irish tennis - Page 5 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 26th, 2008, 06:00 PM   #61
country flag KournikovaFan91
*Sesil*

KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: irish tennis

I wish the department of foreign affairs would hurry up and naturalise Levova

Also is the American college system that beneficial anymore, like what top players nowadays have come from that system.

We have quite good badminton players but no tennis players up to the same standard. We are like Denmark, kinda good at badminton and terrible at tennis but now they have Wozniacki so we just need a Wozniacki type player hopefully Levova.

Old Oct 26th, 2008, 09:07 PM   #62
country flag Tennis-Chick

Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute

Levova is on the entry list for the 1ok in Sunderland starting the 3rd Nov, also on the list is Amy Bowtell. Would be good to see Bowtell play here and see how she performes. It will be her first ITF Womens tournament.

Murphy hasn't played all year, I don't think she wants to continue playing ITF tournaments.

Beth Mattek-Sands Georgie Stoop

Come back soon Tati
Tennis-Chick is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26th, 2008, 10:20 PM   #63
*Sesil*

KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute

I was impressed that Levova took Bogdan to 3 sets in Sananski but in Glasgow she really shouldnt have lost to Haberkorn 1 and 0

I really hope she can be the Irish Wozniacki but it might be unlikely she didnt excel as a junior
Old Oct 27th, 2008, 11:14 PM   #64

Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute

Mariyana Levova, Amy Bowtell and Emily Madill are all on the entry list for $1ok Jersey starting the 10th Nov. They are all quite far down on the entry list so I doubt they will play esp. Madill and Bowtell.

Bowtell is also on the entry list for 2 $1ok's in Spain on the 3rd and 1oth Nov. I think she would be better going to Spain as she would have more of a chance making the qualie draw.

Kelly on the list for $5ok Auburn next week

Come back soon Tati
Old Oct 28th, 2008, 01:25 PM   #65
*Sesil*

well a cheap ryanair flight will get Amy to Spain so she should deffo go there if she might make qualifying
Old Oct 28th, 2008, 08:49 PM   #66

Grade 5, Andorra, Singles Draw, 1st Round

Amy BOWTELL (IRL) (3) Vs Ines LAGDIRI (FRA)

Grade 5, Andorra, Doubles Draw, Quarterfinal

BOWTELL (IRL) / DANIEL (JPN) Vs DE BERNARDI (FRA) / LAGDIRI (FRA)

Playing in Andorra this week, so hopefully this means she will take the short trip to Spain for qualifying on Sat.

Come back soon Tati
Old Oct 28th, 2008, 09:31 PM   #67
country flag orka_irl

orka_irl is a name known to all orka_irl is a name known to all orka_irl is a name known to all orka_irl is a name known to all orka_irl is a name known to all orka_irl is a name known to all orka_irl is a name known to all orka_irl is a name known to all orka_irl is a name known to all orka_irl is a name known to all orka_irl is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennis-Chick View Post
Playing in Andorra this week, so hopefully this means she will take the short trip to Spain for qualifying on Sat.
Except even more hopefully she will be able to defend or better her runner-up points that she got last year - in which case she will be playing the junior final on Saturday...
orka_irl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28th, 2008, 09:44 PM   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by orka_irl View Post
Except even more hopefully she will be able to defend or better her runner-up points that she got last year - in which case she will be playing the junior final on Saturday...
That would be good as well though I can't really see her getting to the final again, but she might. Anyways I'm sure the final would be played in the morning and she could play later on in Spain.

Come back soon Tati
Old Oct 28th, 2008, 11:46 PM   #69
*Sesil*

well a womens tournament would be more important than a junior grade 5
Old Oct 29th, 2008, 12:07 AM   #70

I know, and all good players start playing some womens events at 15, and sometimes even younger. Playing some $1oks qualifying would be good for her to gain some experience against older players and show her how good she needs to be to make it at that level.

Come back soon Tati
Old Oct 29th, 2008, 04:49 PM   #71

Grade 5 Andoora La Vella, 1st Round Singles

Amy BOWTELL (IRL) (3) defeated Ines LAGDIRI (FRA) 6-3 6-0

Come back soon Tati
Old Oct 31st, 2008, 06:03 PM   #72

Bowtell lost in the QF of the Grade 5 in Andorra, so she lose 10 pts there and the 5 pts she got for winning the doubles with Mariyana Levova last year. Definitely down in the rankings then.
She is also not in the quali draw for the 1ok in Spain

Quarterfinal

Jessica GINIER (FRA) defeated Amy BOWTELL (IRL) (3) 7-6(3) 7-6(7)

Maybe she went to 1ok Sunderland then...

Come back soon Tati
Old Nov 3rd, 2008, 08:14 PM   #73
*Sesil*

omg i assumed she would make finals in Andorra it was hardly a tough tournament. I think she should have registed for El Menzah in Tunisia because she would have automatically made at least qualies and she could get there easily from Barcelona since she was in Andorra.

I think Levova is more of a prospect rather than Bowtell.
Old Nov 8th, 2008, 10:54 PM   #74
*Sesil*

Open International de Saint-Cyprien 2008 Grade 5

Round 1
Amy BOWTELL (IRL) (5) defeated Hanna FURMANAVA (BLR) 1-6 7-5 6-2

Second Round
Mateja KRALJEVIC (SUI) defeated Amy BOWTELL (IRL) (5) 6-2 6-4

Doubles

Round 1
BOWTELL (IRL) / YANOVSKAYA (RUS) (1) defeated FICHEUX (FRA) / GARCIA (FRA) 7-5 6-1

Quarters
BOWTELL (IRL) / YANOVSKAYA (RUS) (1) defeated GODALLIER (FRA) / THOLEY (FGU) 6-1 6-2

Semi
BOWTELL (IRL) / YANOVSKAYA (RUS) (1) Vs CASANOVA (SUI) / KRALJEVIC (SUI) (4)
Good Luck Amy Bad result in singles
Old Nov 9th, 2008, 01:16 PM   #75
country flag polly

polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of

I was very disappointed with Amy's results this year. What kind of potential does she have? Maybe she is a late developer. There is a tournament on in Norway next week for under fourteens, Sinead Lohan and Nicola Drummy are playing there, so best of luck to them!

And why is it taking so long for Mariyana Levova to get an Irish passport?

Also I have just noticed that we have two Tennis Europe under fourteen tournaments next year, we used to have one>
polly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote