefeld | Hercog | Pivovarova

My Stuttgart 2009 pics & vids !!! [thread]
My blog - My YouTube channel
.:sk:. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7th, 2008, 05:26 PM   #37
country flag Slutati
The Most Lovely Member

Slutati has a reputation beyond repute Slutati has a reputation beyond repute Slutati has a reputation beyond repute Slutati has a reputation beyond repute Slutati has a reputation beyond repute Slutati has a reputation beyond repute Slutati has a reputation beyond repute Slutati has a reputation beyond repute Slutati has a reputation beyond repute Slutati has a reputation beyond repute Slutati has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:sk:. View Post
1. Ivanovic
2. Golovin
3. Wozniacki
4. Sharapova
5. Jankovic
6. A. Radwanska
7. Vaidisova
8. Zvonareva
9. Azarenka
10. Lisicki

Excuse me?
Slutati is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7th, 2008, 05:29 PM   #38
country flag Rik.

Rik. has a reputation beyond repute Rik. has a reputation beyond repute Rik. has a reputation beyond repute Rik. has a reputation beyond repute Rik. has a reputation beyond repute Rik. has a reputation beyond repute Rik. has a reputation beyond repute Rik. has a reputation beyond repute Rik. has a reputation beyond repute Rik. has a reputation beyond repute Rik. has a reputation beyond repute

Ivanovic
Sharapova
Jankovic
Wozniacki
A. Radwanska
De Brito
Robson
Pavlyuchenkova
Safina
Serena
Rik. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7th, 2008, 05:29 PM   #39
country flag Ciarán

Ciarán has a reputation beyond repute Ciarán has a reputation beyond repute Ciarán has a reputation beyond repute Ciarán has a reputation beyond repute Ciarán has a reputation beyond repute Ciarán has a reputation beyond repute Ciarán has a reputation beyond repute Ciarán has a reputation beyond repute Ciarán has a reputation beyond repute Ciarán has a reputation beyond repute Ciarán has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slutati View Post

Excuse me?

Paszek & Chakvetadze & Vaidisova & Sharapova & Pavlyuchenkova & Vekic.
Ciarán is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7th, 2008, 05:32 PM   #40
country flag Slutati
The Most Lovely Member

Slutati has a reputation beyond repute Slutati has a reputation beyond repute Slutati has a reputation beyond repute Slutati has a reputation beyond repute Slutati has a reputation beyond repute Slutati has a reputation beyond repute Slutati has a reputation beyond repute Slutati has a reputation beyond repute Slutati has a reputation beyond repute Slutati has a reputation beyond repute Slutati has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euphoriaa View Post
What?
Old Dec 7th, 2008, 05:35 PM   #41
country flag Ciarán

Ciarán has a reputation beyond repute Ciarán has a reputation beyond repute Ciarán has a reputation beyond repute Ciarán has a reputation beyond repute Ciarán has a reputation beyond repute Ciarán has a reputation beyond repute Ciarán has a reputation beyond repute Ciarán has a reputation beyond repute Ciarán has a reputation beyond repute Ciarán has a reputation beyond repute Ciarán has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slutati View Post
What?

Paszek & Chakvetadze & Vaidisova & Sharapova & Pavlyuchenkova & Vekic.
Ciarán is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7th, 2008, 05:38 PM   #42
country flag Slutati
The Most Lovely Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euphoriaa View Post
Old Dec 7th, 2008, 08:35 PM   #43
country flag Cp6uja

Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute

If we look at official WTA rankings during US Open 2006, we will notice just three (Russian) player which is still TOP10 two years later (just one player from september 2006 TOP12 is in current TOP7, Elena Dementieva, but dont forget that Elena during 2007 several months also drop from TOP10)!
Code:
1 - 	Amelie Mauresmo     (#24)
2 - 	Justine Henin       (N/A)
3 - 	Kim Clijsters       (N/A)
4 - 	Maria Sharapova     ( #9)
5 - 	Elena Dementieva    ( #4)
6 - 	Nadia Petrova       (#11)
7 - 	Svetlana Kuznetsova ( #8)
8 - 	Patty Schnyder      (#13)
9 - 	Martina Hingis      (N/A)
10 -	Nicole Vaidisova    (#41)
11 -	Lindsay Davenport   (#35)
12 -	Anastasia Myskina   (N/A)
...etc...
So obviously it's hard to predict TOP10 even 2 years in future.

But 21yo Maria Sharapova and Ana Ivanovic seems like sure bets right now and not too much older Jelena, Dinara and Safina is all three over 50% chances to stay in TOP10 for sure.

Talking about sisters it's always really hard to say anything about over 30 players.

Talking about younger generation i dont see so dominant talents. Couple years ago seems that Vaidisova, Golovin and Karantantcheva will be by far best players of that "next" generation, but now seems that Radwanska, Azarenka and Wozniacki have better chances. Also dont forget some players which is in current slump but prove their possibilities like Chakvetadze, Safarova and Szavay. Of course, nobody will be surprised to see 19yo De Brito or 18yo Laura Robson in TOP10 when London Olympics starts and also never dont underrate Pavlyuchenkova chances and dont forget Kvitova.

AMAZING BELGRADE MIRACLE: In just three years (2008-2011) 5 different players born in same city reach world #1 in rankings and several GS titles and finals (WTA singles: Ana Ivanovic and Jelena Jankovic, ATP singles: Novak Djokovic, ATP doubles: Nenad Zimonjic and Daniel Nestor... with notable performances of Bojana Jovanovski, Janko Tipsarevic and Viktor Troicki which is also all three born in Belgrade)
Cp6uja is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7th, 2008, 08:58 PM   #44
country flag danieln1
VIP and The Cheesecake Factory

danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute

Ana
Maria
Serena
Venus
Caroline
Vaidisova
Lindsay!!! (joking)
Azarenka
Sveta
Aga

Ivanovic - Görges - Agnieszka - Li - Woz

Venus - Kvitova - Putintseva - Golden Flowers - Stosur - Stephens

that is so disrespectful.... so disrespectful!
danieln1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8th, 2008, 12:01 AM   #45
country flag MrSerenaWilliams
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

MrSerenaWilliams has a reputation beyond repute MrSerenaWilliams has a reputation beyond repute MrSerenaWilliams has a reputation beyond repute MrSerenaWilliams has a reputation beyond repute MrSerenaWilliams has a reputation beyond repute MrSerenaWilliams has a reputation beyond repute MrSerenaWilliams has a reputation beyond repute MrSerenaWilliams has a reputation beyond repute MrSerenaWilliams has a reputation beyond repute MrSerenaWilliams has a reputation beyond repute MrSerenaWilliams has a reputation beyond repute

Serena, Venus, Jelena, Maria, Ana, Michelle LDB, Safina, Radwanska, and someone who hasn't cracked the top 50 yet.

EIGHTEEN GRAND SLAMS
LaReina Jameka Williams
MrSerenaWilliams is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote