irish tennis - Page 6 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Nov 9th, 2008, 06:09 PM   #76
country flag KournikovaFan91
*Sesil*

KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: irish tennis

I dunno why the Dept. of Foregin Affairs is dragging its heels on the Levova thing she has lived her forever.

I really dont think Bowtell will ever become a player that is even Liggan's standard

Old Nov 9th, 2008, 06:45 PM   #77
country flag polly

polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of

To be honest I reckon ever since Bowtell got selected to play for Ireland in this year's federation cup, i have a gut feeling it went through her head, she might have got a bit carried away. Have you ever seen Bowtell play?
polly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9th, 2008, 09:02 PM   #78
*Sesil*

KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute

no but like she cant even win in Andorra a Grade 5 its a bit ridiculous
Old Nov 9th, 2008, 09:40 PM   #79
country flag polly

polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of

I wouldnt be counting on one tournament
Old Nov 10th, 2008, 04:31 PM   #80
country flag wales1994

wales1994 has a brilliant future wales1994 has a brilliant future wales1994 has a brilliant future wales1994 has a brilliant future wales1994 has a brilliant future wales1994 has a brilliant future wales1994 has a brilliant future wales1994 has a brilliant future wales1994 has a brilliant future wales1994 has a brilliant future wales1994 has a brilliant future

Well what has Levova done to make her sp good isnt she 17?? and I haven't heard of any goood results 4rm her
wales1994 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10th, 2008, 04:54 PM   #81
country flag polly

Yeah I have being very disappointed with Levova as well, maybe she not as good as we thought she was. She lost her match today in the first round of qualifying in Jersey.
Old Nov 10th, 2008, 07:29 PM   #82
*Sesil*

Levova took Bogdan Junior number 5 to 3 sets in Sandanaski recently

She has a lot more hope because she isnt Irish which in turn means probably more committed and will stick at it longer.

Amy wont play during her leaving cert and therefore will drop out of the rankings that is what happens with loads of Irish athletes in all sports
Old Nov 11th, 2008, 05:12 PM   #83
country flag wales1994

wales1994 has a brilliant future wales1994 has a brilliant future wales1994 has a brilliant future wales1994 has a brilliant future wales1994 has a brilliant future wales1994 has a brilliant future wales1994 has a brilliant future wales1994 has a brilliant future wales1994 has a brilliant future wales1994 has a brilliant future wales1994 has a brilliant future

What do you mean her leaving cert??
wales1994 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11th, 2008, 09:09 PM   #84
country flag Tennis-Chick

Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by polly View Post
I was very disappointed with Amy's results this year. What kind of potential does she have? Maybe she is a late developer. There is a tournament on in Norway next week for under fourteens, Sinead Lohan and Nicola Drummy are playing there, so best of luck to them!

Also I have just noticed that we have two Tennis Europe under fourteen tournaments next year, we used to have one>
Yeah I'm hoping Lohan will be become a great player for Ireland in the future from what I have read about her.

That's good that Tennis Ireland are starting to have more younger events like U14s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KournikovaFan91 View Post
I really dont think Bowtell will ever become a player that is even Liggan's standard
Well she is only 15 and Kelly didn't even really play any juniors or ITF's at that age, so there is always time to develop more.

Quote:
To be honest I reckon ever since Bowtell got selected to play for Ireland in this year's federation cup, i have a gut feeling it went through her head, she might have got a bit carried away. Have you ever seen Bowtell play?
I know when I seen she was selected for the squad I thought she must have been a top player in the making, but she hasn't produced any results like that all year really.

I'm more hopefully of our Boys especially John Morrissey.

Beth Mattek-Sands Georgie Stoop

Come back soon Tati
Tennis-Chick is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11th, 2008, 10:07 PM   #85
*Sesil*

Quote:
Originally Posted by wales1994 View Post
What do you mean her leaving cert??
Leaving Certificate Examination

its our version of A-Levels. I dont think our players do homeschooling like Robson does
Old Nov 12th, 2008, 05:16 PM   #86
country flag polly

i didnt know that laura robson gets home schooling
Old Nov 12th, 2008, 06:24 PM   #87
*Sesil*

yeah i heard that watching the BBC at Wimby this summer
Old Nov 16th, 2008, 08:25 AM   #88
country flag polly

Best of luck to Sinead Lohan and Nicola Drummy are playing in an under 14 event in Norway this week, Sinead is the top seed in the girls event, so hopefully she will live up to her seeding. The website for that tournament is www.stavangertk.no
Old Nov 16th, 2008, 10:13 AM   #89
country flag polly

I know this a womens tennis forum, but I want to give Irish junior Sam Barry a special mention as he is just after winning his second grade 4 title of the year in Indonesia today
Old Nov 16th, 2008, 02:15 PM   #90
country flag Tennis-Chick

Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Best of luck to Sinead Lohan and Nicola Drummy are playing in an under 14 event in Norway this week, Sinead is the top seed in the girls event, so hopefully she will live up to her seeding. The website for that tournament is www.stavangertk.no
Thanks for the info Polly Good luck to both.

Quote:
I know this a womens tennis forum, but I want to give Irish junior Sam Barry a special mention as he is just after winning his second grade 4 title of the year in Indonesia today

Barrry and Morrissey seem to be great hopes for the Irish Mens future

Beth Mattek-Sands Georgie Stoop

Come back soon Tati
Tennis-Chick is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote