Marion's Road To Flushing Meadows 2008 - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 20th, 2008, 02:53 AM   #31
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Marion's Road To Flushing Meadows 2008

AWESOME! She's only won two sets in five previous meetings with Ai,and she's never taken the opener.Also,ZERO break points faced in her last 3 service games,and she took the last one EASILY....withOUT being discouraged at losing a set-taking break opportunity in the game prior....keep battling like this,you raven-haired beauty!!

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

W(PE)TA: Women's Pathetic Enabler Tennis Association

LOOK! It's CLEAR; Carousel is a LIE! You don't HAVE to die! You can LIVE; LIVE and GROW OLD!
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 20th, 2008, 03:58 AM   #32
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Got some good details on the match from a reliable source while it was ongoing,and I had a strong hunch that Marion would finally beat Ai when she broke her back for 2-2 in the 1st set and then held easily.Marion only faced ONE break point in her last seven service games...that was in the final one.She quickly put down that threat and then closed Ai out on the third break/match point.Importantly,she never let Ai get to Game Point even when she fought off the first two Match Points.

I'm always SOOOO happy when Marion puts some of her old demons,such as 0-5 vs. Sugiyama,behind her. I know she speaks English and can almost surely read it...do you think she visited our thread and saw my 'love letter' to her? It's time for Marion to show her versatility by milking a Canadian cow tomorrow.Vamos,Marion!

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

LOOK! It's CLEAR; Carousel is a LIE! You don't HAVE to die! You can LIVE; LIVE and GROW OLD!
Old Jul 20th, 2008, 04:07 AM   #33
country flag Super_Marion

Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold

WELL DONE MARION!!! PROUD OF YOU GIRL!!
Old Jul 20th, 2008, 06:00 AM   #34

Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
AWESOME! She's only won two sets in five previous meetings with Ai,and she's never taken the opener.Also,ZERO break points faced in her last 3 service games,and she took the last one EASILY....withOUT being discouraged at losing a set-taking break opportunity in the game prior....keep battling like this,you raven-haired beauty!!
What's got into you I thought you were into Hantuchova or somebody.

Actually.......................................
Old Jul 20th, 2008, 07:46 AM   #35
country flag bruce goose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super_Marion View Post
What's got into you I thought you were into Hantuchova or somebody.

Actually.......................................
...and I will CONTINUE to be "into" Hantuchova,Marion,and a few other beauties so long as I have a pulse.Additionally,Daniela has a VERY likable nature that distinguishes her from most pretty faces.

....HOWever,only Ana I. complicates my Marion loyalties,and I am THRILLED that the 2 have rarely met....Once nearly three years ago in Toronto 2005(nail-bitingly close match)...and one MINI-match in Jan.2005 at the now-defunct Canberra where Marion was hurt and had to retire.Should the two gals meet again,I will judge which one is the neediest of victory at the time....Elena D. is leaning towards retiring and starting a family so this eliminates what COULD have been a conflict in the past.I'd rather see Lena get PERSONAL fulfillment as opposed to winning a mere tennis match.

Why the "" emoticon;is this another of your Forward Much secrets like The Revolution??

Last edited by bruce goose : Jul 20th, 2008 at 07:54 AM. Reason: addendum
Old Jul 20th, 2008, 09:22 AM   #36
country flag Iceland
From island to island

Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute

Marion ! Finally, finally the blue sky & the sun appeared in this season. So happy for her, this is the best way to start this US campaign. As always, Marion finds her real tennis later in the year .

Looking at the match, we can say that she can really rely on this great serve, it's real weapon now that gives her free points. This run is a reward for all her efforts to overcome this terrible start of season. The only thing which is a bit worse than last year is her defense that delivers too many shorts balls, but on the other side, those shots down the line are splendid .

So now we can say : FIRST FINAL SINCE WIMBLEDON IN A TIER II TOURNAMENT!!! COME ON! Our Marion is back, my friends!

Good luck against Wozniak, the Canadian girl might be intimidated. So be aggressive and use your experience, you can do it!

Supporting Marion Bartoli - Aga Radwańska - Aravane Rezaï - Laura Robson - Caroline Garcia !!!

http://kristinamladenovic.blogspot.com/
Iceland is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20th, 2008, 09:59 AM   #37
country flag up!

up! has much to be proud of up! has much to be proud of up! has much to be proud of up! has much to be proud of up! has much to be proud of up! has much to be proud of up! has much to be proud of up! has much to be proud of up! has much to be proud of up! has much to be proud of up! has much to be proud of

I'm so happy for Marion
up! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20th, 2008, 01:42 PM   #38
country flag Dave.
Winner

Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute

I can't believe Marion has the chance to win her biggest title today, it's so great! This has been an amazing tournament. If only she could have done it last year though. Anyway, it looks like that Wimbledon final is totally off of her back and she is playing more relaxed now.
Dave. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20th, 2008, 01:57 PM   #39
country flag bruce goose

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave. View Post
I can't believe Marion has the chance to win her biggest title today, it's so great! This has been an amazing tournament. If only she could have done it last year though. Anyway, it looks like that Wimbledon final is totally off of her back and she is playing more relaxed now.
'Dave',you're a Brit so maybe you can answer:'Super M' said that she was "at the Revolution" during Wimbledon.When I asked her what the 'Revolution' was---racetrack,nice restaurant,or maybe simulation of Roundheads uprising---she played coy with me(BIG surprise,huh?) NOW I'm thinking that maybe the 'Revolution' is some famous male strip club in London where they re-create scenes from The Full Monty...and that Super M didn't want to reveal this in the thread...what is this 'Revolution'?

As to your post,it IS great that Marion can win her first Tier 2 even though it's less satisfying to beat Wozniak than it would be to take Serena....The improvement of the serve is a REAL cause for optimism.

Old Jul 20th, 2008, 03:55 PM   #40

Quote:
...I will judge which one is the neediest of victory at the time

I'm imolating
Old Jul 20th, 2008, 04:01 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceland View Post
Marion ! Finally, finally the blue sky & the sun appeared in this season. So happy for her, this is the best way to start this US campaign. As always, Marion finds her real tennis later in the year .

Looking at the match, we can say that she can really rely on this great serve, it's real weapon now that gives her free points. This run is a reward for all her efforts to overcome this terrible start of season. The only thing which is a bit worse than last year is her defense that delivers too many shorts balls, but on the other side, those shots down the line are splendid .

So now we can say : FIRST FINAL SINCE WIMBLEDON IN A TIER II TOURNAMENT!!! COME ON! Our Marion is back, my friends!

Good luck against Wozniak, the Canadian girl might be intimidated. So be aggressive and use your experience, you can do it!
I agree. She seems to be playing a very power game right now.

It doesnt surprise me at all that she is back in a final, just pleases me.
Old Jul 20th, 2008, 04:06 PM   #42

Quote:
'Dave',you're a Brit so maybe you can answer:'Super M' said that she was "at the Revolution" during Wimbledon.When I asked her what the 'Revolution' was---racetrack,nice restaurant,or maybe simulation of Roundheads uprising---she played coy with me(BIG surprise,huh?) NOW I'm thinking that maybe the 'Revolution' is some famous male strip club in London where they re-create scenes from The Full Monty...and that Super M didn't want to reveal this in the thread...what is this 'Revolution'?

As to your post,it IS great that Marion can win her first Tier 2 even though it's less satisfying to beat Wozniak than it would be to take Serena....The improvement of the serve is a REAL cause for optimism.
What? I cant remember what you're referring to, but I assume if I said "The Revolution", then of course I must have meant here, the forum, The Marion Revolution.
Old Jul 20th, 2008, 04:07 PM   #43
country flag bruce goose

Quote:

I'm imolating
I'm pretty sure that it's spelled "imMolating" with two "M"s....then again,they pro'bly don't use very good grammar at The Revolution strip club,do they?I'd hate to mislead Marion if she ever visits here to expand her English vocabulary.

Old Jul 20th, 2008, 04:10 PM   #44
country flag bruce goose

Quote:
What? I cant remember what you're referring to, but I assume if I said "The Revolution", then of course I must have meant here, the forum, The Marion Revolution.
OOPS!Sorry for being too dense to pick up on that...at the time,you must have been at a public cyber center in London since you were "visiting your family at the Revolution"...I just wasn't able to put it together in my head.

Old Jul 20th, 2008, 08:56 PM   #45

Quote:
I'm pretty sure that it's spelled "imMolating" with two "M"s....then again,they pro'bly don't use very good grammar at The Revolution strip club,do they?I'd hate to mislead Marion if she ever visits here to expand her English vocabulary.
No you are correct.

My spelling must be famously appalling among the lurkers who read my blog.