Pierce withdraws from Olympics - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 16th, 2008, 02:39 PM   #16
country flag darkangel23

darkangel23 has much to be proud of darkangel23 has much to be proud of darkangel23 has much to be proud of darkangel23 has much to be proud of darkangel23 has much to be proud of darkangel23 has much to be proud of darkangel23 has much to be proud of darkangel23 has much to be proud of darkangel23 has much to be proud of darkangel23 has much to be proud of darkangel23 has much to be proud of
Re: Pierce withdraws from Olympics

Mary
Good luck to: Pironkova, Karatantcheva, Peng, Krajicek, Dushevina, Vesnina, Cetkovska, K&A Bondarenko, Oudin, Cornet, Tatishvili, Cibulkova, Olaru, Niculescu, Cirstea, Kleybanova, Larcher de Brito, Robson, Zahlavova Strycova, Rogowska, Marino... Would be even more...
In Loving Memory
M.Seles M.Hingis A.Myskina N.Vaidisova M.Pierce T.Golovin J.Hénin K.Clijsters
darkangel23 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 16th, 2008, 02:41 PM   #17
country flag Vefci Y
You are not likeable,but I like you

Vefci Y has much to be proud of Vefci Y has much to be proud of Vefci Y has much to be proud of Vefci Y has much to be proud of Vefci Y has much to be proud of Vefci Y has much to be proud of Vefci Y has much to be proud of Vefci Y has much to be proud of Vefci Y has much to be proud of Vefci Y has much to be proud of Vefci Y has much to be proud of

Mary...

Jankovic~Govortsova~Minella~Tsurenko~Giorgi~
Oprandi~Radwanska~Li~Mayr~Voegele

Golovin-A.Bondarenko-Safina-Vakulenko-Sprem-Dulko
Vefci Y is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16th, 2008, 02:42 PM   #18
country flag So Disrespectful

So Disrespectful has a reputation beyond repute So Disrespectful has a reputation beyond repute So Disrespectful has a reputation beyond repute So Disrespectful has a reputation beyond repute So Disrespectful has a reputation beyond repute So Disrespectful has a reputation beyond repute So Disrespectful has a reputation beyond repute So Disrespectful has a reputation beyond repute So Disrespectful has a reputation beyond repute So Disrespectful has a reputation beyond repute So Disrespectful has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by drake3781 View Post
What is the explanation about Amelie? I missed that. Why wasn't she playing if Mary was, but if Mary is out Amelie would play?
She didn't believe that she would have enough time to prepare if she was left hanging like this, so decided to prepare for the US Open instead.

Casey Dellacqua, Jelena Jankovic, Anna-Lena Groenefeld,
Jelena Dokic, Mirjana Lucic, Paula Ormaechea, Sloane Stephens
Jarmila Gajdosova, Melanie Oudin, Kaia Kanepi, Alison Riske
So Disrespectful is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16th, 2008, 02:43 PM   #19
country flag daniel122292

daniel122292 is just really nice daniel122292 is just really nice daniel122292 is just really nice daniel122292 is just really nice daniel122292 is just really nice daniel122292 is just really nice daniel122292 is just really nice daniel122292 is just really nice daniel122292 is just really nice daniel122292 is just really nice daniel122292 is just really nice

SO Sad :{ Dont expect to ever see her play again good luck to her though :]
daniel122292 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16th, 2008, 02:43 PM   #20

So Disrespectful has a reputation beyond repute So Disrespectful has a reputation beyond repute So Disrespectful has a reputation beyond repute So Disrespectful has a reputation beyond repute So Disrespectful has a reputation beyond repute So Disrespectful has a reputation beyond repute So Disrespectful has a reputation beyond repute So Disrespectful has a reputation beyond repute So Disrespectful has a reputation beyond repute So Disrespectful has a reputation beyond repute So Disrespectful has a reputation beyond repute

Mary

Old Jul 16th, 2008, 02:43 PM   #21
country flag Vamos.

Vamos. has a reputation beyond repute Vamos. has a reputation beyond repute Vamos. has a reputation beyond repute Vamos. has a reputation beyond repute Vamos. has a reputation beyond repute Vamos. has a reputation beyond repute Vamos. has a reputation beyond repute Vamos. has a reputation beyond repute Vamos. has a reputation beyond repute Vamos. has a reputation beyond repute Vamos. has a reputation beyond repute

Stupid.Horrible.Slow-thinking.Whorebag.

She just ruined Amelie's chances of going to the Olympics all for her own selfish needs. Why the hell couldn't she make this decision earlier?!

This has annoyed me endlessly. What a selfish wench! Amelie really wanted to go...and Pierce sits on her behind thinking about it for days on end? She was never going to go, but probably wanted some last ditch effort of fame and glory.

She always was slow.

I like the way that you taste, when you're all up in my face.

Vamos. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16th, 2008, 02:44 PM   #22
country flag The Kaz
Your fav could never....

The Kaz has a reputation beyond repute The Kaz has a reputation beyond repute The Kaz has a reputation beyond repute The Kaz has a reputation beyond repute The Kaz has a reputation beyond repute The Kaz has a reputation beyond repute The Kaz has a reputation beyond repute The Kaz has a reputation beyond repute The Kaz has a reputation beyond repute The Kaz has a reputation beyond repute The Kaz has a reputation beyond repute

Why do the french continue to call Beijing, Pekin(g)

Samantha Stosur: US Open Champion 2011

Kerber // Barthel // Jankovic // Dellacqua // Pironkova // Arn // Cohen
Dulgheru // Scheepers // Kanepi // Cetkovska // Lisicki // Niculescu // Errani

The Kaz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16th, 2008, 02:46 PM   #23
country flag drake3781

drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowdive! View Post
She didn't believe that she would have enough time to prepare if she was left hanging like this, so decided to prepare for the US Open instead.
I don't quite get that. Isn't she prepared? She is playing Cincinnati, so she would need to be prepared for one or the other.
drake3781 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16th, 2008, 02:55 PM   #24
country flag Cp6uja

Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute

FRANCE TENNIS BEIJING/08 OLIMPICS TEAM case is one of most pathetic stories in new history of Olympics games

(sorted by June 11 rankings)
Richard Gasquet
Marion Bartoli
Jo-Wilfried Tsonga

Alize Cornet
Paul-Henri Mathieu
Tatiana Golovin
Gilles Simon
Virginie Razzano
Mary Pierce
Amelie Mauresmo

Gael Monfils
Michael Llodra
Pauline Parmentier

bold - withdraw
blue - questionable

Three best ranked French players already withdraws (Gasquet, Bartoli and Tsonga) plus two most acomplished players Mauresmo and Pierce. Instead 4 TOP20 players, France will represent only at hardcourts useless Cornet (just 6 careers TOP100 wins out of clay - and she BTW retire from her todays match).

What a useless Tennis assotiation in country with big Tennis tradition After Mauresmo case i'm not surprised why nobody want to compete.

With Llodra and Parmentier to Olympic Gold Alez!

AMAZING BELGRADE MIRACLE: In just three years (2008-2011) 5 different players born in same city reach world #1 in rankings and several GS titles and finals (WTA singles: Ana Ivanovic and Jelena Jankovic, ATP singles: Novak Djokovic, ATP doubles: Nenad Zimonjic and Daniel Nestor... with notable performances of Bojana Jovanovski, Janko Tipsarevic and Viktor Troicki which is also all three born in Belgrade)
Cp6uja is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16th, 2008, 02:59 PM   #25

Quote:
I don't quite get that. Isn't she prepared? She is playing Cincinnati, so she would need to be prepared for one or the other.
Exactly. It was more like sour grapes to me actually.

Old Jul 16th, 2008, 02:59 PM   #26
country flag mariahdg

mariahdg has a brilliant future mariahdg has a brilliant future mariahdg has a brilliant future mariahdg has a brilliant future mariahdg has a brilliant future mariahdg has a brilliant future mariahdg has a brilliant future mariahdg has a brilliant future mariahdg has a brilliant future mariahdg has a brilliant future mariahdg has a brilliant future

Quote:
What is the explanation about Amelie? I missed that. Why wasn't she playing if Mary was, but if Mary is out Amelie would play?
Amélie renonce aux Jo. :
03/07/2008

Amélie a souhaité revenir sur sa non sélection en simple et sa décision de renoncer aux Jo.

N’ayant pas été retenue en simple par la Fédération Française de Tennis pour tenter de ramener une médaille a la France et dans l’optique de me préserver sur le plan physique en raison d’un calendrier inadapté, j’ai décidé de renoncer aux Jo de Pekin pour me consacrer à mon dernier objectif majeur de la saison : l’US Open. Je partirai donc dès le 10 août pour jouer deux tournois de préparations Cincinnati et New Haven. C’est avec tristesse que je prends cette décision car jouer pour mon pays mes derniers JO me tenaient très à cœur.

Here Ya Go
mariahdg is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16th, 2008, 03:06 PM   #27
InsideOut.

InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_Even_Amateur View Post
Stupid.Horrible.Slow-thinking.Whorebag.

She just ruined Amelie's chances of going to the Olympics all for her own selfish needs. Why the hell couldn't she make this decision earlier?!

This has annoyed me endlessly. What a selfish wench! Amelie really wanted to go...and Pierce sits on her behind thinking about it for days on end? She was never going to go, but probably wanted some last ditch effort of fame and glory.

She always was slow.
I was just thinking that. When I saw the thread I was like, Mary, I love your game and all that, but you were a real bitch to do that.

Poor Amelie.
Old Jul 16th, 2008, 03:09 PM   #28
country flag sammy01

sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute

i guess if we never see mary on court again i'll still have all those amazing memories, the olympics was my last hope mary would ever come back. i'll miss you mary, no one does drama or owns a tennis court like she did, 2005 was a year i'll treasure after watching you struggle so much after your 2000 french win!
not looking good for chakvetadze, my 2 favourite players have both been forced to quit before they wanted to give up (seles, mary), chaky please wrap yourself in cotton wool!

Kim Clijsters - Supporting the comeback!

I have no other faves, I just hate

Follow me on twitter, I talk lots of shit about tennis - https://twitter.com/#!/Sammyb01
sammy01 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16th, 2008, 03:09 PM   #29
country flag Legend1
My Hero... Always

Legend1 has a brilliant future Legend1 has a brilliant future Legend1 has a brilliant future Legend1 has a brilliant future Legend1 has a brilliant future Legend1 has a brilliant future Legend1 has a brilliant future Legend1 has a brilliant future Legend1 has a brilliant future Legend1 has a brilliant future Legend1 has a brilliant future

I am reallyyyy annoyed about this... Could she not have made her decision earlier.

Mauresmo really wanted to play these olympics, it was her last chance.

Selfish move by Mary if you ask me.

♥ Amelie Mauresmo ♥

"I dreamt of this career, I dreamt of winning a Grand Slam title, I lifted trophies in every city in the world and I lived 10 magical and unbelievable years."
Legend1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16th, 2008, 03:11 PM   #30
country flag jonny84

jonny84 has a reputation beyond repute jonny84 has a reputation beyond repute jonny84 has a reputation beyond repute jonny84 has a reputation beyond repute jonny84 has a reputation beyond repute jonny84 has a reputation beyond repute jonny84 has a reputation beyond repute jonny84 has a reputation beyond repute jonny84 has a reputation beyond repute jonny84 has a reputation beyond repute jonny84 has a reputation beyond repute

Its a shame for Mary. Wasn't she meant to be coming back in Budapest? I doubt we will see her play again - but players like Date and Shultz-Murphy have come back and had flirtations with doing well at WTA tournaments so we never know.