Darija Jurak cheering thread - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 24th, 2008, 10:35 AM   #16
country flag roxi

roxi has a brilliant future roxi has a brilliant future roxi has a brilliant future roxi has a brilliant future roxi has a brilliant future roxi has a brilliant future roxi has a brilliant future roxi has a brilliant future roxi has a brilliant future roxi has a brilliant future roxi has a brilliant future
Re: Darija Jurak cheering thread

Great win!!! Keep going!!!
Advertisement

Old Sep 24th, 2008, 05:41 PM   #17
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

Unfortunatelly, she lost the doubles QF today. On the bright side, she'll have more energy for singles (and that's where her ranking needs more improvement).
ma re is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25th, 2008, 05:27 PM   #18
country flag Hele.

Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute

she won 6-3 6-1
Old Sep 26th, 2008, 06:54 AM   #19
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

In QF she'll play Vedy, currently #352, with a career high of 260. That seems winnable, unless Darija gets into trouble with Vedy being a lefty. They've never played eachother. With these points calculated Darija is already almost 50 places up, and it could be aditional 30 if she gets to semis!

Ajmo Darija
Old Sep 27th, 2008, 07:48 AM   #20
country flag ma re

Lost by a double bagel
Old Oct 6th, 2008, 11:59 AM   #21
country flag ma re

Darija jumped over 50 ranking places this week after her Podgorica 25k points were added, to #435.

This week she's in action playing one 50k in France, and as the 8th seed of qualies she reached QR3. Along the way she beat Mohn (#845) and Baronova (unranked) to set up a clash with the 3rd seed Mraz (#375) whom she beat in their only previous match, 2 years ago. Mraz is close to her career high, so she's obviously in a good form, reaching semis on one Spanish 25k two weeks ago.

Even with just these 2 points Darija is guarateed to jump some 10 places on Monday, and with a MD spot she'd jump about 20 places.

She's also playing doubles, has a 1st round bye as the 4th seed.

Not defending any points here.

Good luck Darija
Old Oct 6th, 2008, 06:47 PM   #22
country flag Krijes Sedam

Krijes Sedam is just really nice Krijes Sedam is just really nice Krijes Sedam is just really nice Krijes Sedam is just really nice Krijes Sedam is just really nice Krijes Sedam is just really nice Krijes Sedam is just really nice Krijes Sedam is just really nice Krijes Sedam is just really nice Krijes Sedam is just really nice Krijes Sedam is just really nice

She defeated Mraz!
By entering 1 round of MD she will get 4 new points, about 20 places up!
She's defending only 1 point until the end of the year...
Krijes Sedam is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7th, 2008, 04:53 PM   #23
country flag ma re

In the first round she's playing former #120 (currently 221) Pichet, which she hasn't played yet. Sounds tough, but Pichet hasn't won a match since early June, so Darija might have a chance. Fingers crossed!
Old Oct 8th, 2008, 08:05 AM   #24
country flag ma re

She's into semis of doubles with an easy 6:2 6:1 win! That will rise her to about #250 in the rankings (from current 276) and she only has to defend one semi and one final on 25k's by the end of this year (one in November, the other in December)!
Old Oct 8th, 2008, 09:11 PM   #25
country flag Karolina_Sprem

Karolina_Sprem has much to be proud of Karolina_Sprem has much to be proud of Karolina_Sprem has much to be proud of Karolina_Sprem has much to be proud of Karolina_Sprem has much to be proud of Karolina_Sprem has much to be proud of Karolina_Sprem has much to be proud of Karolina_Sprem has much to be proud of Karolina_Sprem has much to be proud of Karolina_Sprem has much to be proud of Karolina_Sprem has much to be proud of

Jurak won 6-2, 6-4
In the 2nd round her opponent is going to be No 3rd seed, German Kristina Barrois ranked 104 in the world...

..Karolina Sprem...
...Petra Martic & Ajla Tomljanovic...
...Petra Kvitova & Sorana Cirstea...
...Sesil Karatantcheva...
Karolina_Sprem is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9th, 2008, 06:51 AM   #26
country flag ma re

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karolina_Sprem View Post
Jurak won 6-2, 6-4
In the 2nd round her opponent is going to be No 3rd seed, German Kristina Barrois ranked 104 in the world...

She could be around #395 on Monday!

But why stop here - keep going girl
Old Oct 11th, 2008, 06:50 AM   #27
country flag ma re

Lost both, R2 of singles and semis of doubles, but still a good week it was; getting into top400 singles and top250 doubles! Well done!
Old Oct 13th, 2008, 07:47 AM   #28
country flag ma re

Didn't rise quite as high as I expected in rankings, #401 in singles and #256 in doubles as of this week. She needs 4 points to overtake Lisjak at 390 in singles, and 18 points to overtake Pandzic at 226 in doubles. I think both will happen by the end of the year.
Old Oct 18th, 2008, 06:55 AM   #29
country flag ma re

Darija is in France where she'll play a couple of tournaments in the weeks to come.

First off, qualies of Poitiers 100k, where in the 1st round she's drawn to play a local girl Benamar (currently #605, never higher than 582). Unfortunatelly, if she wins that, she'll play 3rd seed of qualies Margit Ruutel in the next

Still don't know if she'll play doubles here.
Old Oct 20th, 2008, 08:03 AM   #30
country flag ma re

Lost the QR2 in straight sets, but applied for doubles where in MD1 she and Ana Jovanovic will play 4th seeds Cetkovska/Safarova. So, hoping for a surprise there.