Ana Vrljic cheering thread - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Nov 21st, 2008, 06:48 PM   #31
country flag networthy

networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future
Re: Ana Vrljic cheering thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by networthy View Post
In the QF she plays the #2 seed, Zahlavova (#182, career-high #139). I can't see Ana winning but I wish her the best.
I take back and apologize for what I said about Ana. This is an excellent result. Good luck to her on her next match.
networthy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 22nd, 2008, 01:12 PM   #32
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

Wins the semi 6:4 6:3

Next up is Rus, 17 y.o. ranked 188, with a career-high rank of 169. A tough job, but I guess anything's possible in the finals.

AJMO ANA

P. S. She should rise at least some 20 places in the rankings after this - not bad!
ma re is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23rd, 2008, 02:09 PM   #33
country flag Krijes Sedam

Krijes Sedam is just really nice Krijes Sedam is just really nice Krijes Sedam is just really nice Krijes Sedam is just really nice Krijes Sedam is just really nice Krijes Sedam is just really nice Krijes Sedam is just really nice Krijes Sedam is just really nice Krijes Sedam is just really nice Krijes Sedam is just really nice Krijes Sedam is just really nice

Lost in the finals, but never mind, great week for Vrljic
Krijes Sedam is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23rd, 2008, 02:39 PM   #34
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krijes Sedam View Post
Lost in the finals, but never mind, great week for Vrljic
I totally agree, she turned things around quite nicely this week after a long drought without serious results.

Well done!
Old Jan 2nd, 2009, 10:58 AM   #35
country flag ma re

Ana is on the list for Boca Raton 25k MD (should be seeded there). Obviously doesen't count on making a cut for AO.
Old Jan 13th, 2009, 09:42 PM   #36
country flag networthy

networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future

In R1 of Boca Raton $25K, Ana beat Lindsay Lee-Waters (ranked #323) 36 61 60. This is a good way for Ana to start the year (especially the last two sets!).

In R2 she'll play someone ranked lower than Lee-Waters, which is always good. It'll be either Violette Huck (#341) or qualifier Darya Kustova (#448). Best of luck to Ana in her next match and in '09!
Old Jan 27th, 2009, 01:32 PM   #37
country flag ma re

She's playing a qualifier El Tabakh in R1 of Laguna Nigel 25k. A nice draw for the first round.
Old Jan 30th, 2009, 02:49 PM   #38
country flag ma re

She retired after just one set played (2:6) against 7th seed Scheepers in R2
Old Mar 4th, 2009, 08:29 PM   #39
country flag networthy

Ana won her R1 match at the $25K in Minsk this week. She beat Melanie Klaffner, a talented 18-y.o. ranked #281, in straights. It's a good win for her.

In R2 she plays Anastasiya Vasylyeva, a very promising youngster (she just turned 17 and already has a number of ITF MD wins).

Good luck to Ana!
Old Mar 5th, 2009, 08:11 AM   #40
country flag ma re

I agree, but it's been a while since she made some notable result - finals of Opole 25k last November, to be exact. She's also defending QF here in Minsk, so the job isn't done yet, and afterwards she's defending two consecutive 25k finals in late March - early April, so she needs to find some good form A.S.A.P.

Good luck Ana
Old Mar 27th, 2009, 08:42 AM   #41
country flag ma re

Ana has a tough job ahead, plays top seed Foretz for a place in the semis of Jersey 25k, where she's seeded 5th.

Ajmo Ana
Old Apr 27th, 2009, 04:01 PM   #42
country flag networthy

In Makarska R1, Ana plays Simona HALEP, a very talented 17 yo. Halep was the #1 junior in the world at one time last year and is #316 on the women's circuit (career-high #305).

This will be a dangerous match for Ana--hope she pulls through!
Old May 16th, 2009, 10:20 AM   #43
ajmo!

ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future

After she lost in Makarska 7-5 in 3rd set against on the end finalist of the tournament Ana again had bad luck. In QR1 of WTA Warsaw she played against 3rd seed Kerber and lost 63 06 64. She actually won 6 points more and had 5 BPs more than Kerber.
ajmo! is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2009, 01:24 PM   #44
country flag ma re

Hope she continues playing good (but with a bit more luck) in FO qualies
Old May 16th, 2009, 08:20 PM   #45
country flag Krzysiu.

Krzysiu. has much to be proud of Krzysiu. has much to be proud of Krzysiu. has much to be proud of Krzysiu. has much to be proud of Krzysiu. has much to be proud of Krzysiu. has much to be proud of Krzysiu. has much to be proud of Krzysiu. has much to be proud of Krzysiu. has much to be proud of Krzysiu. has much to be proud of Krzysiu. has much to be proud of

Before I went to watch her, she already lost to Angie ;> She looked exactly the same as in Zawada 08 when I saw her for the last time when she cried in final against Arannie
Krzysiu. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote