Lesley Kerkhove - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 1st, 2008, 03:36 PM   #31
country flag Gerben

Gerben has much to be proud of Gerben has much to be proud of Gerben has much to be proud of Gerben has much to be proud of Gerben has much to be proud of Gerben has much to be proud of Gerben has much to be proud of Gerben has much to be proud of Gerben has much to be proud of Gerben has much to be proud of Gerben has much to be proud of
Re: Lesley Kerkhove

Lesley wins second round too, beating the nr 15 seed 5-7 6-3 6-2
She won't face Oudin in the third round though, but Laura Robson, a 14-year old British talent who beat Oudin.

Tashkent 2005, Hobart 2006, Rosmalen 2006
Palermo 2006, Budapest 2006, Rosmalen 2008
Gerben is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 1st, 2008, 04:59 PM   #32
country flag Natash.
:(

Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute

Laura is in tremendous form. Best of luck, Lesley.
Natash. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1st, 2008, 05:08 PM   #33
country flag DutchieGirl
On tour

DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah - the match of Laura-Mladenovic weas on the court next to Lesley-Oudin at Roehampton. She does seem to be a big talent on grass.

As for Lesley, she can hit very good shots, but her tactics still need to develop alot. She did so well against Oudin in the first set at Roehampton, but then Melanie changed her game, and Lesley didn't, and she lost fairly easily in the 2nd and 3rd sets.

But great that she's in the 3rd round!

She & Him @ Melkweg "The Max", Amsterdam 6th May 2010
DutchieGirl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1st, 2008, 08:58 PM   #34
country flag Elwin.
-

Elwin. has a reputation beyond repute Elwin. has a reputation beyond repute Elwin. has a reputation beyond repute Elwin. has a reputation beyond repute Elwin. has a reputation beyond repute Elwin. has a reputation beyond repute Elwin. has a reputation beyond repute Elwin. has a reputation beyond repute Elwin. has a reputation beyond repute Elwin. has a reputation beyond repute Elwin. has a reputation beyond repute

Lesley
Awesome that she is in the 3rd round
Old Jul 2nd, 2008, 07:31 AM   #35
country flag Dinkie

Dinkie has much to be proud of Dinkie has much to be proud of Dinkie has much to be proud of Dinkie has much to be proud of Dinkie has much to be proud of Dinkie has much to be proud of Dinkie has much to be proud of Dinkie has much to be proud of Dinkie has much to be proud of Dinkie has much to be proud of Dinkie has much to be proud of

Again in this match down a break in the third but she still wins the set. I believe Lesley really has the right attitude on court, she never gives up. I have no idea if she has any chance against Laura, I have never seen Robson play but it seems the grass courts suit her game.
Dinkie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2nd, 2008, 07:58 AM   #36
country flag Natash.

Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinkie View Post
Again in this match down a break in the third but she still wins the set. I believe Lesley really has the right attitude on court, she never gives up. I have no idea if she has any chance against Laura, I have never seen Robson play but it seems the grass courts suit her game.
She was both a choker and a fighter when I saw her play at the Orange Bowl. Really should have won that match. Was against Keri Wong I believe but she's learning more and more.

Laura is still so young but very talented.
Old Jul 2nd, 2008, 08:19 AM   #37
country flag Dinkie

Dinkie has much to be proud of Dinkie has much to be proud of Dinkie has much to be proud of Dinkie has much to be proud of Dinkie has much to be proud of Dinkie has much to be proud of Dinkie has much to be proud of Dinkie has much to be proud of Dinkie has much to be proud of Dinkie has much to be proud of Dinkie has much to be proud of

Lesley Blog from Wimbledon

http://www.itftennis.com/juniors/new...rticleid=18870

TUESDAY - LESLEY

Hi, I've had a great day today, I've just won my doubles match with Arantxa and earlier today I won my singles match against Linda Berlinecke.

After having the day off yesterday, because I played my first round singles on Saturday, it was a busy day today. Yesterday, I practiced with Arantxa and Richel (Hogenkamp) for a couple of hours, and we headed back to the university at about 5pm. We hung out in the evening, and passed some time on the internet, so a pretty relaxing day, so today was pretty different.

I didn't make a good start to my singles match today, I lost the first set 57 but I stayed calm and played alot better in the next to sets. I won the match 57 62 63 and I'm really happy, Arantxa also won her singles today, so the Dutch players are doing well.

I'll have to go now, it's 8.30pm and I only just finished my doubles, so I'll be back tomorrow...

Lesley

SATURDAY - LESLEY

Hello, I’m Lesley Kerkhove and I’m going to be your blogger for Wimbledon. I’m from Holland, a place called Zierikzee, it’s in the south of Holland. It’s my first time here in Wimbledon, it’s a really big tournament and it’s really nice.

I’m so happy that I won my first round match, I played Rebecca Marino from Canada, it was a tough match. I was 3-0 up in the first set but lost the set 6-3, she came back 3-1, then 3-2 and then we had a really long game, and she won that too and I didn’t win another game in the set. I won the second set 63 but went 3-1 down in the final set. She served for 4-1 but I broke for 3-2, I was so happy, it was a really good time to break then I held serve and broke her again to lead 4-3 and I finished up winning 64.

I really like grass, last week I reached the semis in Roehampton and that helped me because I had alot of matches last week.

After my match I had to do a TV interview so that was quite exciting. It was for a Dutch channel called Net 5 and they took me to the room of the TV centre. I got a really nice view of Wimbledon and all the courts.

I've been in London for a week now, I'm travelling with some other Dutch players, Xander Spong, Arantxa Rus, and Richel Hogenkamp and our coach Eddy Banks. We have explored the area a bit outside of Roehamton where we having been playing. We went for dinner in a restaurant called Wagamamas, it's like a noodle bar and the food was really good. It's nice to have a change from the same thing all the time.

Tomorrow we have the day off so we will practice together in preparation for Monday.

So that's all for today, I'll let you know how things go on Monday.
Dinkie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2nd, 2008, 09:25 AM   #38
country flag DutchieGirl
On tour

DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute

That's a good description - Lesley's a fighter and a choker in the same match...was the same against Marino in the last set.

Old Jul 2nd, 2008, 05:55 PM   #39
country flag Natash.

Well she had a few sps in the second set but Laura played well. Great match between the two. Both of them have great potential. Lesley has big groundstrokes and can hit great winners but as DutchieGirl stated, she's not the brightest tactics wise. Laura is.
Old Jul 2nd, 2008, 05:57 PM   #40
country flag Gerben

Gerben has much to be proud of Gerben has much to be proud of Gerben has much to be proud of Gerben has much to be proud of Gerben has much to be proud of Gerben has much to be proud of Gerben has much to be proud of Gerben has much to be proud of Gerben has much to be proud of Gerben has much to be proud of Gerben has much to be proud of

Lesley lost to Robson: 6-7(6) 5-7.
Very close match, Lesley had a setpoint when leading 6-5 in the tiebeak, but could not make it (Robson has a very good serve, also had some luck with the net).
Lesley also had 2 setpoints when leading 5-4 in the second set at Robson's serve, but again failed. She then somehow broke and lost her own serve and couldn't do anything anymore when Robson was serving for the set.

Too bad, a missed opportunity.

Tashkent 2005, Hobart 2006, Rosmalen 2006
Palermo 2006, Budapest 2006, Rosmalen 2008
Gerben is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2nd, 2008, 06:20 PM   #41
country flag Elwin.
-

Elwin. has a reputation beyond repute Elwin. has a reputation beyond repute Elwin. has a reputation beyond repute Elwin. has a reputation beyond repute Elwin. has a reputation beyond repute Elwin. has a reputation beyond repute Elwin. has a reputation beyond repute Elwin. has a reputation beyond repute Elwin. has a reputation beyond repute Elwin. has a reputation beyond repute Elwin. has a reputation beyond repute

Lesley
i watched the match, Lesley didn't played bad. Big forehand, good movement, not many UE's.
she has a bright future ahead off her
Old Jul 2nd, 2008, 11:56 PM   #42
country flag Andiyan

Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds promising. Keep it up Lesley
Andiyan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19th, 2008, 02:33 PM   #43
country flag Natash.

Into the finals of 14th Junior Open der Stadt Wels,Austria,G1
Old Jul 19th, 2008, 02:41 PM   #44
country flag Elwin.
-

Lesley
Old Jul 20th, 2008, 12:52 AM   #45
country flag DutchieGirl
On tour

Lesley