The Danes are coming - Danish juniors thread - Page 11 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 23rd, 2008, 02:00 PM   #151
country flag InTheAir

InTheAir is just really nice InTheAir is just really nice InTheAir is just really nice InTheAir is just really nice InTheAir is just really nice InTheAir is just really nice InTheAir is just really nice InTheAir is just really nice InTheAir is just really nice InTheAir is just really nice InTheAir is just really nice
Re: The Danes are coming - Danish juniors thread

1R in Les Contamines 25k:

BARBAT, Karen (DEN) - POLITO, Gabriella (ITA) 64,63

Good win and points on the account! Tomorrow 2R against Agustina Lepore (ARG) (8) (WTA-273)
InTheAir is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 24th, 2008, 04:32 PM   #152
country flag InTheAir

InTheAir is just really nice InTheAir is just really nice InTheAir is just really nice InTheAir is just really nice InTheAir is just really nice InTheAir is just really nice InTheAir is just really nice InTheAir is just really nice InTheAir is just really nice InTheAir is just really nice InTheAir is just really nice

2R in Les Contamines 25k
BARBAT, Karen (DEN) - LEPORE, Agustina (ARG) (8) 57,46

2R in European Junior Championships, Austria
EJDESGAARD, Malou (DEN) - MOHN, Nathalie (FRA) 46,36
Old Jul 25th, 2008, 08:42 PM   #153
country flag chris-swede

chris-swede is just really nice chris-swede is just really nice chris-swede is just really nice chris-swede is just really nice chris-swede is just really nice chris-swede is just really nice chris-swede is just really nice chris-swede is just really nice chris-swede is just really nice chris-swede is just really nice chris-swede is just really nice

Good results for Karen! Go on!
chris-swede is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27th, 2008, 03:16 PM   #154
country flag InTheAir

Karen received a WC for the quali at WTA Nordic Light Open in Stockholm but had a tough opponent in 1R:

RODINA, Evgeniya RUS (3) - (WC) BARBAT, Karen DEN 63,62
Old Jul 27th, 2008, 10:35 PM   #155
country flag IMPOSSIBLE
. . .

IMPOSSIBLE has a reputation beyond repute IMPOSSIBLE has a reputation beyond repute IMPOSSIBLE has a reputation beyond repute IMPOSSIBLE has a reputation beyond repute IMPOSSIBLE has a reputation beyond repute IMPOSSIBLE has a reputation beyond repute IMPOSSIBLE has a reputation beyond repute IMPOSSIBLE has a reputation beyond repute IMPOSSIBLE has a reputation beyond repute IMPOSSIBLE has a reputation beyond repute IMPOSSIBLE has a reputation beyond repute

she plays in doubles also...

Barbat/Roma vs. Larsson/Laine
Old Aug 3rd, 2008, 10:25 AM   #156
country flag InTheAir

1R qualy for 25k in Coimbra, Portugal:

BARBAT, Karen (DEN) - CALDERWOOD, Tyra (AUS) 7-5 6-0

Next round up against Anna Smith (GBR) (2)
Old Aug 4th, 2008, 09:03 AM   #157
country flag InTheAir

2R qualy for 25k in Coimbra, Portugal:

BARBAT, Karen (DEN) - SMITH, Anna (GBR) (2) 6-2 6-2

Another good win for Karen. Now she will face Diana Brunel (FRA) (15) for a place in MD.

On the latest WTA ranking Karen is back as #866 which is her best ranking so far.
Old Aug 5th, 2008, 12:54 PM   #158
country flag InTheAir

Qualy-final for 25k in Coimbra, Portugal:

BRUNEL, Diana (FRA) (15) - BARBAT, Karen (DEN) 62 16 61
Old Aug 27th, 2008, 02:46 PM   #159
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

So are any of these juniors good enough that they could qualify for the Olympics in 2012 so that Caro could have someone to play doubles with there if she wanted to?
Protoss is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29th, 2008, 01:51 PM   #160
country flag HTE
Team WTAworld

HTE has a reputation beyond repute HTE has a reputation beyond repute HTE has a reputation beyond repute HTE has a reputation beyond repute HTE has a reputation beyond repute HTE has a reputation beyond repute HTE has a reputation beyond repute HTE has a reputation beyond repute HTE has a reputation beyond repute HTE has a reputation beyond repute HTE has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
So are any of these juniors good enough that they could qualify for the Olympics in 2012 so that Caro could have someone to play doubles with there if she wanted to?
Yeah I think so, Karen would certainly be a candidate. At the moment she (and her Dad) are having some issues with the Federation but that will hopefully be over in four years...

Caroline Wozniacki cheering thread My sports photos - UPDATED 18. Jun. 09
¤ Wozniacki -o- Golovin -o- Hantuchova -o- Cornet -o-Kirilenko -o- Vakulenko -o- Schaul -o- Vaidisova -o- Mirza -o- Missing Marti & Anna K ¤
¤ Future stars: Barbat -o- Besser -o- Vaisemberg -o- Lukaszewicz -o- Rodina -o- Vermoezen -o- Curtis -o- Jolak -o- Kalashnikova -o- Kichenok Twins -o- Robson ¤
HTE is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30th, 2008, 07:21 PM   #161
country flag kinseh

kinseh has much to be proud of kinseh has much to be proud of kinseh has much to be proud of kinseh has much to be proud of kinseh has much to be proud of kinseh has much to be proud of kinseh has much to be proud of kinseh has much to be proud of kinseh has much to be proud of kinseh has much to be proud of kinseh has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HTE View Post
Yeah I think so, Karen would certainly be a candidate. At the moment she (and her Dad) are having some issues with the Federation but that will hopefully be over in four years...
I'm not so sure about Karen how well Karen is going to do. She's 16 and still qualifying for junior Grand Slam's. Caro had won junior Wimbledon by that age. So she isn't any new Caro in making, but that certainly doesn't mean that she isn't going to be a decent player! I don't she'll go far, but top 100 seems reachable. I hope to be pleasently surprised!

She'll definitely be a candidate for the 2012 Olympic Games, though!

Caroline Wozniacki | Laura Robson
-> Dementieva & Ivanovic <-

kinseh is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30th, 2008, 07:43 PM   #162
country flag kinseh

kinseh has much to be proud of kinseh has much to be proud of kinseh has much to be proud of kinseh has much to be proud of kinseh has much to be proud of kinseh has much to be proud of kinseh has much to be proud of kinseh has much to be proud of kinseh has much to be proud of kinseh has much to be proud of kinseh has much to be proud of

By the way, two juniors we should definitely look out for are Cecilie Lundgaard Melsted (no. 2 in the U14 rankings, the only girl from 1995 in the top 10) and Simone Michael Alipieva (no. 2 in the U12 rankings, the only 1998 girl in the top 20 - most of the best U12 girls are from 1996!). I met Simone at a tournament once, and she's nice.

Caroline Wozniacki | Laura Robson
-> Dementieva & Ivanovic <-

kinseh is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20th, 2008, 04:54 PM   #163
country flag InTheAir

This weekend Karen is trying to qualify for an ITF 25k in Lecce, Italy. First opponent is Andreea-Roxana VAIDEANU (ITA).

It is not relavant to compare Karen and Caroline. Caroline is in a leage of her own and no other Danish player will reach the same level for many years to come.

Karen's QF in Aus Open and 2R in French Open are still the best Danish junior results (Caroline excluded) since Eva Dyrberg won the European Junior Championships in 1998 (beating Schiavone, Dementieva and Srebotnik by the way )

Last edited by InTheAir : Sep 21st, 2008 at 07:55 AM.
Old Sep 22nd, 2008, 05:56 PM   #164
country flag InTheAir

Lecce ITF 25k, qualifying final round:
BARBAT, Karen (DEN) - VAIDEANU, Andreea-Roxana (ITA) (7) 4-6 7-5 default

1R in main draw against Simona-Iulia MATEI (ROU).
Old Sep 23rd, 2008, 02:04 PM   #165
country flag InTheAir

Lecce ITF 25k main draw 1R:
BARBAT, Karen (DEN) - Simona-Iulia MATEI (ROU) 57 62 63.

A very good win for Karen. Matei was WTA-142 two years ago and now back after injury.

Next match will be against Mervana JUGIC-SALKIC (BIH) (2), WTA-195