Goddess in training: Despina Papamichail - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Nov 3rd, 2008, 06:25 PM   #16
country flag hellas719

hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Goddess in the making:Despina Papamichail

In 10k El Menzah,Tunisia, Despina is in singles MD. She will play against Austria's Stephanie Hirsch in R32.

Wickmayer. Venus. Ivanovic. Cirstea. Halep.
Azarenka. Krajicek. Flipkens. Pironkova. Begu.
Lisicki. Paszek. Vesnina. Pavlyuchenkova. Cornet.
Stephens. Oudin. King. Vandeweghe. McHale.
Grammatikopoulou ~ Papamichail ~ Sakkari
hellas719 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 4th, 2008, 07:35 PM   #17
country flag hellas719

hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Goddess in the making: Despina Papamichail

Despina won!6-2 6-0! Great win. She will play against (7)Goncalves of France in R16. Pame, Despina!!!!!!

Old Nov 5th, 2008, 07:07 PM   #18
country flag hellas719

Despina won!!!62 06 62!!!!!!!!!. She will play agianst the 4th seeded Amanda Carreras of Great Britain in the Qf's. Pame!

Old Nov 6th, 2008, 12:49 PM   #19
country flag merda2004

merda2004 has much to be proud of merda2004 has much to be proud of merda2004 has much to be proud of merda2004 has much to be proud of merda2004 has much to be proud of merda2004 has much to be proud of merda2004 has much to be proud of merda2004 has much to be proud of merda2004 has much to be proud of merda2004 has much to be proud of merda2004 has much to be proud of

carreras ha?hope despoina makes it to the final and wins it!!!!go despoina!!!we need something to cheer about!!!
Old Nov 6th, 2008, 06:50 PM   #20
country flag hellas719

Uggh! (4)Carreras d. Papamichail 6-2 7-5. Good try though. At least you made QF .

Old Nov 15th, 2008, 03:43 PM   #21
country flag hellas719

Despina ends the year at #3 in the U16 rankings, which is great for a 15 year old that will return to that circuit next season. She is a very nice, high-spirited girl based on the interviews of her that I saw.
The 1st interview was at $50.000 Patras Cup 2008 in March/April. The interview can be found here: http://tennisnews.gr/index.php?optio...=46&Itemid=117
The 2nd interview was at Athens $100.000+H in September and the link is as follows: http://link.brightcove.com/services/...ctid1842856707

-Basically, she is saying in interview#1, that she won her QR1 match against another Greek, Simona Syleouni. She struggled a little bit, but played good overall. Now she will see who she will play in the next round, and it might be Biljana Pavlova, who she beat a few weeks eralier at 10k Porto Rafti. The writing on her hand was put by her friend, after she won the Preveza junior cup. In the second interview, she is talking about how she lost in QR1 to Veronika Kapshay of Ukraine, a very talented player, and how she tried her best, but just couldn't win. She also talks a little bit about how great it is to have such a big tournament in Greece.

Old Nov 17th, 2008, 07:00 PM   #22
country flag hellas719

Despoina's rank jumped up this week from 1017 to 952!

Old Nov 22nd, 2008, 07:09 AM   #23
country flag Tenisci

Tenisci has a reputation beyond repute Tenisci has a reputation beyond repute Tenisci has a reputation beyond repute Tenisci has a reputation beyond repute Tenisci has a reputation beyond repute Tenisci has a reputation beyond repute Tenisci has a reputation beyond repute Tenisci has a reputation beyond repute Tenisci has a reputation beyond repute Tenisci has a reputation beyond repute Tenisci has a reputation beyond repute

Despina today sent me a birthda message
Tenisci is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22nd, 2008, 02:21 PM   #24
country flag hellas719

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenisci View Post
Despina today sent me a birthda message
Cool! You know her personally?

Old Nov 22nd, 2008, 02:43 PM   #25
country flag Tenisci

Tenisci has a reputation beyond repute Tenisci has a reputation beyond repute Tenisci has a reputation beyond repute Tenisci has a reputation beyond repute Tenisci has a reputation beyond repute Tenisci has a reputation beyond repute Tenisci has a reputation beyond repute Tenisci has a reputation beyond repute Tenisci has a reputation beyond repute Tenisci has a reputation beyond repute Tenisci has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellas719 View Post
Cool! You know her personally?
we talk on MSN
Old Nov 22nd, 2008, 06:13 PM   #26
country flag hellas719

Quote:
we talk on MSN
Cool. She is a very nice girl from what I've heard her say in interviews. Her and Anna Koumantou are good embassadors for Greece and Greek tennis. Koumantou is always playing doubles w/Turkish players, Ozgen and Buycakycay(sorry if i spelled it wrong). That's what I like. They make peace.

Btw, do you know what happened to Koumantou. Did she retire? Her last tourney was Istanbul Cup. If not, would you mind asking Pemra or Cagla if you can? Thanks

Also, Happy Birthday!

Old Nov 22nd, 2008, 06:39 PM   #27
country flag Tenisci

Quote:
Cool. She is a very nice girl from what I've heard her say in interviews. Her and Anna Koumantou are good embassadors for Greece and Greek tennis. Koumantou is always playing doubles w/Turkish players, Ozgen and Buycakycay(sorry if i spelled it wrong). That's what I like. They make peace.

Btw, do you know what happened to Koumantou. Did she retire? Her last tourney was Istanbul Cup. If not, would you mind asking Pemra or Cagla if you can? Thanks

Also, Happy Birthday!
I also wonder what happened to her. If you want i can ask to Cagla Buyukakcay. Turkeya and Greece should be good friends. I think that the bad things are between politicians. I think that Turkish and Greek people dont have bad thought against others.

Cagla and Pemra and Ipek played with Koumantou, Pemra played with Gerasimou and former Zacharidou played with Ipek many times. I also like Anna Gerasimou, she is nice too, she liked my forehand
Old Nov 22nd, 2008, 06:58 PM   #28
country flag hellas719

Quote:
I also wonder what happened to her. If you want i can ask to Cagla Buyukakcay. Turkeya and Greece should be good friends. I think that the bad things are between politicians. I think that Turkish and Greek people dont have bad thought against others.

Cagla and Pemra and Ipek played with Koumantou, Pemra played with Gerasimou and former Zacharidou played with Ipek many times. I also like Anna Gerasimou, she is nice too, she liked my forehand
That would be very nice if you ask her. And yes, Greece and Turkey SHOULD be friends, and lately the two countries have gotten closer to each other. I would love to visit Turkey one day. My sister is dying to go. She wants to see Hagia Sofia and other stuff in Istanbul.

Old Nov 22nd, 2008, 09:31 PM   #29
country flag Tenisci

Quote:
That would be very nice if you ask her. And yes, Greece and Turkey SHOULD be friends, and lately the two countries have gotten closer to each other. I would love to visit Turkey one day. My sister is dying to go. She wants to see Hagia Sofia and other stuff in Istanbul.
You should do it. There are lots of places to visit.
Old Dec 17th, 2008, 02:59 AM   #30
country flag hellas719

Wow! I just realized it, and Despina should stop playing U16 Europe tournaments. She is only 15 and is ranked #3 there. She should play more ITF juniors. She won her last 2 singles tournaments and her last 2 doubles tournaments on the ITF junior circuit. She hasn't lost a set on that circuit in her 4 titles. She is ranked 584 there and only has 3 tourneys in her ranking. The other tourney was in Greece and she lost in R1 of singles and doubles, probably because of nerves. She needs to a big step to the next level. I think if she dedicates herself to the ITF juniors, she could play a slam next year.