Pierce withdraws from Olympics - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 16th, 2008, 03:11 PM   #31
country flag *Jool*

*Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Pierce withdraws from Olympics

car jouer pour mon pays mes derniers JO me tenaient très à cœur
(play for my country my last Olympics ...)

means we wont see Amélie on tour in 2012 ...

KATA - AMG -
APS

Serena- Garcia- Hercog- KDK- Daniilidou- Puig- Muguruza...

*Jool* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 16th, 2008, 03:12 PM   #32
country flag *Jool*

*Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute

by the way ... Mary
I still hope one day we'll get to see her back but I also start seriously doubting that and worrying .

KATA - AMG -
APS

Serena- Garcia- Hercog- KDK- Daniilidou- Puig- Muguruza...

*Jool* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16th, 2008, 03:12 PM   #33
country flag sammy01

sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute

people bashing mary for not pulling out earlier please fuck off, mary has to think about her own life and tennis and not worry about momo's. i dont think momo would have done anything differently had it been the other way round.

Kim Clijsters - Supporting the comeback!

I have no other faves, I just hate

Follow me on twitter, I talk lots of shit about tennis - https://twitter.com/#!/Sammyb01
sammy01 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16th, 2008, 03:13 PM   #34
ElusiveChanteuse

ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute

Mary will have some more Momo fans haters now.
ElusiveChanteuse is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16th, 2008, 03:14 PM   #35
country flag So Disrespectful

So Disrespectful has a reputation beyond repute So Disrespectful has a reputation beyond repute So Disrespectful has a reputation beyond repute So Disrespectful has a reputation beyond repute So Disrespectful has a reputation beyond repute So Disrespectful has a reputation beyond repute So Disrespectful has a reputation beyond repute So Disrespectful has a reputation beyond repute So Disrespectful has a reputation beyond repute So Disrespectful has a reputation beyond repute So Disrespectful has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inside-out View Post
I was just thinking that. When I saw the thread I was like, Mary, I love your game and all that, but you were a real bitch to do that.

Poor Amelie.
So you think Mary should have compromised her own best interests in case Amelie made an unexpected (and inexplicable) early decision to withdraw? We don't know where Mary stands in terms of recovery, she was just taking her time to ensure that the right decision was made. In fact, she could have left the decision even later if she thought she still had a slim chance of competing.

Any normal player would still take up that position, not much has changed in the last week. It's Amelie's own fault for acting irrationally out of spite and not being ranked high enough for a guaranteed position in the first place.

Casey Dellacqua, Jelena Jankovic, Anna-Lena Groenefeld,
Jelena Dokic, Mirjana Lucic, Paula Ormaechea, Sloane Stephens
Jarmila Gajdosova, Melanie Oudin, Kaia Kanepi, Alison Riske
So Disrespectful is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16th, 2008, 03:18 PM   #36
country flag Zébulon

Zébulon has much to be proud of Zébulon has much to be proud of Zébulon has much to be proud of Zébulon has much to be proud of Zébulon has much to be proud of Zébulon has much to be proud of Zébulon has much to be proud of Zébulon has much to be proud of Zébulon has much to be proud of Zébulon has much to be proud of Zébulon has much to be proud of

The French Federation shouldn't have selected Mary in the first place, they're the ones Amélie blamed, not Mary.
I thought Amélie might be selected for the singles and go now.

Last edited by Zébulon : Jul 17th, 2008 at 11:29 AM.
Zébulon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16th, 2008, 03:22 PM   #37
country flag Slumpsova

Slumpsova has a reputation beyond repute Slumpsova has a reputation beyond repute Slumpsova has a reputation beyond repute Slumpsova has a reputation beyond repute Slumpsova has a reputation beyond repute Slumpsova has a reputation beyond repute Slumpsova has a reputation beyond repute Slumpsova has a reputation beyond repute Slumpsova has a reputation beyond repute Slumpsova has a reputation beyond repute Slumpsova has a reputation beyond repute

Mauresmo will swallow her pride and play for France
Slumpsova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16th, 2008, 03:26 PM   #38
country flag Zébulon

Zébulon has much to be proud of Zébulon has much to be proud of Zébulon has much to be proud of Zébulon has much to be proud of Zébulon has much to be proud of Zébulon has much to be proud of Zébulon has much to be proud of Zébulon has much to be proud of Zébulon has much to be proud of Zébulon has much to be proud of Zébulon has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slumpsova View Post
Momo should ask FFT to get her back
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus View Post
FFT should ask Momo to get her back.
Exactly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cp6uja View Post
FRANCE TENNIS BEIJING/08 OLIMPICS TEAM case is one of most pathetic stories in new history of Olympics games

(sorted by June 11 rankings)
Richard Gasquet
Marion Bartoli
Jo-Wilfried Tsonga

Alize Cornet
Paul-Henri Mathieu
Tatiana Golovin
Gilles Simon
Virginie Razzano
Mary Pierce
Amelie Mauresmo

Gael Monfils
Michael Llodra
Pauline Parmentier

bold - withdraw
blue - questionable

Three best ranked French players already withdraws (Gasquet, Bartoli and Tsonga) plus two most acomplished players Mauresmo and Pierce. Instead 4 TOP20 players, France will represent only at hardcourts useless Cornet (just 6 careers TOP100 wins out of clay - and she BTW retire from her todays match).

What a useless Tennis assotiation in country with big Tennis tradition After Mauresmo case i'm not surprised why nobody want to compete.

With Llodra and Parmentier to Olympic Gold Alez!
Cornet's injured ? I thought she withdrew because she was tired of her great run alst week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slumpsova View Post
Mauresmo will swallow her pride and play for France
I hope the FFT begs her to go.
Zébulon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16th, 2008, 03:28 PM   #39
country flag Legend1
My Hero... Always

Legend1 has a brilliant future Legend1 has a brilliant future Legend1 has a brilliant future Legend1 has a brilliant future Legend1 has a brilliant future Legend1 has a brilliant future Legend1 has a brilliant future Legend1 has a brilliant future Legend1 has a brilliant future Legend1 has a brilliant future Legend1 has a brilliant future

I don't think that Amelie acted irrationally... Amelie was looking out for herself she couldn't afford to wait around on Marys decison not to play.

I hope that Amelie will swallow her pride and play for France... Its what she wants.

♥ Amelie Mauresmo ♥

"I dreamt of this career, I dreamt of winning a Grand Slam title, I lifted trophies in every city in the world and I lived 10 magical and unbelievable years."
Legend1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16th, 2008, 03:29 PM   #40
country flag sharapovarulz1
She came to play.......

sharapovarulz1 has a reputation beyond repute sharapovarulz1 has a reputation beyond repute sharapovarulz1 has a reputation beyond repute sharapovarulz1 has a reputation beyond repute sharapovarulz1 has a reputation beyond repute sharapovarulz1 has a reputation beyond repute sharapovarulz1 has a reputation beyond repute sharapovarulz1 has a reputation beyond repute sharapovarulz1 has a reputation beyond repute sharapovarulz1 has a reputation beyond repute sharapovarulz1 has a reputation beyond repute

If her knee is still a problem 2 years on I am afraid it will never heal! I miss her though!!!

Official Right Midfielder Of The Sveta Football Team
sharapovarulz1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16th, 2008, 03:37 PM   #41
country flag Fire_Fox

Fire_Fox has a reputation beyond repute Fire_Fox has a reputation beyond repute Fire_Fox has a reputation beyond repute Fire_Fox has a reputation beyond repute Fire_Fox has a reputation beyond repute Fire_Fox has a reputation beyond repute Fire_Fox has a reputation beyond repute Fire_Fox has a reputation beyond repute Fire_Fox has a reputation beyond repute Fire_Fox has a reputation beyond repute Fire_Fox has a reputation beyond repute

F*ck, Mary! Please make a comeback as soon as possible!
Fire_Fox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16th, 2008, 03:45 PM   #42
country flag olivero

olivero has a reputation beyond repute olivero has a reputation beyond repute olivero has a reputation beyond repute olivero has a reputation beyond repute olivero has a reputation beyond repute olivero has a reputation beyond repute olivero has a reputation beyond repute olivero has a reputation beyond repute olivero has a reputation beyond repute olivero has a reputation beyond repute olivero has a reputation beyond repute

Mary
I hope at least Amelie will play...
olivero is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16th, 2008, 04:02 PM   #43
country flag Whitehead's Boy

Whitehead's Boy has a reputation beyond repute Whitehead's Boy has a reputation beyond repute Whitehead's Boy has a reputation beyond repute Whitehead's Boy has a reputation beyond repute Whitehead's Boy has a reputation beyond repute Whitehead's Boy has a reputation beyond repute Whitehead's Boy has a reputation beyond repute Whitehead's Boy has a reputation beyond repute Whitehead's Boy has a reputation beyond repute Whitehead's Boy has a reputation beyond repute Whitehead's Boy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend1 View Post
I am reallyyyy annoyed about this... Could she not have made her decision earlier.
She's entitled to make her decision when she wants to.

Quote:
Mauresmo really wanted to play these olympics, it was her last chance.
No. If Mauresmo really wanted to play these Olympics, we would not have this discussion.
Whitehead's Boy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16th, 2008, 04:05 PM   #44
country flag hablo

hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute

Mary Pierce couldn't make this decision earlier ?

I'm glad Mauresmo made her decision to focus on the US Open instead. How this OG matter was handled by the French Federation was simply ridiculous.

GO all Canuck players GO
hablo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16th, 2008, 04:09 PM   #45
country flag hablo

hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy01 View Post
people bashing mary for not pulling out earlier please fuck off, mary has to think about her own life and tennis and not worry about momo's. i dont think momo would have done anything differently had it been the other way round.
If you say so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend1 View Post
I don't think that Amelie acted irrationally... Amelie was looking out for herself she couldn't afford to wait around on Marys decison not to play.

GO all Canuck players GO
hablo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote