I'm playing in a USTA Challenger tournament tomorrow!! - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 13th, 2008, 08:22 PM   #1
CoryAnnAvants#1

CoryAnnAvants#1 has a reputation beyond repute CoryAnnAvants#1 has a reputation beyond repute CoryAnnAvants#1 has a reputation beyond repute CoryAnnAvants#1 has a reputation beyond repute CoryAnnAvants#1 has a reputation beyond repute CoryAnnAvants#1 has a reputation beyond repute CoryAnnAvants#1 has a reputation beyond repute CoryAnnAvants#1 has a reputation beyond repute CoryAnnAvants#1 has a reputation beyond repute CoryAnnAvants#1 has a reputation beyond repute CoryAnnAvants#1 has a reputation beyond repute
I'm playing in a USTA Challenger tournament tomorrow!!

So I'm here in Aptos doing PR work for the $75,000 men's challenger here. As a semi-joke, the tournament director and I signed up for the doubles qualifying this morning.

Low and behold, we were only 1 of 3 teams to sign up! And what's even funnier is that we got a bye. We play the final round of doubles qualifying on center court tomorrow And if any team in the MD pulls out, we're the lucky losers. And because I'm in the tournament, they asked me to play the pro-am this afternoon...and paid $75 for it. Not an encouraging sign when you get out there and the "am" is better than the "pro."

Look for the draw tonight on stevegtennis.com. My name is McCarton Ackerman. We're gonna get killed obviously, but what a thrill!

Last edited by CoryAnnAvants#1 : Jul 13th, 2008 at 08:28 PM.
CoryAnnAvants#1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 13th, 2008, 08:25 PM   #2
country flag serenus_2k8

serenus_2k8 has a reputation beyond repute serenus_2k8 has a reputation beyond repute serenus_2k8 has a reputation beyond repute serenus_2k8 has a reputation beyond repute serenus_2k8 has a reputation beyond repute serenus_2k8 has a reputation beyond repute serenus_2k8 has a reputation beyond repute serenus_2k8 has a reputation beyond repute serenus_2k8 has a reputation beyond repute serenus_2k8 has a reputation beyond repute serenus_2k8 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: I'm playing in a USTA Challenger tournament tomorrow!!

That rocks lol. Good for you

usopen and wimbledon
#219juniorchampions #220

venuswilliams serenawilliams
serenus_2k8 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13th, 2008, 08:25 PM   #3
country flag debopero

debopero has a reputation beyond repute debopero has a reputation beyond repute debopero has a reputation beyond repute debopero has a reputation beyond repute debopero has a reputation beyond repute debopero has a reputation beyond repute debopero has a reputation beyond repute debopero has a reputation beyond repute debopero has a reputation beyond repute debopero has a reputation beyond repute debopero has a reputation beyond repute

Buena Suerte .
debopero is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13th, 2008, 08:26 PM   #4
country flag powerbackhand

powerbackhand has much to be proud of powerbackhand has much to be proud of powerbackhand has much to be proud of powerbackhand has much to be proud of powerbackhand has much to be proud of powerbackhand has much to be proud of powerbackhand has much to be proud of powerbackhand has much to be proud of powerbackhand has much to be proud of powerbackhand has much to be proud of powerbackhand has much to be proud of

Lol
powerbackhand is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13th, 2008, 08:29 PM   #5
country flag justine schnyder

justine schnyder has a reputation beyond repute justine schnyder has a reputation beyond repute justine schnyder has a reputation beyond repute justine schnyder has a reputation beyond repute justine schnyder has a reputation beyond repute justine schnyder has a reputation beyond repute justine schnyder has a reputation beyond repute justine schnyder has a reputation beyond repute justine schnyder has a reputation beyond repute justine schnyder has a reputation beyond repute justine schnyder has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck

Official Trainer of the Jelena Clinic

http://i52.tinypic.com/2zxmlab.png
justine schnyder is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13th, 2008, 08:31 PM   #6
country flag Dav.
nothing else compares

Dav. has a reputation beyond repute Dav. has a reputation beyond repute Dav. has a reputation beyond repute Dav. has a reputation beyond repute Dav. has a reputation beyond repute Dav. has a reputation beyond repute Dav. has a reputation beyond repute Dav. has a reputation beyond repute Dav. has a reputation beyond repute Dav. has a reputation beyond repute Dav. has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe we'll play against each other some day.

Good luck!
Old Jul 13th, 2008, 08:37 PM   #7
country flag Dav.
nothing else compares

Dav. has a reputation beyond repute Dav. has a reputation beyond repute Dav. has a reputation beyond repute Dav. has a reputation beyond repute Dav. has a reputation beyond repute Dav. has a reputation beyond repute Dav. has a reputation beyond repute Dav. has a reputation beyond repute Dav. has a reputation beyond repute Dav. has a reputation beyond repute Dav. has a reputation beyond repute

Why was this moved? This is a professional ITF event, no?
Old Jul 13th, 2008, 11:39 PM   #8
country flag TennisFan75

TennisFan75 is a splendid one to behold TennisFan75 is a splendid one to behold TennisFan75 is a splendid one to behold TennisFan75 is a splendid one to behold TennisFan75 is a splendid one to behold TennisFan75 is a splendid one to behold TennisFan75 is a splendid one to behold TennisFan75 is a splendid one to behold TennisFan75 is a splendid one to behold TennisFan75 is a splendid one to behold TennisFan75 is a splendid one to behold

good luck, hope you win a round or two!
Old Jul 14th, 2008, 02:35 AM   #9
country flag drake3781

drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds fun.

What's a pro am?

What is stevegtennis??

Wasn't there a contestant on The Bachelorette named McCarton? I always thought that was such a strange name, and now there are at least two of you?!? (And it's a unisex name, at that.)
drake3781 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15th, 2008, 05:27 AM   #10
country flag darrinbaker00
Serena's #1 Hater

darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoryAnnAvants#1 View Post
So I'm here in Aptos doing PR work for the $75,000 men's challenger here. As a semi-joke, the tournament director and I signed up for the doubles qualifying this morning.

Low and behold, we were only 1 of 3 teams to sign up! And what's even funnier is that we got a bye. We play the final round of doubles qualifying on center court tomorrow And if any team in the MD pulls out, we're the lucky losers. And because I'm in the tournament, they asked me to play the pro-am this afternoon...and paid $75 for it. Not an encouraging sign when you get out there and the "am" is better than the "pro."

Look for the draw tonight on stevegtennis.com. My name is McCarton Ackerman. We're gonna get killed obviously, but what a thrill!
You are my new hero, dude.
"He who finds a wife finds a good thing, and obtains favor from the Lord." -- Proverbs 18:22

"Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard." -- Herb Brooks

"A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life." -- Muhammad Ali
darrinbaker00 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15th, 2008, 02:50 PM   #11
country flag drake3781

drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like the other team got the Q spot.

How was the match?
drake3781 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16th, 2008, 11:47 AM   #12
country flag Whitehead's Boy

Whitehead's Boy has a reputation beyond repute Whitehead's Boy has a reputation beyond repute Whitehead's Boy has a reputation beyond repute Whitehead's Boy has a reputation beyond repute Whitehead's Boy has a reputation beyond repute Whitehead's Boy has a reputation beyond repute Whitehead's Boy has a reputation beyond repute Whitehead's Boy has a reputation beyond repute Whitehead's Boy has a reputation beyond repute Whitehead's Boy has a reputation beyond repute Whitehead's Boy has a reputation beyond repute

Jordan Kepler/Jeff Mullen (USA) d. Nicholas Ballou/David Humphreys (USA) w/o
(WC)McCarton Ackerman/Peter Kepler (USA) bye

Qualifying Round
Jordan Kepler/Jeff Mullen (USA) d. (WC)McCarton Ackerman/Peter Kepler (USA) 6-0 6-0
Whitehead's Boy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16th, 2008, 05:56 PM   #13
country flag In The Zone
it's serena, bitch.

In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute

Awh! Does he get any ranking points or prize money? Who cares, be the new Brie!
In The Zone is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote