The Amazing and Remarkable Monica Niculescu - Page 21 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 17th, 2008, 07:11 AM   #301
country flag Dorien.
Proud Momosapien ♥

Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Amazing and Remarkable Monica Niculescu

Good luck in third qualie
Advertisement

Old Aug 17th, 2008, 04:15 PM   #302
country flag Dorien.
Proud Momosapien ♥

Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute

A easy win for Monica
6-2 6-3
Old Aug 17th, 2008, 04:48 PM   #303
country flag Shvedbarilescu
Everybody's a star!!!

Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute

Monica loves playing Katya.
(Or maybe Katya hates playing Monica or a combination of both )

Monica got better with each passing match. She should now be very nicely prepared for her 1st round maindraw match.

Congrats on qualifying and good luck now in the main draw, Monica.
Old Aug 17th, 2008, 08:06 PM   #304
Everybody's a star!!!

Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute

Monica's trip to New Haven continues to go well. Monica and Sorana just won their 1st doubles match against the experienced Polish team of Jans and Rosolska. Score was 6-1 6-4. Very convincing win. Next round they might get to play top seeds Black and Huber. That will be good experience for both of them.
Old Aug 19th, 2008, 11:06 AM   #305
country flag Dorien.
Proud Momosapien ♥

Today she has to play against Kirilenko. It will be hard but good luck Monica!
Old Aug 19th, 2008, 05:05 PM   #306
country flag Meelis
Team WTAworld

Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute

Monica beat Kirilenko 6-7(7) 6-2 6-1

What a great job, after losing close first set
Meelis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19th, 2008, 05:13 PM   #307
country flag Dorien.
Proud Momosapien ♥

it's really great
Old Aug 19th, 2008, 05:29 PM   #308
Everybody's a star!!!

The best win of Monica's career.

Remember February last year, Monica played her 1st WTA main draw match against Maria Kirilenko. Maria kicked her ass 6-3 6-0.

Monica has come a long way since then.

And what I love the most is that once again she did it coming from behind. Monica has won two matches this week down a set and a break and another one down a break in the 3rd. Incredible never say die fighting this week from Monica. Add that quality to all the talent Monica already possesses and the future is looking very fine indeed.
Old Aug 21st, 2008, 11:45 AM   #309
Everybody's a star!!!

Monica lost to Caroline Wozniacki 6-3 6-3.

But she put up some decent resistance and made it a reasonably competitive match. It certainly could have been worse as Wozniacki has been winning a lot of her matches of late without giving up more than a couple of games. Monica at least was no pushover.

Overall this have been a really good week for Monica and she will rise around ten places in the rankings next week to another career high. Upwards and onwards.

And she and Sorana are still involved in the doubles too. They are now in the semis and will play King and Kudryavtseva for a place in the final. I think they have an excellent chance to win this match.

As of now it is Sorana's 1st Tier II doubles semifinal and Monica's 3rd, all this year. Monica will enter the top 50 in doubles next week too. She is proving to be an outstanding doubles player and I do see her winning a lot of titles as a doubles player in her career.
Old Aug 22nd, 2008, 02:21 AM   #310
Everybody's a star!!!

Monica and Sorana have won another match in New Haven and they are now in the final.

Great going for the two of them in only their 2nd WTA tournament together.

They are now in the final. Monica's ranking is going to move up close to the top 40 next week. A win in the final would put her comfortably inside the top 40. I've said this before but I expect Monica to do some amazing things as a doubles player during her career. I can certainly see her winning Slams in doubles further on down the road.
Old Aug 24th, 2008, 09:09 PM   #311
country flag Dave.
Winner

Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute

They lost 4-6 7-5 10-7, very close match by the looks of it. They were actually 5-0 up in the first set against a very good team Oh well, it's a good way to prepare for the US Open.

Here is her US Open draw:

Ana Ivanovic (1)
Vera Douchevina
Q
Casey Dellacqua
Kaia Kanepi
Monica Niculescu
Nathalie Dechy
Amelie Mauresmo (32)

If she can handle the pace Monica can cause all sorts of problems for Kanepi. Another 2R at a Slam would be huge, and Mauresmo hasen't exactly had the best season. Good luck Monica
Dave. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26th, 2008, 08:54 AM   #312
country flag kittyking

kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute

You'd think that Monica would have at least a 50/50 chance against Kaia, after all Kaia loves hitting from behind or on the baseline while Monica will hit pretty much every shot from every where on the court and shouldn't be afraid to drag Kaia into the net!

I'm not sure who will win between Amelie and Nathalie, but in all honesty I would consider Nathalie the slight favourite. She won't be on the tour for much longer, she (like every other sportsman) would love to go out with a bang. A Bitter sweet victory over an (out of form) Ana Ivanovic would certainly be a career highlight for Nathalie!

In short, I think Monica will indeed win her match against Kaia...and then hope that Amelie beats Nathalie!!!

4th match on Court 10, enjoy
Old Sep 4th, 2008, 02:25 PM   #313
country flag Dorien.
Proud Momosapien ♥

I didn't see the single match of Monica. But i see the first double match. If somebody want some pics i will post them here. They aren't that great
Old Sep 4th, 2008, 10:14 PM   #314
Everybody's a star!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorien. View Post
I didn't see the single match of Monica. But i see the first double match. If somebody want some pics i will post them here. They aren't that great
Just as well that you missed the singles match of Monica, considering it was easily the worst scoreline Monica has had in a match this year.

Good that at least you got to see Monica and Sorana winning a match in doubles. That would have been nice.

I would love to see some pictures. Thanks, Dorien.
Old Sep 5th, 2008, 07:40 AM   #315
country flag Dorien.
Proud Momosapien ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisCHorse View Post
Just as well that you missed the singles match of Monica, considering it was easily the worst scoreline Monica has had in a match this year.

Good that at least you got to see Monica and Sorana winning a match in doubles. That would have been nice.

I would love to see some pictures. Thanks, Dorien.

When i saw the score, i was happy that i didn't see the match
i will post them tomorrow, they are on an other computer