Tennis Tipping General Rules - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Nov 8th, 2008, 09:16 PM   #1
country flag Rui.

Rui. has a reputation beyond repute Rui. has a reputation beyond repute Rui. has a reputation beyond repute Rui. has a reputation beyond repute Rui. has a reputation beyond repute Rui. has a reputation beyond repute Rui. has a reputation beyond repute Rui. has a reputation beyond repute Rui. has a reputation beyond repute Rui. has a reputation beyond repute Rui. has a reputation beyond repute
Tennis Tipping General Rules

What is Tennis Tipping?

In the game, participants pick the winners of all main draw matches and are placed in a knock-out system. That means each participant plays a different participant and whoever predicted the winner of most matches correctly, moves on to the next round. The same applies for doubles, but you're in a team format and your scores are combined.

Note:
- In case of a tie, a tie-breaker will decide who moves on to the next round.
Tie-break method: http://www.tennisforum.com/showpost....65&postcount=1

- In case a player (i.e. the actual WTA Player) retires in a match, this match will not be counted. If players are replaced by a lucky loser after the start of Tennis Tipping, these matches will be cancelled.

Some other rules:

*Tournament thread opening:

1week prior to the begining of the tournament.

*Draw Sizes:

Tournaments should have a draw which has the same size as the real one. Qualifying draws should have room for 32 players except in weeks where there are 3 WTA tournaments. In Those weeks the qualifying draws should have room for 16 players. Any exception to this rule should be decided by the board members.

*Standard First Page:

Check thread: http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=362156

*Tournament Managers:

Now that we have many players, managers should start their “managing career” with a low tiered tournament. Only High-profiled managers will run slams.

*Tournament Points:

Code:
Tier.	                Won             Final   Semi     QF     R16      R32     R64    R128    QLFR      Q3     Q2     Q1 										

Grand Slam (128)	2.000	        1.400   900,00	500,00	280,00	160,00	100,00	5,00	60,00	50,00	40,00	2,00
Tour Championship (16)												
Premier Mandatory (96) 	1.000,00	700,00	450,00	250,00	140,00	80,00	50,00	5,00	30,00	..--..	20,00	1,00
Premier Mandatory (64) 	1.000,00	700,00	450,00	250,00	140,00	80,00	5,00	..--..	30,00	..--..	20,00	1,00
Premier 5	          900,00	620,00	395,00	225,00	125,00	70,00	1,00	..--..	30,00	..--..	20,00	1,00
Premier (56)	          470,00	320,00	200,00	120,00	60,00	40,00	1,00	..--..	12,00	..--..	8,00	1,00
Premier (32)	          470,00	320,00	200,00	120,00	60,00	1,00	..--..	..--..	20,00	12,00	8,00	1,00
International (56)	  280,00	200,00	130,00	70,00	30,00	15,00	1,00	..--..	10,00	..--..	6,00	1,00
International (32)	  280,00	200,00	130,00	70,00	30,00	1,00	..--..	..--..	16,00	10,00	6,00	1,00
CH (Any)                  150,00	110,00	80,00	40,00	20,00	1/10(64D)1,00    	6,00	4,00	1,00	..--..

*Wild Cards:

Not used in the 2010 season.

*Determining Lucky Losers:

In the end of the final qualifying round managers should post a list of the players who have the higher scores in that round (If the score is the same you should use the TB System to order the players). Those are the first players to be called in case someone doesn’t send his/her picks.

*Deadline for Picks

Set by manager, time of first match. No more of "first point played." Makes it easier for everyone involved.

*Challengers

Top 30 players in the singles entry rankings can't play them, except during the Fed Cup and Grand Slam second weeks and when there are no regular WTA tournaments played.

*Number of commitments
Min. number of commitments for a tournament to be run is 16 players/8 teams.

*Fed Cup:

It will be brought back and we shall decide about it in the next meeting.

*SR/TB:

You CAN’T send a SR in your TB different from the SR you decided to send first.
If you send a SR different from your TB (Ex: 2-0 6-3 4-6 7-6) that pick will be counted but the SR/TB won’t.

*CB/”Looking Forwards”:

In Case everything is tied after the use of the TB’s use tournament Countback (CB) as a manner of untying things. If, after the use of CB everything is still tied make players send for the next round and the one with the best picks will win.

*Deadlines

Singles commitment deadline will be 3pm local time the day before qualifying begins.

*Missing Someone's Commitment
In the case that you miss someone's commitment while managing a tournament he/she will be topping the Alt or LL lists.

*Entry Lists/What rankings?
For doing entry lists the last posted rankings will be used.

*Number of Events Per week
One can only play one event per week which includes (giving) walkovers or being replaced by an ALT.

3 Month + 100 posts Rule
One can only play this game if he has created an account in this forum atleast 3 months ago AND has atleast 100 posts.

*Sendind picks for someone else

Not allowed.

*Late Entries

Should be sorted according to the commitment order.

*Use of Alternates/Lucky Losers
If more spots than alternates, highest ranked players receive byes. Place in ranking order.

*Qualifying for Bali
Highest ranked players that have won an international tournament and have not qualified for Doha.

*Qualifying for Doha
Highest ranked players/teams determined by a ranking composed by the best 16 results that the players/teams have done throughout the year. Top 8 players and Top 8 teams shall qualify.

*Sending Picks
you MUST send picks to the manager in order for them to count. if for some reason you cannot send to the manager, then send to the emergency tt board email address.

if you attempt to send picks to the manager and the pm fails, then your picks will count as long as you can provide evidence that the picks were sent in time. if you cannot, then such picks will not count.

if you send to your doubles partner, but forget to send to the manager, these picks will NOT count.

Last edited by Rui. : Aug 2nd, 2010 at 03:26 PM.
Rui. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 8th, 2008, 09:18 PM   #2
country flag Rui.

Rui. has a reputation beyond repute Rui. has a reputation beyond repute Rui. has a reputation beyond repute Rui. has a reputation beyond repute Rui. has a reputation beyond repute Rui. has a reputation beyond repute Rui. has a reputation beyond repute Rui. has a reputation beyond repute Rui. has a reputation beyond repute Rui. has a reputation beyond repute Rui. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Tennis Tipping General Rules

This was the result of a small meeting me and the rest of the board had today

The first one of the off-season i'm sure.
Denijs couldn't be present but i'm sure he'll give his opinions too

I hope you like the compelling of the rules in one post.

Some more will be added after the other meeting/s
Old Nov 8th, 2008, 09:31 PM   #3
country flag Rui.

The next meeting will happen when we have already sufficient opinions in the Changes for 2009 thread
Old Nov 8th, 2008, 09:39 PM   #4
country flag MH0861

MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute

Looks good!
MH0861 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8th, 2008, 09:40 PM   #5
country flag Elwin.
-

Elwin. has a reputation beyond repute Elwin. has a reputation beyond repute Elwin. has a reputation beyond repute Elwin. has a reputation beyond repute Elwin. has a reputation beyond repute Elwin. has a reputation beyond repute Elwin. has a reputation beyond repute Elwin. has a reputation beyond repute Elwin. has a reputation beyond repute Elwin. has a reputation beyond repute Elwin. has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks !
Old Nov 8th, 2008, 09:48 PM   #6
country flag FiBeR

FiBeR has much to be proud of FiBeR has much to be proud of FiBeR has much to be proud of FiBeR has much to be proud of FiBeR has much to be proud of FiBeR has much to be proud of FiBeR has much to be proud of FiBeR has much to be proud of FiBeR has much to be proud of FiBeR has much to be proud of FiBeR has much to be proud of

Singles:WMemphis,Fes,Barcelona,SF Rosmalen, Istambul
CH Singles:WOpole, SF Belfort
Doubles(w/Hotzenplotz):WWimbledon,Indian Wells,Moscow,Fes,F Istambul,Silver Medalist Beijing (w/manu86) SF YEC Doha
CH Doubles(w/Hotzenplotz):WLas Vegas,Waikoloa,Perth,Sorrento,F Dothan,WSan Diego,F Opole
FiBeR is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8th, 2008, 09:50 PM   #7
country flag tennismaster8820
Sprem believer! :shrug:

tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute

Looks fine!
tennismaster8820 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8th, 2008, 10:00 PM   #8

tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruisantos View Post
In Case everything is tied after the use of the TB’s use tournament Countback (CB) as a manner of untying things. If, after the use of CB everything is still tied make players send for the next round and the one with the best picks will win.
You mean in case everything is tied after the use of TB's and SR's?
Old Nov 8th, 2008, 10:02 PM   #9
country flag Rui.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennismaster8820 View Post
You mean in case everything is tied after the use of TB's and SR's?
TB's come after SR's so there's no difference.
Old Nov 8th, 2008, 10:06 PM   #10

Yeah so if there are 8 or more matches in the OOP we use TB's first and if it's still tied shouldn't we then use SRs first before CB?
Old Nov 8th, 2008, 10:08 PM   #11
country flag Rui.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennismaster8820 View Post
Yeah so if there are 8 or more matches in the OOP we use TB's first and if it's still tied shouldn't we then use SRs first before CB?
we don't use SR's with 8 or more matches right?

I'm not understanding your question...
Old Nov 8th, 2008, 10:10 PM   #12

Ok, never mind.
SRs should be more important IMO!
Old Nov 27th, 2008, 04:43 PM   #13
country flag gumoll

gumoll has a reputation beyond repute gumoll has a reputation beyond repute gumoll has a reputation beyond repute gumoll has a reputation beyond repute gumoll has a reputation beyond repute gumoll has a reputation beyond repute gumoll has a reputation beyond repute gumoll has a reputation beyond repute gumoll has a reputation beyond repute gumoll has a reputation beyond repute gumoll has a reputation beyond repute

first I see that I lost in both - singles and doubles - in Tokyo and just now I discovered that all the scores were wrong and in fact I won but I didn't know that so I did not send the picks...

it's just not fair at all!!!!!

I could have won it and now I lose....

the tournament should be really canceled
Old Mar 24th, 2009, 10:46 AM   #14
country flag Extremaduratenis

Extremaduratenis is a splendid one to behold Extremaduratenis is a splendid one to behold Extremaduratenis is a splendid one to behold Extremaduratenis is a splendid one to behold Extremaduratenis is a splendid one to behold Extremaduratenis is a splendid one to behold Extremaduratenis is a splendid one to behold Extremaduratenis is a splendid one to behold Extremaduratenis is a splendid one to behold Extremaduratenis is a splendid one to behold Extremaduratenis is a splendid one to behold

And just a question, 8 first teams in race will qualify for YEC, but what about Bali Doubles?? Thanks a lot
Extremaduratenis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27th, 2009, 02:04 AM   #15
country flag In The Zone
it's serena, bitch.

In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute

Deadlines will have a formal time now.

Singles commitment deadline will be 3pm local time the day before qualifying begins.

For example, in Stuttgart, qualifying began on Sunday. Therefore, the deadline will be 3pm local time (Stuttgart time) on Saturday. Doubles deadline will be the next day.

This will be used for all tournaments.
In The Zone is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote